Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 29, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #27,556 of 63,952
Well at least you can get them, your link said they don't ship to the US! I like the red even if it does look like a bunch of bananas in your ears:banana:

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #27,557 of 63,952
Well at least you can get them, your link said they don't ship to the US! I like the red even if it does look like a bunch of bananas in your ears:banana:

Agreed; pretty stupid looking. I would rather have just had the front flat instead of carved to look like a bunch of bananas. Oh well, I could always fill the grooves in with bondo or something and paint them for a smooth/flush look. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about in the long run:

bosseyed.png

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #27,559 of 63,952
ah yes... the old hairspray trick.... works like a charm.
brings back memories...... BMX days....

Put a few grips on eh! Makes me love my air compressor more and more each tome I use it:wink: So maybe i can get a pair on Aliex and just listen to Carly sing anticipation 20 million times till they get here:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #27,560 of 63,952
I bought 5 pairs of the zs6 I liked them that much. lol
All the same color? I'm going to get the Pewter gray to go with my Red & Blacks, I'm thinking three ZS6's will hold me for sometime since I have like 30 other pairs of iem's to hold me over! Funny I never took to the green ones but if I could get them with the gold screws now I might reconsider

3 pairs is many, I am still confused as to why I became so overzealous. i'll end up gifting one or two pairs, I also want to polish a black pair to a mirror, buff the black coating off and polish the bare metal. should be good. I bought 3 black and 2 red. - Also I like the red more than the black in the flesh,. in photo's the black looks nicer I admit. the Grey is my favorite but it wasn't available when I purchased mine, neither was the green, well it was but It was double the price or something, I didn't want it enough to pay double, no sir. but i'll also purchase a few of the new 2018's because well, I want to hear what they've been up to. After I broke the nozzle off one pair of zs5's early on in my ownership, not even shure how it happened, I just went Ham on the zs6's because of that full metal jacket.

also hope there's other anodized options avail this year, maybe some purples, pinks or teals... brown maybe? a mustard colour?? maybe a spicy magenta or a fragrant Aubergine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #27,561 of 63,952
Well I prefer my Reds to the black as well, keep those in my consol for when out and about. Based on the finish of the black and red ones I'm sure the gray will look far better than my gray ZS5's.

I love my carbon ZST's as they look far my professional than my colorfuls, sure wish KZ would hurry up and run the dreams again!

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #27,562 of 63,952
My ZS6 arrived today… except the still horrendous failure that is the lack of a lip for securing the tips. Really what are they thinking? My tips keep getting stuck in my ears. Any recommendation for this awful design flaw?
If you like or want to use foamies, just get ones with a smaller nozzle diameter like T200 or T300. Its back a bit in this thread in a few spots along with links to buy that size on Aliexpress.com.

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #27,563 of 63,952
Put a few grips on eh! Makes me love my air compressor more and more each tome I use it:wink: So maybe i can get a pair on Aliex and just listen to Carly sing anticipation 20 million times till they get here:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I Remember once I didn't have hairspray on hand so I used some strong hold mousse hahaha. that was a laugh. worked like a charm.

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #27,564 of 63,952
Well I prefer my Reds to the black as well, keep those in my consol for when out and about. Based on the finish of the black and red ones I'm sure the gray will look far better than my gray ZS5's.

I love my carbon ZST's as they look far my professional than my colorfuls, sure wish KZ would hurry up and run the dreams again!

i'm 100% certain the grey zs6's in the flesh will look seriously good, it's not fair to compare painted plastic to Anodized alloy but you're not going to be disappointed, not like I was after I had purchased so many and then noticed the new colour Pop up.. hahaha. i'm not telling the truth it takes alot more to spark emotion from me.

i'm happy with what I have and the sound is what kept my interest perked. I love the sound of the zs5v2's. in some instances I prefer them to zs6 but the overall resolution or presentation I should say, and consistency to the wide gamut of genre's I listen too has been the real eye opener for me in regards to the zs6's, the time I bought them I hadn't heard of Campfire Audio, and If I had, they weren't doing anything like the Andro at the time of my Hiatus away from Personal Audio. when I discovered they had "Paid Hommage" to the Andro or campfire design, i thought the engineers were taking a stab at Campfire like Someone went for a job there in between employment and was knocked back so the guy then planned his retaliation. or something. in my mind the world is some kind of dramatic novel, of course none of that is true to the best of my knowledge but i like to think these things because who's going to stop me? and I'm also creative and like to imagine a world where beyond the hills there's love and passion and fire and conversation.

i got caught off guard and plan on grabbing some mainstream "Grail" options this year. there's so many to choose from, Aside from the couple of kz models i want to try, I have about ten phones on my list this year and none of them are under $100.

2018 here we come.

Jan 29, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #27,565 of 63,952
Not to detract from current conversations but,
Does anyone know the key differences between kz Ate, Ate-S and ATR?

2 weeks ago, I ordered the Ate-S, with my intention of doing the FF mods (thanks to guides from coil and slater)

Just wondering if there are any drawbacks to trying these mod on this model, rather than the regular ATEs

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #27,566 of 63,952
ah yes... the old hairspray trick.... works like a charm.
brings back memories...... BMX days....

Yup, good 'ol BMX.

I finished restoring my '89 chrome GT Pro Performer World Tour a few years ago...good as new, and upgraded with Redline 3pc crank and Skyways like I always wanted back in the day.

Nothing like riding while jamming with some KZs :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #27,567 of 63,952
Well at least you can get them, your link said they don't ship to the US!
Um, my link with the discount was to the US site... :confused:

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #27,568 of 63,952
I'm disappointed that I didn't buy a second set of ZS5v1. Over the night I did find that while the IT03's are good and do perform quite well, they're just really not worth an extra $210 to me so far. It's like getting a new KZ with a slightly more refind sound signature, and not that large of a soundstage. I haven't found any truly comfortable good sealing tips yet so I've been using medium Comply 500's which eventually start hurting my ears. The isolation is so much better on the IT03. Going to give them another listen today on different sources. I did "burn them in" overnight and yesterday just to make sure nobody bothers me about their beliefs in that manner when I write my actual review compared to the ZS5. If aptX and this Mee Audio Bluetooth cable actually work, drive the IT03's and play for 6+ hours, it may make them more valuable to me.

KZ comes with a higher quality cable than the IT03, surprisingly. Not really something I expected to cheap out on for $259. It's atrocious.

I just thought I'd chime in to see how much leveling of the playing field can be done considering the prices [$260-IT03 vs $70-(ZS5i@$40+$30 BT cable]. Personally, I think it's fair to factor in the separate BT cable because we're trying to gauge what you can get with your money.

One more track to add for your testing and comparison: Don't be alarmed at how distortion increases as you progress to ward the center of the track. It's not the IEM, it's how the track was mastered. I chose this track for that reason. On which IEM is it worse, the IT03 or ZS5(i). I'm asking because there have been instances when the ZS5(i) displays resonance. I'm just trying to discover if it worsens if the track contains distortion due to poor mastering or due to poor lossy files or if it occurs as a result of overlapping a particular frequency range since it has no crossover. I'll try to find a track that might exacerbate the situation with overlapping lower frequency ranges (lower midrange to upper bass), but in the meantime it will be interesting to hear your feedback. I know the ITO3 has big bass and I'm wondering how much the presentation is effected on a track like this.

The 0.75mm BT cable:

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #27,569 of 63,952
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back