Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 29, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #27,541 of 63,966
A bit redundant with these 1DD + 1BA models, hopefully they have updated driver designs and there is an upgrade compared to current models. Interesting array honestly and I am quite surprised that they have these photos of almost finished designs (otherwise what's with promo images being ready for all of them?). Had hope that ZS10 will be some crazy solid metal design but it looks like ZS6 build will remain supreme for this year.

yeah like if they Used a 12mm Copper DD and a 2-way network crossover around the 125hz mark with a full range BA handling the rest. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #27,542 of 63,966
I myself have put on hold the KZ hype since the ZS5 v1. (Luckly I got two of those). No more KZs for me until there's a really good and different one.

Been looking elsewhere, and since october, I only bought a new pair of IEMs (the Swings)... and a Grado SR60e can.

I bought a few pairs of the zs6 I liked them that much. I didn't know what to expect as I was unfamiliar with KZ but now i'm on board. I recommend them, Some great phones, happy to see them modifying the design and becoming more themselves too in the 2018 iteration.
edit: adjusted composition for less wankerism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #27,543 of 63,966
I bought 5 pairs of the zs6 I liked them that much. lol

All the same color? I'm going to get the Pewter gray to go with my Red & Blacks, I'm thinking three ZS6's will hold me for sometime since I have like 30 other pairs of iem's to hold me over! Funny I never took to the green ones but if I could get them with the gold screws now I might reconsider (Obviously the longer I wait I'll have to get a second hand pair)! since the green seem to be discontinued and I still blame that on CA:open_mouth: I also liked the idea of a nice white powder matte pair with a copper screw (maybe it was Bronze I read, remember I'm very old):rolling_eyes:

A green and gold screw pair would be very complementary of Ray's little Tomahawk:wink: Oh look I even kept a pair of KZ's in frame:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ATE X3ii Tomahawk 2.JPG

@DocHoliday I like Zoe's voice, it's deeper but this music reminds me of Maria Mena's stuff:beerchug:

@Mellowship , great call on the SR60E's:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #27,544 of 63,966
Jan 29, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #27,545 of 63,966
You're right, they are great! Better than the ZS6 and almost a match for my $100 AAW Nebula One in all areas. Very quick delivery from here, too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07428VM2Q/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

I've had loads of bargains in the past 18 months but these have got to be one of the best, I reckon.
Thanks to whoever brought them to my attention! :beerchug:

That's a bargain as you can get 10 percent off too. Fantastic value for money and anyone on the UK who doesn't have them should buy them NOW at that price.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #27,546 of 63,966
That's a bargain as you can get 10 percent off too. Fantastic value for money and anyone on the UK who doesn't have them should buy them NOW at that price.
I agree and am going to get some more.
My only problem is that they are very sensitive to tips, and after rolling my favourites are the red-cored silicones that came with my HDS1 and ZS3 so they are in limited supply.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #27,547 of 63,966
My ZS6 arrived today, they are a little brighter than the ZS5 and feel somewhat hollow from my first impressions. For now i think i prefer the ZS5. The biggest improvement is definitely in build quality except the still horrendous failure that is the lack of a lip for securing the tips. Really what are they thinking? My tips keep getting stuck in my ears. Any recommendation for this awful design flaw?

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #27,548 of 63,966

I agree and am going to get some more.
My only problem is that they are very sensitive to tips, and after rolling my favourites are the red-cored silicones that came with my HDS1 and ZS3 so they are in limited supply.

If you have a chance, try out the KZ Starline tips. I'm not the only one who swears by that combination. Same tips that come with ZSE, ZS5, ZS6, and others:
KZ Starline Tips 6 - Edited.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #27,549 of 63,966
If you have a chance, try out the KZ Starline tips. I'm not the only one who swears by that combination. Same tips that come with ZSE, ZS5, ZS6, and others:
Yep, tried them, along with foams, double flanges, triple flanges, and an assortment of ordinary silicones. I found the sweet spot.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #27,550 of 63,966
Even cheaper here for our US friends (as usual :wink:):

https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-UiiSii-CM5-Headphones-Comfortable/dp/B07415PGTY

Interesting description here:

UiiSii CM5 Headphones with earphones Double moving-coil L type bending schoolgirl

https://www.miniinthebox.com/uiisii...-coil-l-type-bending-schoolgirl_p6417081.html

:astonished:

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #27,551 of 63,966
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #27,552 of 63,966
My ZS6 arrived today, they are a little brighter than the ZS5 and feel somewhat hollow from my first impressions. For now i think i prefer the ZS5. The biggest improvement is definitely in build quality except the still horrendous failure that is the lack of a lip for securing the tips. Really what are they thinking? My tips keep getting stuck in my ears. Any recommendation for this awful design flaw?

I use an old BMX bike trick (to keep rubber/silicone handlebar grips firmly attached to the metal handlebars).

Wipe the outside edge of the nozzle using a qtip soaked with 1-2 drops hairspray. Then slide the eartip on while the hairspray is still wet, and let dry for an hour.

Some people glue their tips on with superglue, but I don't like the idea of that.

The other option is to create your own small lip on the nozzle with LazerBond UV glue. I've used this method on IEMs as well.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #27,553 of 63,966
Thanks for the post. With the extra coupon on the page it came out to $8.99 for me.
Excellent. Although I'm not sure you'll get a "bending schoolgirl"! :relaxed:

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #27,554 of 63,966
Jan 29, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #27,555 of 63,966
Actually, that Amazon link you posted has an additional 25% off coupon you can use as well (final price $8.99 shipped)!
Doesn't apply to us in Blighty. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back