Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #2,671 of 64,285
Still, there were other fit issues too. Sorry but EDSE didn`t work out for me. I agree about SQ though, it is very good but I like Piston v2.1 and now r35 more overall.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,672 of 64,285
So, I was in Future Shop the other day and on my way out I found a random little bag with some unused eartips in them sitting in the snow....score! I know....I'm a scavenger....

Anyways, fast forward a day or so and I'm trying to find a better pair of tips for my Micro Ring. "Oh snap!" I think, and pull out the 'lost and found' specials.

What do you know? They are totally bad@$$! Even better soundstage (not by a wide margin, but noticeable), slightly less mid-bass (which I am not a fan of), and best of all....that slight veil I found the Micro Ring had has been lifted. They sound significantly more sharp, but not in a bad way. Comfort is boosted as well as the silicone used is thinner and softer. Bonus!

Sorry for the picture quality. The top tip (black) is the one I was using previously, and the bottom tip (white) is the new one. That slight bore increase works wonders for the Micro Ring.

Based on the packaging I think these tips were from a Samsung iem, but can't say for sure. Either way, they work very, very well with the Micro Ring.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2,675 of 64,285
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #2,678 of 64,285

Hi everyone

Looking for an iem to partner up with my superlux evos. I love the neutral leaning warm sound signature they have and i was thinking if kz has anything like that to offer.

KZ EDSE and mod your evos

If You are thinking of unmodded superlux HD-681 EVOs, then better go for KZ-R35 - more similar sound to evos than EDSE. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #2,679 of 64,285
You are correct Master Wokei...do you own those? If so, how do they stack up vs. the Micro Ring

Imho ...me believe they are wee slightly better than Micro Ring ...fit is better ...cuz the size of the iem is bigger and it look more premium with the carbon fibre ( me luv carbon ..they kick ass) also the sound is much more beefier and more forward ....yet they still sound balanced to me .....compared to Micro .....my only complaint for Micro is fitting pita...haha :D

It's the Sidy hk1 that you are thinking of.

It's one of my all time favorites

Not heard of Sidy HK1 but me hope it sound similar ..cuz remember when buying ..did compared the pic of HK1 to mine .,they look exactly the same ..cheapo that I am

Sad ...with too many iem ..they dont get much air play ...hahahaaa ..life of a hoarder :rolleyes:

Edited ..took them for a spin ...INDEED they sound very good for the price ...me think me got them for 15$ ......oooh much netter than Micro Ring ....much better details and clarity ....bass is good .....pretty tight taut and not overdone ....woo hooo..its good to see gears that me have being mentioned and then take them out for a spin ...to revisit them ..cheers

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #2,681 of 64,285
as for the cables
i own ES which has the same cable as EDSE and must say that it hardens with time in places where it contacts the skin
as i wear them over-the-ear the cables took the form of my ears and turned into "hooks" so i don't need any guides :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #2,682 of 64,285
as for the cables
i own ES which has the same cable as EDSE and must say that it hardens with time in places where it contacts the skin
as i wear them over-the-ear the cables took the form of my ears and turned into "hooks" so i don't need any guides :)

Let nature take its course...cheers

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #2,683 of 64,285
Imho ...me believe they are wee slightly better than Micro Ring ...fit is better ...cuz the size of the iem is bigger and it look more premium with the carbon fibre ( me luv carbon ..they kick ass) also the sound is much more beefier and more forward ....yet they still sound balanced to me .....compared to Micro .....my only complaint for Micro is fitting pita...haha
biggrin.gif

Not heard of Sidy HK1 but me hope it sound similar ..cuz remember when buying ..did compared the pic of HK1 to mine .,they look exactly the same ..cheapo that I am

Sad ...with too many iem ..they dont get much air play ...hahahaaa ..life of a hoarder
rolleyes.gif

Edited ..took them for a spin ...INDEED they sound very good for the price ...me think me got them for 15$ ......oooh much netter than Micro Ring ....much better details and clarity ....bass is good .....pretty tight taut and not overdone ....woo hooo..its good to see gears that me have being mentioned and then take them out for a spin ...to revisit them ..cheers

Awesome, thanks for the comments. I'm looking for a good price online. Best I can find is 20 CAD, which I might go for considering the terrible USD to CAD conversion at the moment, lol.

With the new tips I added to the Micro Ring none of my other iems are getting any play time. I'm enjoying them even more than the VSD3....not saying they're better, just that the Micro Ring suit my preferred signature more.

If the HK1 are even nicer than the Micro Ring, I'll be one happy camper. :D

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #2,685 of 64,285
B9Scrambler...glad to help...but of cuz ymmv...but we do have good track record on some stuff we like...so going on that ...when you get them...hope they are to your liking..cheers

I trust your ears....you haven't led me astray yet! Still waiting on my CM9 and new ANV. Even though I ordered before the holidays, I'm thinking that's the cause of the delay. Must continue to display unbridled patience....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back