Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #2,657 of 64,285
Sweet. Where can i purchase them?

let me help you here.
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1987244299.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #2,658 of 64,285
Am I the first one to buy the LP3? 
wink_face.gif

The only problem is that brazilian custom service is so slow that I would be one of the lasts to get it 
mad.gif

BTW, really cheap, just US$19

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #2,659 of 64,285
Not sure if this has been posted here or not, I have tried to read through most of the 177 pages...  but I just contacted the Official KZ Store and they say they stopped production on the R3.

What, really?..

Yes, I saw that the R3 is no longer available on their flagship page, so I emailed them.

This was their response:

"Thanks of support
Yes,r3 stop production.
others like gr ,ed special also very good."

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #2,660 of 64,285
  Also, someone in the Piston thread claims the SQ of the plastic Piston is the same as the metal. The plastic Piston is also looking pretty good!

I'm not sure I'll be able to find it, but I saw a comment describing the build differences between 2.1 and Basic (plastic).

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #2,661 of 64,285
Anyone compared the KZs to the then famous ´Focalprice cheapies´ which are $4 now?

XKDUN CK-700. I still have a pair, like them a lot. Now I have the MEP-933 for on the road I dont use them a lot anymore, they do isolate much more though so they still get few hours a week and yeah. Try them. Would like to know how they compare to EDSE, since I want to buy a spare CK-700 but if the EDSE is much better I might just spend a little more.

http://www.eforchina.com/view/106174/High-Performance-Noise-Isolation-Stereo-Earphone-with-Bass-function-for-MP3---MP4---iPod--CK-700--White-.htm

- I remember Wokei had those..... :) -

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #2,662 of 64,285
Anyone compared the KZs to the then famous ´Focalprice cheapies´ which are $4 now?

XKDUN CK-700. I still have a pair, like them a lot. Now I have the MEP-933 for on the road I dont use them a lot anymore, they do isolate much more though so they still get few hours a week and yeah. Try them. Would like to know how they compare to EDSE, since I want to buy a spare CK-700 but if the EDSE is much better I might just spend a little more.

http://www.eforchina.com/view/106174/High-Performance-Noise-Isolation-Stereo-Earphone-with-Bass-function-for-MP3---MP4---iPod--CK-700--White-.htm

- I remember Wokei had those..... :) -

Wokei reporting for duty....XKDUN CK700 are real good for less than 10$ ...Me paid 6$ for them...sound signature is different if compared with KZ EDSE...for those who want more bass..the sub bass is better than KZ while the high is more crisp and detailed...better scaling and controlled compared to EDSE...

But EDSE does better across the sound spectrum imo...more exciting sound sig...Me see no harm in getting both for that price...But built quality on KZ is way more better...this is from memory...Me do reserve the right to change my post..haha

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #2,664 of 64,285

Also, someone in the Piston thread claims the SQ of the plastic Piston is the same as the metal. The plastic Piston is also looking pretty good!

I'm not sure I'll be able to find it, but I saw a comment describing the build differences between 2.1 and Basic (plastic).

@
  1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4d/100x100px-LS-4d4b4734_my_golden_ears2.jpeg[/img]
  1. julian67 made that claim - SQ in the plastic and metal Pistons identical. That was in the Pistons thread and I have no reason to doubt him. The plastic have copper drivers iirc and the metal beryllium alloy (they claim). Also, Xiamomi marketing says the SQ is identical - plastic and Pistons 2.0. But right now Ibuygou has the pistons for $15.99 shipped so I'd get the gold.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,665 of 64,285
Hi wokei! Which would you prefer for classical/country ? Treble is really painful on xkdun sometimes and needs to be eqed down!

2 or 3 years back...it's all about the bass..the bass...but now..kinda like bright iem....for country...if you are on a budget...both will do fine...but not for classical music though....the range and spectrum for both of these is not equal to the task....imho...

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #2,666 of 64,285
Ok, after "failing" with KZEDSE (didn`t get proper fit with any tips, cable sucked for me to wear over ear, they moved in ear due to small shape (diameter) and stuck too far out of the ear, littlebit heavy)... 

I think I have now found my fav KZ IEM atm - KZ-Tuner-r35 (black, without mic).
Also I removed those tiny black g.k stickers (under them is small port hole) and used Piston v2.1 tips => result is very very similar to Piston v2.1.
That makes r35 best bang-for-a-buck IEM for me so far (I bought them for 5.9€). Recommend to try it if You know and like how Piston v2.1 sounds.
Just my 2 cents.

About earlier discussion about Piston v2 - one guy at my local PC forum got gold and white ones and claims that white ones have littlebit more depth. 

And more about KZEDSE - another guy from local PC forum claims that EDSE quality is inconsistent... one had more bass, other was more "flat".
He bought these from aliexpress official kz flagship store with one order. So, ppl be warned - cheap price and bad quality control. Many of us in this thread
might not have same quality products and thus different impressions. 

From personal experience, I ordered 2x EDSE and they sounded same. So far I have had good experience with KZ, hope it stays so.

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,667 of 64,285
  Ok, after "failing" with KZEDSE (didn`t get proper fit with any tips, cable sucked for me to wear over ear, they moved in ear due to small shape (diameter) and stuck too far out of the ear, littlebit heavy)...

Yes, I agree about the cable.

And more about KZEDSE - another guy from local PC forum claims that EDSE quality is inconsistent... one had more bass, other was more "flat".
He bought these from aliexpress official kz flagship store with one order. So, ppl be warned - cheap price and bad quality control. Many of us in this thread
might not have same quality products and thus different impressions. 

From personal experience, I ordered 2x EDSE and they sounded same. So far I have had good experience with KZ, hope it stays so.

I guess I got one of the "more bass" ones. Too bad about the poor QC - I had really been anticipating the EDSE and GR during the month long ship time, oh well. I did manage to get the EDSE to sound a bit better with some EQ though.

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #2,668 of 64,285

Just like the cable on the Vsonic GR07, the edse cable gets softer over time in a good way. With normal use in a few weeks it will go over ear just fine.

About what people claim on a local forum, who knows. But for the Pistons i would put great confidence in the Piston thread/ @thatBeatsguy .

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,669 of 64,285

edse cable gets softer over time in a good way. With normal use in a few weeks it will go over ear just fine.

I did use it some time, didn`t get much better. For me - not fine.

About my remove-sticker-modded KZ-R35, took a pic:

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,670 of 64,285

edse cable gets softer over time in a good way. With normal use in a few weeks it will go over ear just fine.

I did use it some time, didn`t get much better. For me - not fine.

About my remove-sticker-modded KZ-R35, took a pic:

It's fine for me and others here. Maybe the two week number is more like months. It does loosen up. I now wear mine over ear no problem. It was not fine for some time that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back