Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 30, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #24,406 of 63,930
Flame me! Just burn me alive!

I see no need to flame you, I'm happy for you. We are all seeking that perfect fit for our listening preferences and if yours was <$100 then more power to you. I've tried a ton of things and haven't found my utopia yet in a price range I can afford. Maybe one day....

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #24,407 of 63,930
Just ordered my pair of kz zs3 instead of the zst.. many people said zst had a bit lack of bass and a little emphasis on the high ones.
Hope it won't disappoint me.. i'll post my impressions here too.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #24,409 of 63,930
I have this one.
Others use this, cutting the plastic at the end for better fit.

Hi Superluc, with regards to your 2nd link, can I use it with the ZS6 even if it is for ZST? If not, for the rest of the guys here, can I use this cable?

edited post------------

I have seen this post about cutting the plastic.

Hey guys, here's some KZ ZS5/6 and ZST/ES3 Cable Measurements...
First of all, there doesn't seem to be a .078MM pin on EITHER cable..
They actually both measured at .072MM..

In some cases you can cut the plastic in order to make a cable fit the "incorrect model"..
For example: the above SILVER upgrade cable for the ES3/ZST can be trimmed to fit a ZS6/6...
Untrimmed it will still plug in to (and work just fine) the ZS5/6...
However, it wont go in as deep without the plastic trimming.

Hope this helps! :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #24,410 of 63,930
Hi Superluc, with regards to your 2nd link, can I use it with the ZS6 even if it is for ZST?
Can be adapted, for it.

Anyway, hillsonicaudio posted this today, but i can't find it on Aliexpress.
If that is true, now exist also another version of that cable, for better fit with ZS3/ZS5/ZS6.

If someone buy it and have already the older one, let us know and see the difference.

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #24,411 of 63,930
I see no need to flame you, I'm happy for you. We are all seeking that perfect fit for our listening preferences and if yours was <$100 then more power to you. I've tried a ton of things and haven't found my utopia yet in a price range I can afford. Maybe one day....

Thanks! I'm really determined to stay under $100. If you look around, there are so many options.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #24,413 of 63,930
Do you think, boys, an Xduoo X3 being a good source for ZS5 v.1?
I don't know, but using it and my ipod classic, I like much more v.2's.
I can't figure out much about its output stage, but it has measurements available: http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x3.php
From specs and measurements, looks like it has: plenty of current at low impedance :heavy_check_mark: incredibly low output impedance :heavy_check_mark:and no sub-bass roll-off @16 ohms :heavy_check_mark:

These discussions on powering the ZS5v1 without distortion are already pushing the limits of my knowledge relating to amps though - I have no ability to tell you how it might compare in relative quality to a SE class A, which according to someone who actually works with such things professionally (@xrk971), is a superior choice to his ear.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #24,414 of 63,930
I can't figure out much about its output stage, but it has measurements available: http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-x3.php
From specs and measurements, looks like it has: plenty of current at low impedance :heavy_check_mark: incredibly low output impedance :heavy_check_mark:and no sub-bass roll-off @16 ohms :heavy_check_mark:

These discussions on powering the ZS5v1 without distortion are already pushing the limits of my knowledge relating to amps though - I have no ability to tell you how it might compare in relative quality to a SE class A, which according to someone who actually works with such things professionally (@xrk971), is a superior choice to his ear.
Thank you very much, mate. I'm using rockbox on X3...is it possible that it can altere those measurements in any way?

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #24,417 of 63,930

You don't have to take my word that SE Class Aamps sound better. Here is a brief tutorial by Nelson Pass, a legendary amp designer.

https://www.passlabs.com/press/single-ended-class

Basically you want an amp with as few components in the signal path as possible. You want high bias current through the transistors even when music is not playing. You want the amp to behave in a single ended mode - that is, it pushes differently than it pulls. That's because natural sound is single ended in nature. Because air transmits sound through compression and rarefaction. They are asymmetric. You can't pull on air but you push on it. So the harmonic nature of sound transmitted through air is SE. A SE Class A amp naturally sounds similar to how sound travels through air. Other amp topologies may sound unnatural because they don't have the second order harmonic distortion nature of air. Odd order harmonic distortion is an unnatural sound. It sounds mechanical.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #24,419 of 63,930
Do you think, boys, an Xduoo X3 being a good source for ZS5 v.1?
I don't know, but using it and my ipod classic, I like much more v.2's.

Thank you very much, mate. I'm using rockbox on X3...is it possible that it can altere those measurements in any way?

in next hours, i'll measure maximum volume (and maximum dB SPL) you can get with acceptable low distortion, when pairing ZS5 v1 (and ZS6, although there aren't power issues with ZS6) with xDuoo X3, SMS iDEA (Sabaj Da2) and maybe some other DAPs and amps i've got around. anyway, i'm sure xDuoo X3 is a very good pairing, like @vector84 has told you: the check marks ensure you'll hear ZS5 v1 without any alteration.
but let me measure to confirm it 100%.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #24,420 of 63,930
Hi guys i'm thinking to get the Kz kz5 for remplace the faulty xiaomi hybrid i get yesterday.
I read good things about the ks5 but i read even read the bad things, like some problem with the silicon things not really comfy or with some problems with the sound.
Is worth the try? Now they cost €16.23 and i'm really interest to try them (like with xiaomi hybrid but i don't really like them) i just don't want to waste time and money, suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back