Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #21,767 of 63,834
measured impedance of some of these cables.
silver plated more cores, metallic jack: 0.45Ω
old silver plated upgrade for zs3/zs5/zs6 (i guess the zst one is similar): 0.67Ω
stock zs3 cable (mic version): 0.86Ω
stock zst cable (mic version): 0.87Ω

the lower the impedance, the better, specially for ultra low impedance earphones, like zs5.
i haven't already got zs5 nor zs6, but when trying to plug any zst cable into zs3, it doesn't fit easily: the pins of these zst cables are a bit wider than zs3 ones.
Neat, though is that DC resistance really?
(impedance is resistance to AC current and needs to be measured with respect to frequency).

Not that there should really be a difference between the two for cables but... just sayin :wink:

To add a bit more to that: If those are DC resistance, a simplistic approximation of impedance @1kHz would be around 15% less.
(but that can't account for the supposed effects of braiding)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #21,770 of 63,834
Are there ANY ZS5 cables that don't come with memory wire?
There's some aftermarket ones that claim to use 0.75mm pins in what appears to be a standard custom 2pin style housings that look like they don't have a memory wire.

EDIT: Oops, that one has a memory wire too. Thought I saw some on ali, maybe not.
EDIT again: Ohh... I remember where I saw them... about that... :shrug: ... most of them are 0.78mm pins

Well, you can just strip it off yourself y'know :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #21,771 of 63,834
Well they should definitely fit the ES3 since it uses a ZST style cable.

A couple people have commented on them in regards to the ZS5 - if I recall, I believe one person had no trouble with them, while another found they had to cut down the thin plastic section of the connector to get a good fit? But I don't have them in-hand to speak to the subject personally.

I was able to get them on ZS3 by cutting the edge a little bit. But the fitting was not as secure as ZS5/ZST.

Sounds like a good all around cable. Cool. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #21,772 of 63,834
Sounds like a good all around cable. Cool. :call_me: :call_me:

Yes it is :beyersmile:
IMG_20170919_030306.jpg

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #21,777 of 63,834
Sep 18, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #21,778 of 63,834
Neat, though is that DC resistance really?
(impedance is resistance to AC current and needs to be measured with respect to frequency).

Not that there should really be a difference between the two for cables but... just sayin :wink:

To add a bit more to that: If those are DC resistance, a simplistic approximation of impedance @1kHz would be around 15% less.
(but that can't account for the supposed effects of braiding)
yes, it was DC resistance. edited my post. thank you!

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #21,779 of 63,834
My ES3 is somewhere in my city for the past 3 days according to the tracking info, but still no delivery. This was the first time I went with America Line SF shipping and the tracking info is kinda humorous. It left China for NY. Then when it arrived in country it said it went through the Los Angeles cross border check. Then hours later it was in Elizabeth NJ, then ATL, and in my city for the past three days. It's almost like the tracking info was fabricated lol. Oh well it was quoted as 5-15 business days so there is still plenty of time. So far it has only been 11...err 8 if you count when the package actually started moving.

Next time I will go back to America Line IB shipping as that seems to consistently be 10 business days from time of order to my house.

All that aside, I'm excited to try out the ES3

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #21,780 of 63,834
My ES3 is somewhere in my city for the past 3 days according to the tracking info, but still no delivery. This was the first time I went with America Line SF shipping and the tracking info is kinda humorous. It left China for NY. Then when it arrived in country it said it went through the Los Angeles cross border check. Then hours later it was in Elizabeth NJ, then ATL, and in my city for the past three days. It's almost like the tracking info was fabricated lol. Oh well it was quoted as 5-15 business days so there is still plenty of time. So far it has only been 11...err 8 if you count when the package actually started moving.

Next time I will go back to America Line IB shipping as that seems to consistently be 10 business days from time of order to my house.

All that aside, I'm excited to try out the ES3
I like the ES3. It is like the ZS5 with more bass and less Soundstage. :call_me:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back