Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #18,316 of 63,915
Using my tri-flange on the ZS5's is VERY comfortable. I've never been able to use tri-flange because they hurt my ear. This is great. Mids came alive finally with this good seal. Stock ear tips aren't very good for the ZS5.

These are very tip & seal dependent. I have these with my tri-flange and the bass bumps and goes down low (better bass than my Tennmak Piano's!), mids are out in full force. Everything is nicely separated and not muddy. I was hoping for this. EDM sounds so good. No distortion at all and sounds good with more of the Future genre with some distorted basslines.

Better than the ZST++

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #18,318 of 63,915
Does it work with the iPhone?
I do not have an iPhone, sorry :frowning2:

The microphone just doesn't work AT ALL.Nobody can hear me well even when I'm talking directly into it.

Jun 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #18,320 of 63,915
Jun 18, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #18,322 of 63,915
haha

for a <$25 iem?

nah. I personally can't hear any major difference between the silver kz cable and the stock cable anyway - I purchased it for the looks and more flexible cable anyway.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #18,323 of 63,915
I do not have an iPhone, sorry :frowning2:

The microphone just doesn't work AT ALL.Nobody can hear me well even when I'm talking directly into it.

Think you have a bum mic and control.

I've tested on both ipad and android phone, this is a rare mic w/volume control that works on both. However, because of the need to have a chip inside to do the switching, I do find that sometimes the volume controls will stop working on my android phone (possibly it switched to ios style for some reason), but then a quick plug and unplug will reset it and it works again. Center button and the mic itself will always work since there's no difference between ios and android.

As for voice, the mic position is a little further down the wire than most, so I need to raise it up next to my mouth in noisy environments. But voice clarity from the other end is fine, at least for the few phone calls I've taken hah

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #18,324 of 63,915
haha

for a <$25 iem?

nah. I personally can't hear any major difference between the silver kz cable and the stock cable anyway - I purchased it for the looks and more flexible cable anyway.

There is no difference. Correct.

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #18,327 of 63,915
Alright people, please keep the cable matters or not discussion to the sound science forum.

If you like custom cables, good for you. If you think it doesn't matter, good for you.

+1!

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #18,328 of 63,915
I have iem tips that fit perfectly for the kz ate and I get a seal with them

My kz atrs, however, do not seal basically at all. I tried like 30 different tips that I had from various old iems, and the only ones that fit are the ones that I use on the ate.

I want two pairs of tips that work well so if I lose the ate then the atr isn't screwed up

Tl;dr are there any specific tips that work well on the kz ate or atr? When I use other tips the headphones won't go in all the way or won't seal if they do.

I already ordered Chinese spinfits as well, I'm waiting on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back