Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #16,816 of 63,975
About memory foam ear tips, are they supposed to reduce the fall-off problems with earphones like the ATE?
I got a pair of silicone ear tips with the ZS3, are they considered as memory foam or it should be a foam like texture?
And finally what is the difference between ATE and ATR? 
PS: I already have the bassy ATES

Not a fan of the ATR seems like they tuned them with a bit less treble. Some say amped brings out the treble. The ATE has better smoother treble but not harsh. ATE, ZST and Zs3 you cant go wrong. ED9 are great but need BI to smoothen out the treble 80hrs at least. ED3 acme need BI same as above.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #16,818 of 63,975
I got mine like 2 weeks ago. Newer version in a box. No case. From what i read in this thread tuning is better than the early version. I think SLSpam has both.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #16,819 of 63,975
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #16,821 of 63,975
I think this time I will only buy the Xiaomi mi band 2 from aliexpress, no need to get a new KZ when you already have the best (ZS3 and ATES)
Too bad they didn't release a new hybrid model

You need to get the ZST its a dual driver and fantastical. I think i got the best they have to offer till the new STuff arrives. Shhhh slspam.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #16,823 of 63,975
So I just have to lower the bass with an equaliser to get the exact same sound as a ATE? Or there is a difference in the mids?

Yeah, if you EQ the bass down a bit it seems pretty darn close to me. The treble on the ATE-S is recessed a bit compared to the ATE, so you'd also have to bump that slightly. The mids seem the same to me.

Although if you are planning on doing the EQ work to the ATE-S, you may as well just get the ATE as it's pretty neutral out of the box.

KZ has revised the plain ATE a number of times now (4 revisions to be exact). They pretty much have it dialed in just right. It's comfortable too. I own (2) ATE Gen 1 (1 of which has an open grille mod) and (1) Gen 4.

I don't personally own the ATR, but it's reported to not be as good as the ATE.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #16,824 of 63,975
Recently jumped on two budget hype trains at once and picked up a Philips SHP9500s for home listening and a KZ ZST colorful for portable and office use. It really bugs me to say it, but I think I'm preferring the sound of the ZSTs by a pretty significant margin. I'm still kind of hoping that the Philips will improve with a little more power (mostly listening from a Galaxy S7), but the ZSTs are definitely outperforming my expectations.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #16,828 of 63,975

Looks like ZST is not made for me from the reviews I saw, pretty harsh highs.
ATR is for a very good price at our friend XXXX but only tomorrow, dunno why most sellers are not releasing deals today

You need to remove the reference to that seller.

Buy from Gearbest they're super cheaper all year round. ZST are very bright at the very top end but you can get used to them, just listen to non-bright recordings or EQ the highs. Gradually reintroducing the highs over time.  

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #16,829 of 63,975
fc78fc6bd7f0092d91393a823b15d809.jpg

After trying the art, these zs3 fit much better and have a more enjoyable bass response.
The shape makes it very comfy

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #16,830 of 63,975
Before I place an order for tips and cable, is the star shape tips the best for ZS3?
And do you have to press the mic button all the way down to make it work? I wonder if mine has a factory fault or they are all like that (zs3 grey cable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back