Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 21, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #16,666 of 63,939
so i need amp to run this iem perfectly but i don't amp, i use with my smartphone and i just crank the volume seem to fix it. But why this iem hungry power?

Not too sure if I can help since I don't design the IEM. It depends on the materials and other design choices KZ have. I only just point out my observations. You should fine an improvement when you try this with an amp in the future or a DAP. If you are happy as it is that's no problem at all! Most of my casual listening friends who tried it with phones are happy enough it seems. I just find that the sound is a lot more defined and scales up when I use a DAP with hi-res lossless files.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #16,667 of 63,939
That is quite interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Although looking back I'm not sure if it was a polarity issue, I'm pretty sure I put it on the correct way.  Cause when I put them on, I checked the positions, and I remember the first time I put it on wrong, so I had to double back and re-plug it.

I agree.  I bought from Penon Audio, and the Manager there said that they dropped every one of KZ's products because of QC (They were dropping AuGlamour too).  But they were still selling the KZ ZST.  They said that this one is still OK.  So maybe I'm lucky?  I don't know.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #16,668 of 63,939
Huh, is KZ QC that bad?  I haven't seen too many failures in this thread.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #16,670 of 63,939

Not so sure myself.  But it's what one of the members have stated.  I purchased 3 KZ ZST's.  I've only opened one.  Will let you know when I open the other two.

My track record is 2/11 and 1 cable with serious defects ( channel imablance ) and 2/11 with minor defects ( popping when inserted in ear, grille that's fallen off)

for a total of 4/11 having some sort of issue.

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #16,671 of 63,939
  My track record is 2/11 and 1 cable with serious defects ( channel imablance ) and 2/11 with minor defects ( popping when inserted in ear, grille that's fallen off)

for a total of 4/11 having some sort of issue.

Holy.  That is really bad.  I didn't expect that, given so many people with good responses.  The reviews are all really good... I wonder how that happened for you.  Which models did you buy?

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #16,673 of 63,939
7th anniversary sales of aliexpress are next week, they are already showing prices, but it's really not the big sales I saw last year and on 11.11.
Only the ZST colors price has dropped, others like ZS3 are still on the 18ish$ this time the sales are BS
I remember buying the ZS3 for 10$ on 11.11
I was hoping to get the new ZS3 cable + mic for under 5$ but no!

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #16,674 of 63,939
  Holy.  That is really bad.  I didn't expect that, given so many people with good responses.  The reviews are all really good... I wonder how that happened for you.  Which models did you buy?

My colorful ZST is all fine (both cables) but my ZS3 stock cable housing is loose on the right side, loose enough that the wire falls out with relatively low effort tugging e.g. just taking it out of my ear.  Using the silver cable is fine, so likely the wire housing on the stock cable was slightly off. I managed to get a small refund (the cost of a pair of stock cables) from the seller for this.

Still, for this price level, you have to expect some corners to be cut.  Thankfully sound quality isn't one of them!

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #16,675 of 63,939
7th anniversary sales of aliexpress are next week, they are already showing prices, but it's really not the big sales I saw last year and on 11.11.
Only the ZST colors price has dropped, others like ZS3 are still on the 18ish$ this time the sales are BS

The ZS3 is $7.99 on gearbest though. Good enough?

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #16,676 of 63,939
haha, yeah

Hey, what do you think of your W1 Pros?

At ~$4 price, they just can't go wrong. Almost flat sound signature (warm tendency) with tight bass. Mids are decent, and highs are a bit recessed. Soundstage and clarity is okay. IMO the best features are the cable, it's detachable and have good coating (no tangle and microphonics at all). It's perfect for workouts, I think.

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #16,677 of 63,939
Huh, is KZ QC that bad?  I haven't seen too many failures in this thread.

Well, my edr2 came without glue in the housong part, and i fell apart when i try to replace the eartips... Fixed by glue in 2 minutes tho

Sadly i find the price in local shop near me to be as cheap or sometimes even cheaper than the sale price. Sometimes I am glad that i live in Indonesia because jaknot always sell chinese stuff cheaper than those "sale" price.

At ~$4 price, they just can't go wrong. Almost flat sound signature (warm tendency) with tight bass. Mids are decent, and highs are a bit recessed. Soundstage and clarity is okay. IMO the best features are the cable, it's detachable and have good coating (no tangle and microphonics at all). It's perfect for workouts, I think.

Well, it should be noted that w1 pro is not using conventional mmcx cable, and the cheapest compatible cable that i can find in AE cost thrice of its price. While w1 pro is decent, just don't think of it as an iem with removable cable

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #16,678 of 63,939
Well, my edr2 came without glue in the housong part, and i fell apart when i try to replace the eartips... Fixed by glue in 2 minutes tho
Sadly i find the price in local shop near me to be as cheap or sometimes even cheaper than the sale price. Sometimes I am glad that i live in Indonesia because jaknot always sell chinese stuff cheaper than those "sale" price.
what are the prices? Btw i live in malaysia but i don't think its cheap in my country it cost rm40-78 at lazada.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #16,679 of 63,939
Wait, you mean you got the Mula or Zircons for $12 shipped?

Yes Sir the Zir(cons) on that ebay. Was the sellers last one. You got the QKZ W1 PRO(fonge W1 Pro on ebay weird)? Thoughts? Oh Oh. :p Ever try these? Hahaha http://www.ebay.com/itm/282386499551

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #16,680 of 63,939
what are the prices? Btw i live in malaysia but i don't think its cheap in my country it cost rm40-78 at lazada.

I've gotten all my KZ on ebay. The prices usually even out if i buy a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back