Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 8, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #16,426 of 63,836
ED9s are infinitely more fatiguing than ZS3s for me

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #16,427 of 63,836

Simple answer: I like them. Long answer: Links below, lol.

Knowledge Zenith: Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4

ROTFLMAO
beerchug.gif
As Richard Dawson used to say "Good Answer"
wink_face.gif

I have read through many of these last pages and even though KZ products up to now have been sub $25 iem's (patiently awaiting the ZSR) and for the price (and) like has been said they are tuned well; it has also been said one can get a lot of miles out of their sub $25 iem's with proper care (a good case, many have the small velcro loop to secure coiled cable in the case and consistently recovering your iem's to same after use). If you treat them like they are just cheap iem's then before you know it they are! For me I treat all my headphones the same regardless of what I pay for them, actually that goes for all my gear
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #16,428 of 63,836
Was doing a BI with these when i noticed some things missing. Not liking the sound so far. Are the newer KZ ATE shipping without the 2 gold pieces on the side? Also seems to be in generic black box with purple writing instead of the plastic case. Housing Grills are red cloth. All the pics see its a grey housing grill with holes. Sent the ebay seller a email.
do you have a proper seal with the iem?

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #16,430 of 63,836
ZS3 > Piston 3 for me!

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #16,431 of 63,836
do you have a proper seal with the iem?

The seal is ok just wanted to BI for a couple of days to see if i notice any change. Gonna try the Sony tips after the BI. Are yours without the gold pieces, etc.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #16,432 of 63,836

Having spent some more time with the ZST, I can say that I really like them. It's really neutral/flat but with just an extra kick of subbasss to make EDM and other bass heavy genres satisfying. I need to spend some additional time with my ZS3 to figure out which of the two I prefer, but I really appreciate the ZST for being just a bit more lively with it's better extended treble accompanied by the aforementioned bass extension.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #16,434 of 63,836
  hmm maybe the ED9's, they have a somewhat similar signature, but I have to say that I prefer the zs3 in all aspects.

Yes, I like the ZS3's sound signature better than that of ED9's, it's just a personal preference. Also, I am looking for earphones that are smaller than ED9, that can be worn comfortably while sleeping, but with a similar sound signature as the ZS3s. I am very treble sensitive; I also have the ZSTs, which I love, but I can't listen to them for extended periods of time as I find them to be too bright.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #16,435 of 63,836
Hi Folks,

I got what is seems to be the KZ ATES ATE ATR HD9 following a recommendation of the audiophiliac.  I am quite impressed.  I usually have comfort issues with IEM, but I found this one better on that.  And the sound is quite good.

Is https://kziems.aliexpress.com/store/1358152 a good source for the brand?  Do they have a web site?

Reading the thread... but it is a long one. :)

Thanks,
Walfredo

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #16,437 of 63,836
  Hi Folks,

I got what is seems to be the KZ ATES ATE ATR HD9 following a recommendation of the audiophiliac.  I am quite impressed.  I usually have comfort issues with IEM, but I found this one better on that.  And the sound is quite good.

Is https://kziems.aliexpress.com/store/1358152 a good source for the brand?  Do they have a web site?

Reading the thread... but it is a long one. :)

Thanks,
Walfredo

You can try Gear Best too. I got my ZS3s from Gear Best. One big advantage with Gear Best is that you can pay through PayPal. You can't do that on Ali Express.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #16,438 of 63,836
Gearbest also tends to be the cheapest source as well.

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #16,439 of 63,836
  Hi I am new to this brand and I was wondering what is its best IEM offering at ~25USD? ATE? ZS3? ZST?

No such thing. All KZ IEMs are pretty well below $25 USD. The current flagship models - ZST and ZS3 - can be had at about $10 - 20 depending on the seller. ATE and ATR can be had as low as $7-8 and $4-5 respectively.

Some older and/or discontinued models can cost up to $25. There's the KZ IE80 (a copycat in design terms of the Sennheiser IE80, with an additional function of adjustable bass), or the dual-driver DT5 ($25 - 30). There are probably some even older models, the KZ veterans will have to tell you about them, though.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #16,440 of 63,836
No such thing. All KZ IEMs are pretty well below $25 USD. The current flagship models - ZST and ZS3 - can be had at about $10 - 20 depending on the seller. ATE/ATR can be had as low as $4-5.

Some older and/or discontinued models can cost up to $25. There's the KZ IE80 (a copycat in design terms of the Sennheiser IE80, with an additional function of adjustable bass), or the dual-driver DT5 ($25 - 30). There are probably some even older models, the KZ veterans will have to tell you about them, though.

Well,ATEs are always $7.xx and upward....but yeah, adding another $2/3 to his $25 budget wld bring him all those 3 iems he mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back