Knowing anything about audio makes you look stupid.
Nov 10, 2010 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

computeruler

Head-Fier
So today in school some kid was wearing beats by dr dre, and someone was like OMGWTFBBQ! Beats by dr dre!  Then i said they are terrible, and they all looked at me like I was crazy, and told me so too.  Then they told me they're $300 how can they be bad.  Also, they told me I probably have bose, and when I told them they were also terrible, they proceeded to think I was even more crazy.  So then I told them I have a pair of $150 headphones that sound way better than beats and bose, and they thought I was crazy for even spending that much on headphones.  Then the person wearing the beats, and whose music I could hear because they leak tons of sound, told me to try them on.  They felt like they were about to fall apart, The earpad was like half on and half off my ear, and the highs were very very harsh and hurt my ears.  Then he thought I was crazy because apparently they are the best things ever.  This sort of thing happens to me every single time I say bose or skullcandy or whatever is bad, and everyone thinks I'm really stupid and have no clue what I'm taking about.  
triportsad.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 102
I generally just keep quite when I see people with Bose/Monster/Skullcandy headphones. I like avoiding any conflict. lol.

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 102
I agree with Swazi lol....whenever i see someone with beats, i try not to get into any conflict XD but sometimes i end up argueing with them lol....general consumer = oblivious to lots of stuff ~__~

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 102

Quote:
Skullcandy's pretty good, but Bose is what Skullcandy could have been

Yeah my friends an audiophile too but he picked up a pair of skullcandies to see how bad they were. I listened to them for five minutes..not impressed at all, but for like $10 portables, it is much safer to carry around those and get somewhat decent sound rather than carrying around $100+ iems that could be damaged. A KSC75 is an easy solution to this but they're clip ons O.o

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #11 of 102
id much rather recommend a pair of Audio Technica ES7s that I got for $60 to carry around outside. more durable and far superior sound.

monster turbine pros are tanks btw. i neglect them, abuse them, step on them, throw em. still working fine but gold color's pretty much come off haha but i cant say the same about the beats. they break with the softest push

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #12 of 102

Quote:
id much rather recommend a pair of Audio Technica ES7s that I got for $60 to carry around outside. more durable and far superior sound.

monster turbine pros are tanks btw. i neglect them, abuse them, step on them, throw em. still working fine but gold color's pretty much come off haha but i cant say the same about the beats. they break with the softest push

Yeah, i almost saw someone break a pair of beats in MoMa when I was visiting N.Y

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 102
Wait...so they thought you were crazy for spending $150 when the other kid spent $300? .....what is this I don't even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back