Klipsch X7i
Dec 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #46 of 71
I'd guess here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx?path=2fa5cb823051c1bc0289be5f378ec163en02

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #48 of 71
Hey, I just got a new pair of X7i's and I found the sound a little bit scratchy and blurry. I had the S4i's and I have to admit I love them so I decided to upgrade to the X7i expecting a better sound than the S4i's. My question is the following: Is there a burning-in process that the earphones have to go through before it gives out the best sound? Also, I found that when I'm walking or being active, whenever the flat cord touches something like my coat, a noise goes through the earbuds and covers up the music I'm listening to. Like the other guy said, it annoys me to death, like seriously. I don't know if you are having this problem too, but try walking around and being active and maybe you'll hear what I hear. Maybe it's just like that, or did I purchased a defective product? I had the S4i (II) also and the flat cord does the same noise when walking around. I am in Canada by the way, if it could help. 
Thanks in advance! Hope you can help me with my questions. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #49 of 71
Quote:

Flat cables will always be more prone to cable noise than round cables; however, I am surprised that you "a lot of noise." That has not been my experience and I use these most of the time.

Hey, I just got a new pair of X7i's and I found the sound a little bit scratchy and blurry. I had the S4i's and I have to admit I love them so I decided to upgrade to the X7i expecting a better sound than the S4i's. My question is the following: Is there a burning-in process that the earphones have to go through before it gives out the best sound? Also, I found that when I'm walking or being active, whenever the flat cord touches something like my coat, a noise goes through the earbuds and covers up the music I'm listening to. Like the other guy said, it annoys me to death, like seriously. I don't know if you are having this problem too, but try walking around and being active and maybe you'll hear what I hear. Maybe it's just like that, or did I purchased a defective product? I had the S4i (II) also and the flat cord does the same noise when walking around. I am in Canada by the way, if it could help. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #50 of 71
I just got mine a few days ago and love these.  I have the S4A's and these are better for sure...nice balance on the X7i's.

I was skeptical at first but for $99 like the others pulled the trigger and was very pleased.  I'm not sure if burn-in will make more improvements but out of the box, I was sold.  I use comply tips though.  Silicon doesn't agree with me for some reason.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #51 of 71
Yeah I did get them at the Future Shop up here in Canada.  They are still on for that price by the way, they keep extending the sale.  Strangely enough I paid $20 more for my S4's at the same store but with the $200 off that made the x7's a great deal.

If these don't sound noticeably better than the S4 then there is something wrong and it's not that they need to be broken in.  You probably don't have the right size tips.  Use the same tips on both and you will see.  As I mentioned, I took the medium tips from my S4's and use those and there's nothing that comes in the box with the X7's that are as good.

It's been a couple weeks since I've had these and they have burned in nicely.  Maybe 30 hours or so on them which is a good amount of time, but I expect that the next 30 will show a slight improvement.

I've been paying attention to the cable noise and what I did find is that if you put your player in your shirt pocket instead of your pants pocket when you're on the move the thing doesn't move around much and it actually is pretty good. 

I've never spent more than $350 on headphones so I really have no idea how good some of the high end stuff is but these buds are the best set I've ever had the pleasure of listening to and I love them.  

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #52 of 71
Quote:

You may not be using the properly sized tips. Getting the right fit is absolutely vital to good sound. Most headphones do sound better after 50 hours but they should sound great right out  of the box. They definitely shouldn't sound "scratchy or blurry" (unless that refers to cable noise moreso than the sound quality). It could also be your recordings, especially if you pirated music.

The flat cord will produce more cable noise than the round card. It's psychics. Using the included clothing clip should help you a lot with that problem. I took my cord underneath my shirt when working out/being active.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #53 of 71
My friend had a pair of IE3s and I found them to be much nicer than my bose ie2s and my monster nergies, so I bought a pair of these seeing that they were on sale at Futureshop, like many others. It was one of the last 4 available in Edmonton stores. I recently wore them on a 5 hour drive and they're definitely a huge step up from my ie2s, considering they can actually isolate sound. They're extremely comfortable, thanks in part to the lightweight ceramic. There is quite a bit microphonics but like said above, the clip helps with that significantly. 

The mids are really brought out in this IEM and you can push the lows with the right EQ settings though they are very smooth at default, and the highs are clearly defined, although the soundstage could be more developed.

These are my Klipsch headphones and I'm loving the signature they have developed with these headphones. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #54 of 71
I tried ordering from Future Shop, but they do not ship to the USA.  I called to confirm and when customer service (which was very pleasant) confirmed that they do not ship to the US, I purchased from the Klipsch site so that I did not have issues with warranty, which I had heard some complaints when people purchased from Amazon.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #55 of 71
Quote:
I tried ordering from Future Shop, but they do not ship to the USA.  I called to confirm and when customer service (which was very pleasant) confirmed that they do not ship to the US, I purchased from the Klipsch site so that I did not have issues with warranty, which I had heard some complaints when people purchased from Amazon.

The problem arises with Amazon when people purchased from a third party on Amazon instead of "shipped and sold" by Amazon.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #56 of 71
The problem arises with Amazon when people purchased from a third party on Amazon instead of "shipped and sold" by Amazon.

Okay, that saves me from posting the question "How do I differentiate between an Amazon product and a reseller" as it relates to warranty. Alex, I appreciate you clarifying this for me!

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #57 of 71
Quote:
Okay, that saves me from posting the question "How do I differentiate between an Amazon product and a reseller" as it relates to warranty. Alex, I appreciate you clarifying this for me!

No problem, just trying to make consumers aware because this is a common warranty-related issue for us and pretty much every other brand out there.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #59 of 71
I've had my x7i for about a week.  I currently own the thinksound ts02,the apple earpod and the Alessandro ms1i.

Compared to the ts02, the x7i has a more balanced sound.  ts02’s bass provides a good foundation but can be overwhelming at times.  Ts02’s mid and treble are natural but a bit recessed.

The apple earpod is a surprise.  Its sound is not as refined as the x7i and certain details and nuances obvious on the x7i are simply not present.  Vocal also has a slightly hollow quality but otherwise the earpod is very pleasant to listen to and not much is lacking for a basic ear bud that comes with your iPhone 5 ( I paid for mine as an upgrade to the one that came with the iPhone 4S and I think it's worth the money).

i didn't compare the x7i with the ms1i because they are very different devices.  I do find the ms1i's treble more open and natural.  X7i's treble sounds a bit compressed at times.

One thing I do wish, contrary to some others above, is deeper and stronger bass.  For some music, jazz or orchestral, something seems to be missing.  I guess perhaps this is hard to achieve with a single armature driver.  I had the same issue with the phonak pfe (grey filter.  i found the sound with the black filter muffled) which I owned before.  If I remember pfe's sound correctly, x7i actually does quite a bit better than the pfe in the bass but is still a bit weak in quantity, even compared with the apple earpod.

I am not sure if other tips will help.  I got a pretty good seal with the large double flange as long as my head is not tilted up, so perhaps a better fitted tip can improve the bass?

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #60 of 71
Quote:
I've had my x7i for about a week.  I currently own the thinksound ts02,the apple earpod and the Alessandro ms1i.

Compared to the ts02, the x7i has a more balanced sound.  ts02’s bass provides a good foundation but can be overwhelming at times.  Ts02’s mid and treble are natural but a bit recessed.

The apple earpod is a surprise.  Its sound is not as refined as the x7i and certain details and nuances obvious on the x7i are simply not present.  Vocal also has a slightly hollow quality but otherwise the earpod is very pleasant to listen to and not much is lacking for a basic ear bud that comes with your iPhone 5 ( I paid for mine as an upgrade to the one that came with the iPhone 4S and I think it's worth the money).

i didn't compare the x7i with the ms1i because they are very different devices.  I do find the ms1i's treble more open and natural.  X7i's treble sounds a bit compressed at times.

One thing I do wish, contrary to some others above, is deeper and stronger bass.  For some music, jazz or orchestral, something seems to be missing.  I guess perhaps this is hard to achieve with a single armature driver.  I had the same issue with the phonak pfe (grey filter.  i found the sound with the black filter muffled) which I owned before.  If I remember pfe's sound correctly, x7i actually does quite a bit better than the pfe in the bass but is still a bit weak in quantity, even compared with the apple earpod.

I am not sure if other tips will help.  I got a pretty good seal with the large double flange as long as my head is not tilted up, so perhaps a better fitted tip can improve the bass?

If you are looking for more bass, the X10s would probably be right up your alley!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back