Klipsch X7i
Aug 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 71
triportsad.gif
  x7? i dnt knw   Although x10is are sm what pretty decent .   
gs1000.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 71
I haven't tried the M40, but was interested in the X7i, I tested it out against my ER4's and the Westone UM3x, and Aparently I kind of feel the sound is more balanced for Rock than the ER4's, the mids are just nice and ofcourse the sound signate overall is very good.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 71
Quote:
I haven't tried the M40, but was interested in the X7i, I tested it out against my ER4's and the Westone UM3x, and Aparently I kind of feel the sound is more balanced for Rock than the ER4's, the mids are just nice and ofcourse the sound signate overall is very good.

********! x7i is not released yet.... hehe!  nice joke..

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 71
the X7i is released here, atleast? where are you located, you can check them out at the apple store as a store near Indianapolis has a couple, you can also buy it on Amazon for 200,

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image--Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B0093K84DS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347122034&sr=1-2&keywords=Klipsch+Image+X7i

I'm currently using the ER4's and propably have to retire them as I am having a slight cable issue. But overall liking the sound of the X5i's, as its a bit similar, but a little bit improved
gs1000.gif
. I might upgrade the UM3X but will have to save up more cuz that's double the price.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #7 of 71
Quote:
********! x7i is not released yet.... hehe!  nice joke..

We had/have a limited opening stock, so the X7i are not available at every dealer, but they are available at select locations, so stationwagon would definitely be able to have a listen to the X7i.

Stationwagon, please let us know more of your thoughts! We agree that the X7i provide a balanced and accurate sound!

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 71
Quote:
why isnt the white version released yet? any professional reviews yet?

Simply because we received stock of the black Image X7i first and tried to get them out to customers ASAP instead of waiting for the white to come in as well.

There are no "professional" reviews as of right now, but they should be trickling in soon.

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #13 of 71
hi im a student who travels about 4 hours a day and listen to a very wide range of genres and i have come up with a review of the klipsch x7i.  i am by no means an audiophile but i have been stepping up my headphones.

The x7i is a fantastically built iem which is extremely comfortable and durable. the unique ceramic is very nice to the touch and the flat cable is tangle resistant. a very big plus point for me considering  treat my headphones like crap. ive had these for about a week and i can safely say they are the best pair of iems i have owned. i previously had a ue700 which was great but the x7 blows it out of the park. unboxing it there isnt much stuff. a range of tips, an airplane adaptor a clip. warranty registration is simple and brilliant, klipsch warranty is amazing and will always be one of the best. i managed to redeem a free gift as well.

Detail music analysis up next. i used a variety of songs to test em out. afterlife by avenged sevenfold, numb by linkin park, levels by avicii and a kpop song fantastic baby.
musical range is kinda important.

Bass- The bass in klipsch is fantastic as normal. HOWEVER, for the best experience you need to get the perfect fit. i settled for the double flanged tips provided for the best seal but im gonna buy a pair of foamies soon. the isolation is good but it kinda hurts my ear. with the right fit, bass doesnt leak out and is very impactful. it immerses your head fully. there could be more thump to it and the sub bass is a little overpowering as klipsch extends its frequency response to 10Hz its very hard to hear it. overall bass is pretty good. in all the songs used bass came out clear though you might tend to neglect it. setting a good eq is important or it might end up lacking. it sounded the best with the trance hit levels.

Mids- The mids surprised me, surprisingly good that is. the music i listen to is kinda bass heavy and detail rich so i wasnt too picky with the mids but i did not want to step down from the brlliant ue 700. it did not underperform with a very clear mmids which sounded bright. clearly as a single BA iem, it cannot deliver fantastic sounds bu tit would suffice. the pop song sounded particularly bright with the mids extremely clear.

Treble- This is where people would either love these or hate these. i loved it. the treble was amazingly clear with every hit of the cymbals discernible and every scream or tempo brilliantly clear. klipsch has managed to deliver great tuning of their BA with fantastic treble even though its tuned only till 19kHz but trust me it would suffice. treble was amazing in all songs but in the metal and rock songs, the treble is greatly appreciated.

Soundstage- this is a letdown but tbh its a single BA i couldnt expect too much. instruments sounded crowded and packed and clarity could be better. for the metal songs this was quite sad as the instruments sounded cramped and was disappointing. narrow soundstage overall.

Pricing/value. at $300 (im from singapore) it is a rather expensive pair of iems but for the sound quality it is worthwhile. the others in the range are ue700,aurvana in ear 3,etymotic hf3,brainwavz b2 and monster turbines. these cost more than most of the competition but the sound blew them out of the crowd.

Verdict: an overall fantastically comfortable iem with a brilliant warranty and terrific sound. good for all genres besides classical. best for trance and rock music. rating out of 10 would be an 8. PLEASE REMEMBER, what u want in an iem. it is more bass attuned than the rest and fits better. but if you want clarity this is not for you. Klipsch has made another bestseller which is better than the S4i and lower than the x10. 

unique, sounds brilliant, a joy to listen to and one for the long haul

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #14 of 71
Thank you for the review, where did you purchase them in Singapore for? are you overall just satisfied with the sound quality? I agree the sound stage does lack, but the Bass isnt as punchier than the X10i, so you technically made a new account just cause you tried the X7i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back