Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 27, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #136 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha 1 Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got my x5's on 11/26/08 like them more than any iem I have ever own.. One small issues thanks to the straight out design hats and ear mufs are a no no my ears are freezing right now.
Other than that much love.

source sony psp-slim...

Hmmmm.....Can't speak to ear muffs, but I don't leave the house without a fedora with a 3-inch brim, and the X5s are a fine fit.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #138 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i JUST ordered the x10 from the klipsch website about 20 minutes ago. after tax and everything, about $188. i hope i made the right choice on these.

Not much downside risk at this price.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #139 of 159
okay now that ive got the olives on the cheapy custom 1's i bought and ive had some time to listen to them i just have to say holy crap!!! a tad lacking in the bass but the uber cheap fiio fixes that and then omg these things are really pretty good. yes they are lacking in definition and other stuff but overall the sound signature on them is awesome for £18. it is to say the least making me very interested in other klipish earphones, does anyone have the custom 1's and any others to compare them directly (particularly the custom 3's)?

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #140 of 159
damn, i still cant decide after reading so much on the imagex10 and custom3.

and anyone just tell me the bottomline on which to get.

is it custom3 for SQ and imagex10 for comfort ?

which is more value for money. thanks

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #141 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by lihao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn, i still cant decide after reading so much on the imagex10 and custom3.

and anyone just tell me the bottomline on which to get.

is it custom3 for SQ and imagex10 for comfort ?

which is more value for money. thanks

X10 for comfort, size, warm sound signature, and crisp, comfortably present bass, slightly recessed mids (not a big deal)

Custom 3 for dual drivers, clean & analytical sound signature throughout, probably less recessed mids, possible problems with attaining a good seal (though unlikely)

Neither is necessarily "better" in sound quality, just different. They both sound excellent, but they deliver different experiences. I will say that my X10 is very non-fatiguing. I can listen to them for hours at a time no problem. I've even taken to watching some of my movies on my Sansa View with the X10 because the sound is so clear and spacious compared to other headphones I've used on the View before.

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #142 of 159
Thanks for all the comments WRT the X-10 & X-5, it was very helpful. I'm leaning towards the X-5 now, to be driven by a Cowan D2. With the EQ capabilities of the D2 the X-5s should be a very good match. Best of all, the Klipsch sale means I'll only be spending a little more than I had originally budgeted, but getting a much better set of 'phones.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #144 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by lihao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess i go with the x10 for the comfort factor. cant risk. both earphones bass about the same?

no, the bass is completely different.

The x10 offer best-in-class bass. It's strong, deep, and controlled. They're not the flabby bass of the super.fi 5 eb.

If you like bass, prefer low end, or are impressed with warm sounding 'phones, get the x10.

As far as comfort, I'v been wearing mine for hours and I can't even feel them.

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #145 of 159
actualyl i like custom3 cause looks nicer. hahaha. but since it doesnt giev ppl a gd fit sometimes. i guess i dont wanna risk it. im from singapore and i ask ppl to buy it for me. so cant risk as return or exchagne would be hard.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #148 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The offer was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on the X-5's just before the sale ended. I've received an order acknowledgment, but nothing on a shipping date yet.

I had to request my tracking number through Klipsch customer support. Just FYI.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #149 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The offer was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on the X-5's just before the sale ended. I've received an order acknowledgment, but nothing on a shipping date yet.

You got a very good deal.
I've been using the X5s for months and they have a wonderful sound and exemplary comfort.
Congratulations on your purchase! And let's hear back from you after you get a chance to try them.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #150 of 159
You won't believe this, but not 15 minutes after I posted that I got an e-mail that I had a package in Receiving. One guess as to what was in it.
ksc75smile.gif

It took a few tries to find the right gels. I've got the large double flange on now, but might switch to the large single flange for regular listening and save the doubles for flying.

My D2 won't be delivered until Thursday or Friday, so all I have as a source right now is an old Sansa e140. Even so, the difference between the X-5's and the stock buds I was using is amazing. I'm grooving to Heart's Mistral Wind as I type this. I can't wait to hear what they sound like with a quality source.
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back