Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 27, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #122 of 159
oo i see..thanks for the response! is there a lot of microphonics? like is it really sensitive? i believe a long time ago, i think i possibly bought a fake pair of creative ep-630's and those were really bad in terms of microphonics.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #124 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oo i see..thanks for the response! is there a lot of microphonics? like is it really sensitive? i believe a long time ago, i think i possibly bought a fake pair of creative ep-630's and those were really bad in terms of microphonics.

Certainly not a deal killer. You have to learn how to handle microphonics. Mine biggest hassle is when I wear a jacket with a zipper, and the cable rubs on it. But the clip works, and I pull the slider up too.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #125 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine arrived today and I wore them home on the subway. I really like them a lot. Very very comfortable and small.

Would be interested in your feedback. They do seal well, if you insert them right.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #127 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried both the X-10 and X-5? How big of a step down is it to the X-5?

step down? do u mean step up? cuz it sounds like ur saying the x5 is better than the x10. im not trying to say ur an idiot or anything, im just checking to see if u made a simple mistake or something.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #128 of 159
Quote:

step down? do u mean step up? cuz it sounds like ur saying the x5 is better than the x10. im not trying to say ur an idiot or anything, im just checking to see if u made a simple mistake or something.

You are not making sense.

The only comparison I've read said that the X10 has deeper bass but the X5 has slightly more detail and high end. Or something to that effect. I've posted this about four times already, but the X5's are excellent.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #129 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are not making sense.

The only comparison I've read said that the X10 has deeper bass but the X5 has slightly more detail and high end. Or something to that effect. I've posted this about four times already, but the X5's are excellent.

oh heh, sorry, i wasnt trying to offend anyone, just trying to make things clear for myself..

Klipsch Image: In-Ear Headphones, Noise Reduction Headphones

if u go to that site, and scroll down, youll see a FAQ, and it will answer the difference between x5 and x10 i hope this helps.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #130 of 159
Quote:

oh heh, sorry, i wasnt trying to offend anyone, just trying to make things clear for myself..

Klipsch Image: In-Ear Headphones, Noise Reduction Headphones

if u go to that site, and scroll down, youll see a FAQ, and it will answer the difference between x5 and x10 i hope this helps.

Haha if you read more carefully, it states that the X10 is the flagship. X5 is probably great too but I can't imagine Klipsch making it better than the X10. It doesn't make sense marketing wise making the 250 dollar headphone better than the 350 headphone. Not that I'm saying certain people can't enjoy the X5 more, just that Klipsch put more research and technology in the X10.

Cancel what I said before in the thread. These things have a lot of bass. I was using the tips that came on the X10 first and it didn't seem that bassy but now that I have put on these double flanged tips, they are pretty monsterous. Great for hip hop but maybe a tad bit too much in other places. Back to the mediums I go then. =)

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #131 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine biggest hassle is when I wear a jacket with a zipper, and the cable rubs on it.

My problem is my shirt collar. I run my headphones underneath my shirt. Other than footsteps, I've never had a problem with microphonics before.

However, the Klipsch cables stick out just far enough, and hang at the right angle to rub against my collar whenever I turn my head.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #133 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried both the X-10 and X-5? How big of a step down is it to the X-5?

Yes, I have heard both. However, it was for a short amount of time. My comparison is based on about 30 minutes at CanJam in Florida. I tried the X10 first and was duly impressed by their size and comfort, as well as what I perceived to be a "big" sound relative to same. Then I tried the X5 and I simply liked it better. I felt like there was more detail and refinement to the X5, better speed and agility. Frankly, I was surprised. I knew going in that the X10 was the flagship. But during that time I liked the X5 better.

Fast forward to today. Why did I get the X10? Mostly based on the collective assessment that the X10 has a more laid back sound, with more bass. An assessment that is not inconsistent with my own experience at CJ. I was looking specifically for a commuting can that is bassy, warm, and groovy--if not the last word in detail. Thus, I decided on the X10. I find that my UE-10 can be fatiguing, which was the last thing I wanted for a new set of commuter IEMs.

Based on my ride home this evening, I am pleased that I went with the X10. The warmer presentation and surprising bass are nice for rock, without being sloppy, so that classical is also handled fine.

So, to sum up. I'm not sure I would describe the X5 as a step down. To me, it's different. More detailed and quicker, whereas the X10 is warmer and has an overall "sweeter" presentation. If you want that nth degee of detail, I suggest the X5. If you want a groovier, more "fun" sound, I suggest the X10.

Hopefully that helps at least a little.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #134 of 159
just got my x5's on 11/26/08 like them more than any iem I have ever own.. One small issues thanks to the straight out design hats and ear mufs are a no no my ears are freezing right now.
Other than that much love.

source sony psp-slim...

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #135 of 159
I'd agree with pretty much everything The Monkey said. I've had my X5s for about a month now and I love them! I listen to a lot of old Beatles bootlegs and the vocals with the acoustic guitars are just incredible. I mean, every small detail is laid out for you.

However, I needed a little more bass for my Jazz. That analytical detail that I enjoyed so with the X5s just left the things sounding a little cold. So, I put in another call and found the bass, the warmth, that I was missing with the X10s.

You can't go wrong with either pair, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back