Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #106 of 159
I hope mine are here today else I'll have to wait until Monday. It's thanskgiving break here at my school and I'll be leaving....

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #107 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoeboe2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my x10's. Love them. I like the bass and the highs are very nice IMO. Mids are a little bit recessed but not as much as I was lead to believe. The soundstage is much bigger than I thought it would be. Very smooth earphone. The most annoying thing was the way they wrapped it in a plastic package, then a cardboard box, then another plastic box that was in another plastic box that contained the paper box that contained the earphones. At least it was secure right?
wink.gif

If I had the extra money I was thinking about ordering another pair just to give someone the most annoying christmas present ever.

Although I have to admit, all that packaging made the anticipation build like crazy since it took me about 15 minutes to get everything unpacked (carefully).

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #108 of 159
I got mine a few months ago and I hacked most of the packaging open with a pair of meat scissors. Everything up until the last layer of plastic. I guess Klipsch have their own oil refinery, or they don't care much for the environment
normal_smile .gif

The X10's are a very well rounded pair of phones. Bass is incredible considering their size, and still incredible ignoring that. Treble is accurate but can be sibilant from a handful of sources, I don't know why. Some songs are great, others sound like the treble has been smudged with a small smudging stick, but that's about 5% of what I throw at them. Soundstage isn't as expansive as other headphones, but for in-ear phones it's pretty good.

It took me about a week to get the right gels, but they sound fantastic once you do. The -26dB sound isolation is pretty impressive, and it's more than enough for most people.

I've had no cable problems so far after 3 months, but then again I don't rip them out by the cord, I pull them out from the body.

ben.

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #110 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just pulled the trigger on the X5. From everything I've read, the X10 would have too much bass for me.

I look forward to your impressions. I think the X5 has very good bass, but I have not heard the X10.

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #111 of 159
I really don't see the X10 as a thundering monster. I don't think it has got much more bass than even my Alessandro MS1's, which are noted for not being that bassy. It has definitely less bass than my Denon C751k's. I think it has a healthy amount. Maybe my ears aren't audiophile grade yet but that's my humble opinion.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #112 of 159
Glad I launched this thread. Doing my part to keep the sagging economy from sagging too much (at least the headphone-based economy). At these prices, the Klipsch phones are a great value, in my view. And only 4 shopping days left. I was on the fence about the Custom 3s, but for $150, they are fantastic.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #113 of 159
hmm this is one of the few times im glad this offer isnt on in the uk, i really cant afford to buy any more pairs of earphones for a while (though did get pair of custom 1's for £18 on amazon) has made me interested in the custom 3's, for $150 they must be v good value (one you change the sleeves of some shure olives) the klipish gel things are worse than crap

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #115 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoeboe2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't see the X10 as a thundering monster. I don't think it has got much more bass than even my Alessandro MS1's, which are noted for not being that bassy. It has definitely less bass than my Denon C751k's. I think it has a healthy amount. Maybe my ears aren't audiophile grade yet but that's my humble opinion.

How about compared to Etys? Most of my favorite headphones are ones that people complain about being bass light.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #116 of 159
No comparison (I owned ER4Ps with the S cable, and have an AL716 modded). The X10s have much more bass impact, especially unamped, of course. If you are using a good amp, with bass boost, the phones are closer. But the X10s and the Etys are not really the same sound. Not to slight either (I'd sell the 716s if I didn't want to get my Ety fix now and again), but for everyday use, and tight, but more forward bass, it's the X10s. Oh, comfort-wise, also no comparison. At least not to me.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #117 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm this is one of the few times im glad this offer isnt on in the uk, i really cant afford to buy any more pairs of earphones for a while (though did get pair of custom 1's for £18 on amazon) has made me interested in the custom 3's, for $150 they must be v good value (one you change the sleeves of some shure olives) the klipish gel things are worse than crap

Thanks for that tip, pardon the pun. Didn't even think to put the olives on the Custom 3s, and wow, I really like it. The small olives are perfect, very comfy, and I think they have heightened the mid/highs, which seems counter-intuitive, I know. Anyway, I am now a convert. And I like the Klipsch gels on the X10s. So I would not say they are worse than crap. Am gonna stick with them on the X10s, in fact.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #118 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about compared to Etys? Most of my favorite headphones are ones that people complain about being bass light.

Well compared to the ER-6i I used to have, they do have a lot more bass and it extends deeper down. I heard the MS1 was the ER-6i of the full size world but really I don't see it that way. I've never tried an ER-4P/S so I can't comment on that. But the Etymotics are a COMPLETELY different sound. I remember the ER-6i played certain things like piano so well! But for things like hip hop and rock, you need bass to bring out drums and the etymotics didn't do that very well. The X10 is better all around and great at rock and hip hop but not as good at things like piano.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #119 of 159
my x10's came in today! these things are powerhouses! While they do require a little bit to drive them, once they are fully powered they shine. These completely annihilate my (sold) super.fi 5 pro's. I have put about 3 hours on them from my ipod touch 2g and my macbook pro, and I have turned off the EQ on both because I love their sound signature so much. These are, by far, the best sounding headphones or earphones I've ever heard. I even got them for less than I originally paid for the sf5p.

I recommend everyone on the fence buys these now!

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #120 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my x10's came in today! these things are powerhouses! While they do require a little bit to drive them, once they are fully powered they shine. These completely annihilate my (sold) super.fi 5 pro's. I have put about 3 hours on them from my ipod touch 2g and my macbook pro, and I have turned off the EQ on both because I love their sound signature so much. These are, by far, the best sounding headphones or earphones I've ever heard. I even got them for less than I originally paid for the sf5p.

I recommend everyone on the fence buys these now!

hey, i was debating to get the sf5p or x10's, u may have seen my thread maybe, im really close to getting the x10's but i have a few questions,

how are the microphonics on these?
do these stick out when worn? the head seems kinda long in pictures and such.
do the x10's easily fall out?

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back