4:31 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Nov 21, 2008
11:04 PM In transit NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR

8:11 PM Left FedEx origin facility TEXARKANA, AR

5:45 PM Arrived at FedEx location TEXARKANA, AR

4:34 PM Picked up TEXARKANA, AR

4:13 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Nov 24, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #94 of 159
I'm REALLY liking my Custom 3's after I finally got the fit just right. Tight bass, lots of instrument seperation, Pure awesomness.

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #95 of 159
Agree, once they fit right, very nice phones. Apparently, some Head-Fi'ers had fit issues, and sent them back. I really like their signature. Not as much as the X10s, but it's pretty close. And while I never liked the over the ear phones, that memory loop is great, even with glasses.

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #96 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pulled the trigger on the X10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me too, about 2.5 hours ago.

I live 50 minutes from Indianapolis so waiting for these will be excruciating
frown.gif

And more innocent victims fall to tstarn06's evil plan! Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!

And, yes, as I type, I'm (im)patiently waiting for FedEx to deliver my X10s this afternoon.
ksc75smile.gif

EDIT: And they've arrived . . . what? I never said that I didn't agree with the plan. I just wanted someone to think of the children.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #97 of 159
hmm.. been thinking of getting the custom 3.
i currently have the triple.fis right now. i really love their sound but the fit bothers me (as like many others).

anyone care to describe how their sound signatures differ? i like the sparkly highs on the triple.fis so i hope i retain that

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #98 of 159
No sparkly highs with the Custom 3s. They have a warm SQ, very detailed, but not sparkly highs. THe highs on the X10s are more forward. Fit-wise, I am sure they are more comfy than the TF10sm, if they fit. There have been some Head-Fi'ers with fit problems and the Custom 3s too.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #99 of 159
Pulled the trigger on a pair of X-5s. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try them until next Monday as I'm out of the country visiting friends and had them sent to my office.

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #102 of 159
Mine made it home today. Got about 3 hours in tonight with them. Initial thoughts are pretty positive but I'll spend some more time with them and do some comparisons while I'm out of town next week.
popcorn.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #103 of 159
The more i listen the more i dig em, funny the first 5 min i had em i was utterly disgusted.....then the tweaking began.....

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #104 of 159
I just got my x10's. Love them. I like the bass and the highs are very nice IMO. Mids are a little bit recessed but not as much as I was lead to believe. The soundstage is much bigger than I thought it would be. Very smooth earphone. The most annoying thing was the way they wrapped it in a plastic package, then a cardboard box, then another plastic box that was in another plastic box that contained the paper box that contained the earphones. At least it was secure right?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back