Klipsch S4's, Denon C551's, TDK EB900, monster turbine, hje900
May 25, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 20
Update:

Haven't been on head-fi in a long time.

Received the FA Marcus... they sounded okay-ish, but were held together with glue, and fell apart.

They sounded processed, like there's an equalizer hidden in the cable, which gave a nice spatial sound and increased bass, but overall the SQ isn't very good unless you are looking for that specific sound, which seems unlikely to me, but then again the silver bullets are popular and according to the descriptions I've read seem to have a processed, bassy and spatialized sound to them like that as well.

If you want to take the risk and try the FA Marcus, just remember to have a tube of glue ready when the earpieces disassemble themselves.

I also received the FA Una, which on the other hand were of much higher sound quality, and actually match their price.

FA Tau are cheap and sound like $5.

May 25, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #18 of 20
Thank you for your reply!

I think I will stick with my Eterna then. I thinking of buying Sony MDR-XB500 for my computer instead and FiiO E5 for my iPhone/Meizu. I actually found a setting in my Meizu M6 that really boost the bass, so I´m really happy with my Eterna now.

Thank you again kiteki, I know your answer will help more people than just me!

May 25, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #19 of 20
@Kjell

ATH CKS-70 do not compare, they're better, and the bass is very different.

The bass on the CKS-70 (from my brief listening session) seemed powerful and boomy, present, not high quality, but very much "there".

The bass on the FA Marcus is controlled and spatialized, not boomy, so it has one plus on the CKS-70, however it's not raw, present, or high quality at all, either.

It reminded me of an IEM I demo'ed in a shop at an airport, some unknown brand called brooks or brookstone or something, it had that processed spatialied sound too, and looked of similiar low build quality, I don't know how they achieve that sound (I'm sure it's in the FA Silver Bullet as well), and it might sound impressive to some users at first, but as soon as the emphasized and controlled bass has lost it's novelty you realise the rest of the sound spectrum is dull and LQ.

In defense of Fischer Audio the FA Una are pretty good, however.  Good upper mids and very clean and well presented sound.

May 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #20 of 20
     Quote:
Thank you for your reply!

I think I will stick with my Eterna then. I thinking of buying Sony MDR-XB500 for my computer instead and FiiO E5 for my iPhone/Meizu. I actually found a setting in my Meizu M6 that really boost the bass, so I´m really happy with my Eterna now.

Thank you again kiteki, I know your answer will help more people than just me!

You're welcome. =]

and btw I demo'ed the XB700 in a shop and I thought they were really comfy and had pretty good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back