Klipsch S4 VS Head Direct Re0 (Hip-Hop)
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #32 of 42
RE0 is brilliant. Still one of my favourite IEMs ever. If you EQ them a little or add a bassboosting amp you can get enough bass for electronic music. They won't burst your eyeballs with massive waves of thundering bass though. If you feel like you need something warmer/bassier you can always get a pair of Brainwavz M2. They're about $40 (if you look around for the discount coupons available on their Facebook and in their forums) and compliment the RE0 nicely. I use both of them, the RE0 for analytical listening and the M2 for rocking out to dubstep/breakcore/grime/bass heavy music. 

Don't worry about the RE0, you're gonna love them if you give them and your brain some time. :) 

Sep 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #33 of 42

Quote:
RE0 is brilliant. Still one of my favourite IEMs ever. If you EQ them a little or add a bassboosting amp you can get enough bass for electronic music. They won't burst your eyeballs with massive waves of thundering bass though. If you feel like you need something warmer/bassier you can always get a pair of Brainwavz M2. They're about $40 (if you look around for the discount coupons available on their Facebook and in their forums) and compliment the RE0 nicely. I use both of them, the RE0 for analytical listening and the M2 for rocking out to dubstep/breakcore/grime/bass heavy music. 

Don't worry about the RE0, you're gonna love them if you give them and your brain some time. :) 

Thanks, you're right, I can always get another pair some time later. I have over-ear headphones too for that kind of thing, so I shouldn't really be worried. These are going to be for more casual use lol

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #35 of 42
Okay, sorry about reviving this but the RE0s are yet to arrive. Should I cancel it and get the Klipsch S4's? I'm worried about the lack of bass now, especially since I listen to hip hop.

Thanks

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #36 of 42
Brainwavz M2 > Klipsch S4 

same bassy sound but less sibalant.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #38 of 42
But just because a headphone isn't that EASY to come by, doesn't mean you shouldn't be more patient and get a better headphone.  The S4 is highly overrated.  

And what about mp4nation.net is difficult?  $59.50 (cheaper than the s4) and free worldwide shipping.  Get them.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m2-iem-earphones-p-390.html

And if you want a slightly more balanced sound as mentioned before, the M3s are now available too.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m3-iem-earphones-p-444.html

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #39 of 42

Quote:
But just because a headphone isn't that EASY to come by, doesn't mean you shouldn't be more patient and get a better headphone.  The S4 is highly overrated.  

And what about mp4nation.net is difficult?  $59.50 (cheaper than the s4) and free worldwide shipping.  Get them.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m2-iem-earphones-p-390.html

And if you want a slightly more balanced sound as mentioned before, the M3s are now available too.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m3-iem-earphones-p-444.html

Ok, but how do I purchase them in the UK? Do I need paypal?

And how do the M2's compare with the M3's?

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:
Ok, but how do I purchase them in the UK? Do I need paypal?

And how do the M2's compare with the M3's?

Umm...can't you just go through the checkout process and use either Paypal or a credit card?  

M2s are a little more bass oriented, where the M3s are more balanced overall but will still have quite a bit more bass quantity than the RE0 you already ordered.  Both are fantastic headphones for their price points, whereas the S4s are about 30 dollars too much nowadays.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #41 of 42

Quote:
Umm...can't you just go through the checkout process and use either Paypal or a credit card?  

M2s are a little more bass oriented, where the M3s are more balanced overall but will still have quite a bit more bass quantity than the RE0 you already ordered.  Both are fantastic headphones for their price points, whereas the S4s are about 30 dollars too much nowadays.

Oh  yes you're right, that shouldn't be a problem to order then.

Ok, I think I'll go for the M2s because of the fantastic price. I've asked for a cancellation of the RE0s but I may have to return them instead if they arrive. 

Thanks for all the help, I'm such a noob with this kind of thing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back