Klipsch S4 or Shure SE215?
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

romulusremus

Head-Fier
Hi guys! I just want to ask your opinion about these two IEMs. Which is better or more "bang for buck"?
I'm open for any suggestions as long as it fits my under $100 budget. BTW, I will use the IEMs for school,commuting,gym etc.
I'm on a tight budget because I'm just a student and I'm saving up for a Fiio E11 amp. Thanks in advance!

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 10
Owning both, I'd say go with the Shure SE215.

The cable on the Klipsch is pretty thin and delicate. The Shure's have a better fit (over-ear) and have much better isolation than the Klipsch.

Amp wise, I doubt an E11 will help much. I noticed slight improvement with the S4 with my Fiio E6, but no difference with my SE215's.

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Not a fan of s4. Not bad but unremarkable. X10 is way better for a small premium.
se215 is pretty underated imho.
Plus se215 has superior fit, isolation, accessories...a no brainer to me the best choice.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 10
You should also consider the Etymotic line.

MC5, or the HF5. Both can be found for under a 100, and crush those other two choices easily.

Jim

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions! I'm now convinced to buy the Shure SE215. I think it will be a good upgrade from my a-jays two.

@AstroTurf
I always wanted to try the Etymotic line but it's hard to find a store here in the Philippines that sell Etymotics(even Shure and other brands like V-Moda,Westone etc). 

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions! I'm now convinced to buy the Shure SE215. I think it will be a good upgrade from my a-jays two.

@AstroTurf
I always wanted to try the Etymotic line but it's hard to find a store here in the Philippines that sell Etymotics(even Shure and other brands like V-Moda,Westone etc). 

Ah, It's all good.

Just keep an eye for some used ones.

Enjoy your new phones.

Jim

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 10
Hey, ever tried Egghead Audiohub in Robinsons Galleria, if you live in Metro Manila? They sell most brands (even Westone). They don't have UE though.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back