Klipsch Image X10 vs. Sony XBA-2
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

You made a good choice. The XBA-3 is a great iem, and an excellent value.

I think the X10i's are better than the XBA-3, I initially had the X10i, and thought of getting the XBA-3 due to feeling it would be a substantial upgrade over the X10i's, I was wrong it wasnt performing as much as good as the even 2 Driver Westone UM2. It has been more than 2 months since I have owned the XBA-3 and I keep on using the X10i and my UM3X much more than the XBA-3, I would give it a 5.5/10.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
I think the X10i's are better than the XBA-3, I initially had the X10i, and thought of getting the XBA-3 due to feeling it would be a substantial upgrade over the X10i's, I was wrong it wasnt performing as much as good as the even 2 Driver Westone UM2. It has been more than 2 months since I have owned the XBA-3 and I keep on using the X10i and my UM3X much more than the XBA-3, I would give it a 5.5/10.

What exactly do you find lacking? I'm curious

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #18 of 20
Only have X10's and they're incredibly good and natural sounding.

Even though bass is emphasized, it's got as much quality as it has got quantity. Impressive bass, leaves my M-50s and Amperiors in the dust.

Mids are clear and detailed, the highs suffer a bit but nothing catastrophic, they're there and they're clean and detailed, it's just not their strong point. They're warm and punchy, non fatiguing and have a very friendly sound signature.

Their main issue is durability, even though I treat them very (VERY) carefully, the strain relief on the left side started splitting within the year, but I fixed it with a thin thread + crazy glue. Did not affect SQ or comfort.

By the way, in terms of comfort this things are really transparent. I'd recommend them for home, office and travel use, but not for working out or vigorous activities.

As for the Sony's, I haven't tried anything from them beyond the earbuds that came with my pre-historic CD Walkman, so I don't really have an opinion on them.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #20 of 20
Ok just got my XBA-2's, and can now directly compare them.

Bottom line: Klipsch X-10's sound better to my ears. The sound is very natural, I have no better way to describe them. Things sound exactly like you think they should sound, but with a little more bass. Signature is very fun and engaging.

XBA-2s sound good and clear, but are very coloured, from my perspective they have a nasal sound to them, have a definitive midbass boost, highs are weird because sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not.

I'm puzzled by these, as of right now I've not heard them for more than 30 minutes, definetly have to spend more time with them to give you a more precise impression.

About the product: Bundle is ok, they come with a lot of different tips (hybrid and isolating types) and a small carrying case. Build quality feels solid I really like it, noise isolation is top notch, comfort is good and they fit securely. Cable is asymetric, I've found this convenient for IEMs as I usually use them for moving around or exercising, and find this design much more convenient; cable is flat and microphonics are virtually non-existent, good job on the cable Sony!.

Overall I'd say, soundwise, X10 gets the victors. Build quality, microphonics and isolation XBA-2s get the victors.

Got them for $135, I think it was a fair deal for a dual BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back