Klipsch Image S4?
Dec 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #617 of 629
i have the s4 image. its very comfortable. in my ears they do not isolate well enough compared to SE420. the s4 image well. i detect distortion at high levels not heard in the SE420. the SE420 seem a bit heavy handed base-wise in comparison but i prefer them due to overall clarity. get the s4 image to obtain 75% of what the SE420 provide at a much lower cost. worth it in my opinion. i use mine with my PC with a cheap KOSS volume switch.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #620 of 629
I still keep the S4 on the rare occasion that I can't use my Westone 4R. It's fine for getting in touch with your inner basshead, but the sibilance still bothers me. They've been purely relegated to a backup IEM.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #621 of 629
  I still keep the S4 on the rare occasion that I can't use my Westone 4R. It's fine for getting in touch with your inner basshead, but the sibilance still bothers me. They've been purely relegated to a backup IEM.

It's really the eartips that cause the sibilance. Using the biflanges or any other kind of eartip that puts more space between the headphone and the eartip will greatly reduce sibilance. Highs might become a bit less detailed but it sounds a bit warmer that way.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #624 of 629
My trusty OG S4s failed on me a few months ago after over 5 years of service.  One of the channels lost most of its volume (I can still hear some audio at a very low volume, but it is mildly distorted).  Does this sound like something that I can fix (I have some soldering experience with larger electronics) or is it more likely that something else failed that won't be worth attempting a repair/replacement?

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #625 of 629
I'd love to hear this too. I worked on mine for several months, and finally got fed up and sold them. Tips do matter, but not sure any can go as far as S4 needs. If you have some comply foam sitting around, it is worth a try. But I did not like comply nearly as well as Klipsch tips for X11. (It is not a sibilance monster to the extent that S4 is.)

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #626 of 629
  Quote:

Originally Posted by kite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. Im currently unsure what iem i should by im deciding between the S4, the ATH-CKS70 if can get them in Germany somehow ... and the radiopaq Jazz. Can you recommend the S4 for Industrial, ebm and goth rock Music?

I'd recommend the S4 for everything but classical, and even that sounds good. At the very least, it excels at rock and electronica. It may also be the most comfortable IEM on the market.

Judge Buff,
which in ear headphone would you recommend for classical music, then? comfort also important.
Jon

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #627 of 629
OK.. Let's bring this topic up again.
For all the S4i user, who agree that it is the best earphone (around the price range). S4i is discontinued, S4i (II) is discontinued too. 
the replacement R6i, X7i cant match the clarity. X11i which is better is overprice. 

I'm still looking for the replacement which can match the clarity.
Shure 215 - is a no

Audio technica series seems promising.

Any suggestion?

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #629 of 629
I have the klipsch s3, I'm debating on getting the x11i vs the shure 535,
Which is better?

I also currently have Klipsch S3, now looking for an upgrade. From what I've read, the Xiaomi Piston 3 would be a good next step up and any further would essentially be in the pro audio segment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back