Klipsch Image S4?
Jan 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #376 of 629
That is excellent, that the S4's are opening up. How many hours do you have on them now?

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #378 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
about 120+ hours now

Well that's good news.
I initially burned mine in for about 40 hours and have been using them for about 1hr/day for the past month. I still notice the mids to be somewhat veiled like you mentioned earlier. And while female vocals sound good, I sometimes find male vocals and piano passages to be recessed.

I still greatly enjoy all the other aspects of the S4's, particularly the imaging. Now if the mids would just clear up a bit I would be very very happy.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #379 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycle10s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's good news.
I initially burned mine in for about 40 hours and have been using them for about 1hr/day for the past month. I still notice the mids to be somewhat veiled like you mentioned earlier. And while female vocals sound good, I sometimes find male vocals and piano passages to be recessed.

I still greatly enjoy all the other aspects of the S4's, particularly the imaging. Now if the mids would just clear up a bit I would be very very happy.

Just keep burning them in, lol that's all I gotta say.

The S4 reminds me of the SR325i, probably due to the highs being aggressive. I will admit, that because the highs are so aggressive and the bass is really prominent, that could be why the mids may seem slightly recessed.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #380 of 629
Well it sounds like you are hitting the sweet spot. The S4's will continue to burn in up to about 150 hours. Although 125 hours is about the magic time I am glad they are sound good now.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #381 of 629
I think you guys are really being ridiculous, the drivers on these little headphones are so small, they don't benefit at ALL from burn in.

That's so silly, they sounded great out of the box for me, and still sound fine today. To think that the small little driver in this headphone needs to "Break in" wouldn't really make sense..

We're not talking about a 15" subwoofer here guys. If they sound better to you it's probably in your head because it's not logical for the drivers to change physically, at all.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #382 of 629
maybe it doesnt make sense to you but it does happen. they were extremely muddy and the bass was too overpowering for me right out of the box. after around 130 hours or so they were completely different than when they were new.

it made a difference for me and many others here and thats all that matters.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #383 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by FragViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you guys are really being ridiculous, the drivers on these little headphones are so small, they don't benefit at ALL from burn in.

That's so silly, they sounded great out of the box for me, and still sound fine today. To think that the small little driver in this headphone needs to "Break in" wouldn't really make sense..

We're not talking about a 15" subwoofer here guys. If they sound better to you it's probably in your head because it's not logical for the drivers to change physically, at all.

Thanks for that scientific treatise. Either you believe it or you don't, but your view of why burn-in with the S4s, or any phones for that matter, doesn't exist has much validity as believing it does.

Oh, and my S4s have a 15" subwoofer, don't yours? Tough on the neck, but after burn-in, wow!

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #384 of 629
I'm with you man, I frankly do see or rather here the benefit of burn-in.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #385 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you man, I frankly do see or rather here the benefit of burn-in.

+ 1 these burned in sound amazing. Sibilance is significantly reduced and they sound fantastic! Burn in is for real, totally satisfied folks!

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #386 of 629
I burned these in for 80+ hours and I still have a lot of sibilance issues. Besides the sibilance, I quite enjoy these headphones. However, I think I'm going to return my S4's, grab a pair of Ety ER4Ps and call it a day.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #387 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by authority11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I burned these in for 80+ hours and I still have a lot of sibilance issues. Besides the sibilance, I quite enjoy these headphones. However, I think I'm going to return my S4's, grab a pair of Ety ER4Ps and call it a day.

I'm sorry that yours haven't "turned" for you... The only thing I can think of is that maybe you didn't cook them HOT enough. Burn-in must be done at a volume which is louder than you would listen to them, IME.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #388 of 629
Quote:

I returned mine and purchased some Etymotic HF5s. I've been quite happy with 'em.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #389 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by FragViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, tiny things don't change because they are TINY! If you have something that's tiny and it changes, it's all in your head, because it's not logical for tiny things to change!

If you think that tiny things change, you're so silly. Take atoms for instance! People think that they are splitting them, but you can't change them because they're TINY! And those huge explosions can't come from something that tiny, because tiny things don't change, much less explode! That wouldn't really make sense!

"Just keep on thinking, Butch; that's what you're good at..."
Robert Redford (as the Sundance Kid)

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #390 of 629
Quote:

try giving it some more time..dont have anything to lose anyway so if after a couple more days of burn in you dont like it then you can return it knowing you tried all you can to enjoy these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back