Klipsch Image S4?
Oct 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 629

000dom000

New Head-Fier
I just saw the Klipsch Image S4 on Amazon for £59. Is that a good deal? It's the best I've been able to find. I tend to listen to a bit of everything, some rock, drum n bass and a bit of jazz. I had the cx300 II before but the bass was a little too heavy.

I have also considered the Senn CX 550 II and the SoundMAGIC PL-50.

Either way would you recommend the Klipsch Image S4 at that price?

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 629
I own the S4i model, use it with my iPhone. It's the same headphone but the "i" has a mic for making calls. I bought it after months of use of the NuForce NE-7M, I prefer the S4i over the NE-7M. The bass is a little bit touter but above all the Klipsch S4i is probably the most comfortable IEM I've ever used. £59 is a good deal, I paid about £90 for mine...

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 629
I have just ordered them from Amazon, at that price they seem like a pretty good deal, i'll probably post my impressions after i recieve them, hopefully saturday

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 629
I'm curious to learn what you think of them
smile.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 629
Good choice. Hope you enjoy them!

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 629
I agree that they are very nice earphones, especially on the comfort part. Very easy to insert and remove, and they still seal well. Very, very light too, and after burn in, the bass is strong, but not overpowering. Well worth the money IMO.

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 629
Hi, sorry i wasn't able to post my impressions on Saturday, Royal Mail left my order at the depot.. Anyway, i recieved them today, and have put about 3-4 hours on them.

Firstly, comfort is impeccable, and they are very easy to fit, the seal is great. I tested them at the gym earlier and the seal didn't break once during my 30 mins running.

I am still at the burn-in stage, but from what i am hearing they are well worth their price, the bass is great, impactful but not overpowering, the only slight problem i have with them is that the treble is quite weak, and lacks presence and clarity, but more burn in might remedy to it.

So far i would say that for listening to classical/instrumental music they are not the best, but they REALLY shine with metal, rock, hip hop, drum n bass, and most electronica.

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 629
Thanks for the impressions, I'm looking into these cans as well.

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #10 of 629
Quick update- after my post, i sat down to sample more of my music collection with them, and experienced my first "Eargasm", listening to Ratio Shmatio from Infected Mushroom. Towards the end of the track, i couldn't feel i was wearing them anymore, and was just being envelopped by the music. When i listen to my other headphones, they sound superb, but you know that the music is coming from these things an inch or so from your ear, pressing against your head. But this time, with the S4, nothing... just the music surrounding me... Amazing

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #11 of 629
My S4s are the most comfortable IEMs I've tried and arguably the best "all-round" ones on the market. Burn in is necessary for them. Mine got righteous after ~40 hours, but others say ~100.

I use them everyday, but if I intend to get "classical" for any prolonged length of time, I use the PL50s.

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4lx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But this time, with the S4, nothing... just the music surrounding me... Amazing

I get goosebumps occasionally listening to mine when I get "lost in the music" like you described. It's never happened with cans or speakers or other IEMs.

It's not as good as that diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally," but it does fall into the "-gasm" category.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #14 of 629
Hi. Im currently unsure what iem i should by im deciding between the S4, the ATH-CKS70 if can get them in Germany somehow ... and the radiopaq Jazz. Can you recommend the S4 for Industrial, ebm and goth rock Music?

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #15 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. Im currently unsure what iem i should by im deciding between the S4, the ATH-CKS70 if can get them in Germany somehow ... and the radiopaq Jazz. Can you recommend the S4 for Industrial, ebm and goth rock Music?

I'd recommend the S4 for everything but classical, and even that sounds good. At the very least, it excels at rock and electronica. It may also be the most comfortable IEM on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back