Klipsch Image S4 Appreciation Thread
Dec 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 59
I've been using them for a couple of weeks. Absolutely superb sound. I am a bass freak and I appreciate the depth of the low sound-spectrum on these babies.

I just ordered the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro and I'll decide if I will keep them or return them to BestBuy.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMorton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had mine for a month, and I can't seem to take them out of my ears. They are right now, mainly because I'm waiting for my Apartment complex's maintenance people to get here, but once they show up and knock, the headphones are back in.

That being said, I love these headphones... but... I think my wife just purchased the TF10s for me for Christmas. I'll probably end up using both. I couldn't pass up the $99 deal on Amazon this morning, though. Just too good of a deal.

My guess is that the S4 will have a better soundstage than the TF10, however. I've heard that and comfort are the two areas lacking in the UE.

I haven't heard the S4 yet but an expansive soundstage is one of the positive traits of the TF10. You guys are really darn lucky to be getting TF10s at that price. They're some of the better sounding IEMs I've tried. Having said that the S4s sure seems to be 'punching above their weight'. I've been to the order page on countless occasions haha.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been to the order page on countless occasions haha.

Buy... Buy... Buy...
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMorton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy... Buy... Buy...
biggrin.gif

+1 on that! These babies are fantastic, and I'm not even done burning them in yet (guessing about 50 maybe 60 hours so far). They've improved alot since initial listen, and last night I swear it was almost like they weren't even there (these are seriously comfortable IEMs!). Even if they don't improve SQ-wise, I'm satisfied at this point, and from what I can gather on these forums, they will improve...so fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif

Like all products, these aren't perfect, but at the price point-FANTASTIC! If you're on the fence like I was, just go for it. Give 'em a good burn in for an accurate trial run, and prepare to reap the rewards=)

p.s. Only my second post, and really happy to be on here with you all. Happy listening head-fiers, and thanks for the continued support, advice, shared stories/opinions etc. all

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FragViper-
Is that because of their combination of sonic traits? To me, I find them to have very nice bass, combined with properly placed mids, great treble detail, as well as very respectable soundstage. They don't really leave me wanting in any regard, save for perhaps that last iota of smoothness and refinement.

One could certainly do much, much worse for their price. What other phones have you tried for gaming?

Quite a few over ear headphones from Sony before I used these, I really had a thing for buying poop phones. It's so easy for me to detect the enemy with these in my ear, none of the Sony's before this had any sort of comparable sound stage.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #21 of 59
the S4i was the first good phone i got. i never really appreciated how good these phones were until i got the Senn IE7. at first, i was kinda disappointed because i expected so much more from the IE7, but mistook that for how good the S4i actually was.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 59
A long-time S4 fan, relatively speaking, and I started wearing them over the ear the past few days and as someone noted earlier in another thread, it completely eliminates any cable noise. And with my favorite Ety bi-flange tips, they sound excellent when paired with the Sony X, Cowon S9 or Amp3. I never seem to hear a hint of harshness any more, unless, as was pointed out in the other S4 thread, it's on the track and unavoidable. Right now, I am about to do a comparison with a new inexpensive pair of phones I just received (Cyclone PR1). Interested to do an A/B, but both are excellent for the money (the PR1s were only $45 shipped, but apparently are very hard to buy in the U.S. The ebay seller who sold mine no longer has any in stock).

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #23 of 59
I think the S4's make a perfect workout phone too, because of their reasonable isolation, off the chart bang for the buck, and reasonable price (especially for the non mic version)- this makes them not nearly so 'irreplaceable' if something happens to them, unlike the top tier IEM's with 'off their chart prices'.

Just the other night, I did a hard indoor cycling roller workout (which generates copious amounts of sweat), and mightily enjoyed my listening experience with the S4's, and my Sony X tucked in the back pocket of my jersey. Fantastic.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #24 of 59
I noticed Apolo Ohno listening to a pair of S4's before each of his Olympic short track events. Just thought that was kinda cool.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycle10s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed Apolo Ohno listening to a pair of S4's before each of his Olympic short track events. Just thought that was kinda cool.

I'm bummed I missed that. That's really cool, and a great endorsement for this nice phone.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycle10s /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh lol, so that's what he was wearing? Couldn't tell on my small TV... I just noticed that everyone was using an iPod Nano, and most of the athletes were using the stock buds too
k701smile.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #28 of 59
Unfortunately I don't have experience with the FMJ's personally, but I think the S4's perform well above their price, so hopefully you'd notice an improvement in sound signature refinement overall. In looking over the ilounge review of the FMJ's, they claim the clarity is just average for phones in their price range, and I feel the S4's are well above their retail in that aspect. Do some more digging around.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #29 of 59
The S4 (once burned in) is a great earphone, very comfortable, very light, very easy to enjoy.

Klipsch has really hit the sweet spot in tuning these to be fun for a lot of people--and they seem to be selling very well--between the S4 and S4i, Amazon has over 300 reviews posted. It's the 11th most popular item in Headphones. Tellingly, it's the first product over $30.00 listed.
Vocal music sounded great, the bass was lively and thumping. Pop music is perfect for the S4, but I even listened to Bach cantatas and the soprano/countertenor duets were beautiful.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #30 of 59
Hi,

Please forgive me for resurrecting such an old "dead" thread here. But after reading some of the comments (especially the first few in this thread), does anyone recommend the Sony Hybrid tips for use with the S4's? My main goal right now is to mask (or eliminate) the harsh sibilance.

Thanks
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back