Klipsch Image S4 Appreciation Thread
Dec 4, 2009 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
I searched, thinking this would most certainly exist, but nope. So I thought I'd go ahead and get the ball rolling for this wonderful, affordable, new dynamic driver IEM from Klipsch. At only $79.99 for the version without the inline mic, it's a great choice.

I'm using the Sony Hybrid tips on them, and they help improve the treble even over stock gels (to my ears).

So for all new owners who are as thrilled with these as I am, post up!

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 59
oohh..I was looking for a thread like this earlier but I found none

i got it in the mail today and currently burning them in..hoping the bass calms down soon

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oohh..I was looking for a thread like this earlier but I found none

i got it in the mail today and currently burning them in..hoping the bass calms down soon

Cool.. hope they do calm down. They should with some hours, and if you note any sibilance on S's, that should diminish as well. I'm on my second pair, I loaned my first set to a good friend overseas, and she liked them so much she bought them from me. So these need to settle down again now.
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 59
well im hoping once i get some more hours on the s4's it will complete my earphones collection for now. one more analytical and one fun until i get some better ones

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 59
Got me a pair a couple of weeks ago, I really enjoy them.

First pair of IEM's that I've ever been able to accurately game online with.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 59
FragViper-
Is that because of their combination of sonic traits? To me, I find them to have very nice bass, combined with properly placed mids, great treble detail, as well as very respectable soundstage. They don't really leave me wanting in any regard, save for perhaps that last iota of smoothness and refinement.

One could certainly do much, much worse for their price. What other phones have you tried for gaming?

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool.. hope they do calm down. They should with some hours, and if you note any sibilance on S's, that should diminish as well. I'm on my second pair, I loaned my first set to a good friend overseas, and she liked them so much she bought them from me. So these need to settle down again now.
beerchug.gif

Lol!!! Don't flatter me just 'cos you think I'm sending your Shadow back
ph34r.gif

On the subject of the S4's, I have to say they're amazing value for the sound they pump out. Of course they cost more here in the UK, but I got mine at a discount
ksc75smile.gif

I'm amazed at how good some of the cheaper dynamic phones are these days. Who would have ever thought I'd be happy with 2 pairs of single-driver phones totalling under $200??? Especially since I've dabbled in the 'far side', and to be honest, I don't regret selling off my other phones, I'm very happy with what I have right now.

I like the S4 if I'm listening mainly to vocals (so long as I don't encounter any sibilance), and I love the Denons as an all rounder. They both serve their purpose, and they both pair really nicely with the X
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 59
As a new owner of the Image S4i, this is the first IEM I've heard that has the sound more appropriate to a big full-sized headphone. I especially like the clear, tight bass and amazingly clear midrange--the only IEM's that sound better would probably cost serious money like the Sennheiser IE7 or the Shure SE420.

I wonder how this IEM sounds with the Comply Tx-100 ear tips that I have on order....

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 59
Well, I owned the IE7s and don't miss them at all when listening to the S4s. Honest. Never tried the Shure SE-420. But for the price, these phones just are amazing to me. I also have used some high-priced IEMs (W3, IE8 and currently own UM3X) and it is unreal how good these sub-$100 dynamic phones sound. I have another one on the way, the CKS-70, and currently am burning in the Sleek SA1s. So more good listening ahead, but they have to beat the S4 to be retained.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #11 of 59
Klipsch S4/S4i =
  • Great controlled bass (after some initial breakin)
  • Very nice detailed mids
  • Nice clear highs (after a good long burnin to remove sibilance)
  • Average to sloghtly above average soundstage for an IEM
  • SUPER COMFORT!!
  • Very good utilitarian accessories.
I owned a pair of these beauties but have moved on to the ATH CKS70. Thats not to say these are no good. I liked them alot for what they do. Bang for the buck they are a great IEM, nice bass, very nice mids, and nice treble. The problem for me is I REALLY REALLY like soundstage and I am starting to be very susceptable to ear fatigue (due to treble and midrange), the ear fatigue is also more noticeable with IEM's for me. So while I love the detail these offer I just found myself liking the different qualities of the CKS70 more. It also helps that I have a fullsize set of ATH AD900 which have the qualities I love about the S4 with even more detail and the soundstage I love. So I have weaned myself off of these to make room for more full size gear and I will live with the one set of CKS70 IEM's (for now LOL).

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #12 of 59
I've had these headphones for 5 days now, and I just returned a pair of Monster Turbines I'd been comparing them to. These things are amazing! Have been using Sony EX phones for quite some time, and now I know what I've been missing (Hell, even the Turbines showed me that, but these are a step above)! This is my first post here, and the research I did on here led me to my decision and conclusions. I'm an audiophile for sure, but until now I haven't translated that aspect over to headphones (particularly IEM's). So glad I took the plunge on these, they are great as many have stated already. Still in the burn in process, but even if they stayed as they are (prob about 20-25 hours in), I'd be satisfied, especially for the price! Anyways, even though I'm a 'noob' in just about every sense of the word here, cheers to all, thanks for your posts and hence advice, and these Image S4s are fantastic! So happy to be a part of the club
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #13 of 59
codywan824-
Welcome to HF, and congrats on picking up the S4's. Even as a 'seasoned' HF'er, these are impressive I have to say. You sure picked a good phone to make an upgrade with, and one which doesn't squash your wallet!

Enjoy.

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 59
I'm very impressed with my S4's. I especially like how the midrange is presented. Klipsch has gained my respect with making such a great sounding iem for under $100.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #15 of 59
I've had mine for a month, and I can't seem to take them out of my ears. They are right now, mainly because I'm waiting for my Apartment complex's maintenance people to get here, but once they show up and knock, the headphones are back in.

That being said, I love these headphones... but... I think my wife just purchased the TF10s for me for Christmas. I'll probably end up using both. I couldn't pass up the $99 deal on Amazon this morning, though. Just too good of a deal.

My guess is that the S4 will have a better soundstage than the TF10, however. I've heard that and comfort are the two areas lacking in the UE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back