Klipsch HP-3
Apr 28, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #92 of 621
Here as well heritage amp combo and using balanced. Great pair. But meh... Today I discovered that Spotify is crap source. Tidal sounds so much better. Seems that to me a lot of harshness in the high end is due to crap source which spotify is. Proove me wrong.

With tidal these are out of this world, my gosh.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #93 of 621
I can't prove that stuff. The only sources I use are line in fed by single ended output of either DX120, or Cayin N6ii/E01, or any of the other daps that may have a single ended port available to feed it. I use an XLR to 4.4 adapter to plug the headphones into. But like I said above, the phones sound so good driven directly from the DAPs that I rarely use the Heritage or GSX mini for that matter.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #95 of 621
I tired to buy it. They must’ve made a mistake as it threw an error when I went to check out as an item number no longer valid
It seem to be sold out.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #96 of 621
Maybe...I never saw an answer to my question form a few days ago about parts availability. Are earpad replacements from Dekoni or another place available? Is there any aftermarket for these cans at all?

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #97 of 621
Maybe...I never saw an answer to my question form a few days ago about parts availability. Are earpad replacements from Dekoni or another place available? Is there any aftermarket for these cans at all?
I'd prefer the OEM earpad replacements but Klpisch doesn't sell parts unlike other brands.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #99 of 621
May 2, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #104 of 621
A small bump. It keeps growing on me...

What does neutral exactly mean? Amazon reviewer said "Neutral people should stay away."

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #105 of 621
A small bump. It keeps growing on me...

What does neutral exactly mean? Amazon reviewer said "Neutral people should stay away."
From my understanding, 'neutral' sounding headphones used to refer to headphones having a 'flat' frequency response - in the sense that no one frequency is louder or lesser than the rest of the spectrum. This is generally ideal for studio monitoring headphones, but can sound "boring" or "lacks excitement" from a pure listening perspective.

I think this term is overly used to the point that it's meaning has changed from person to person - but I could be wrong about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back