Klipsch HP-3
Apr 22, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #61 of 621
Sounds good. When I buy a new headphone, it must be an all arounder too. I'd like to use it for everything, even for movies/series.
They are perfect for movies. The enhanced low end hits hard with the special effects and the vocal clarity is amazing for dialogue. For music, they are a solid all arounder. They

Apr 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #62 of 621
They are perfect for movies. The enhanced low end hits hard with the special effects and the vocal clarity is amazing for dialogue. For music, they are a solid all arounder. They
Oh well, time to break my promise then... The HP-3 seems to be not really much available here. It's not really well known brand for headphones?
So far only one store here seem to sell them but the reviews about that webstore is not really positive. Found one eBay seller that sells them and in case it's a scammer which I doubt, Buyers Protection.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #63 of 621
Oh well, time to break my promise then... The HP-3 seems to be not really much available here. It's not really well known brand for headphones?
So far only one store here seem to sell them but the reviews about that webstore is not really positive. Found one eBay seller that sells them and in case it's a scammer which I doubt, Buyers Protection.
There are couple places online to get them here in the United States. But they are definitely underrated headphones.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #64 of 621
I wish these were available for a bit under $1K, they’d be a no brainer. I also wish they were a bit more plentiful as there’s be more turnover on eBay and here to get into them at a lower price point. I have no doubt they’re worth their price new but I just don’t have the will to deal with my wife explaining how good they are lol.

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #66 of 621
I wish these were available for a bit under $1K, they’d be a no brainer. I also wish they were a bit more plentiful as there’s be more turnover on eBay and here to get into them at a lower price point. I have no doubt they’re worth their price new but I just don’t have the will to deal with my wife explaining how good they are lol.
I get it and when they do come up for sale, they’re under that $1k price point. My guess is that people that own them are not getting rid of them because they do so many things well.

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #67 of 621
Long time fan of Heresy and La Scalas, having had both, and driven with McIntosh.

I understand they are low impedence, but has anyone driven them balanced, and noticed any benefit? I also understand any aftermarket balanced cable is SPC, so the better wire would also be an improvement (IMHO), but wonder about this ceteris paribus? I already have a balanced amp.

Now to keep my wife from stabbing me in my sleep for going back down the rabbit hole, though I have been FAR deeper over the years.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #68 of 621
Long time fan of Heresy and La Scalas, having had both, and driven with McIntosh.

I understand they are low impedence, but has anyone driven them balanced, and noticed any benefit? I also understand any aftermarket balanced cable is SPC, so the better wire would also be an improvement (IMHO), but wonder about this ceteris paribus? I already have a balanced amp.

Now to keep my wife from stabbing me in my sleep for going back down the rabbit hole, though I have been FAR deeper over the years.
I haven’t but would love to. I actually like the stock cable. It would be nice if Klipsch offered it in a balanced configuration even though the HP-3’s don’t really need it.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #69 of 621
There are couple places online to get them here in the United States. But they are definitely underrated headphones.
Yeah, I had the impression they are very underrated. I'm from Netherlands. Amazon has blocked the shipping outside the US and I would end up paying 21% taxes because of higher than €149. But fortunately found EU eBay seller. I think that would be most safest and better option for me right now as this store here has sketchy ratings of 8,6 9,3 and 9,6 while most of the reviews (actually more than 90% it seems) are not positive.

I just found a review on the HP-3. How are the vocals? According to this review the vocals are a bit more in front, what does that mean exactly?
The reviewer also mentioned sibilance, the "ssss", that worries me a bit to be honest.
It's this review:
https://www.headfonia.com/review-klipsch-hp3/3/

I get it you gotta keep the wife happy but why doesn't she let you get the stuff you like/want? It's not like you're planning to get a very big Klipsch home theater to bother her when she's trying to sleep or concentrating on job at home. It's a headphone.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #70 of 621
I just found a review on the HP-3. How are the vocals? According to this review the vocals are a bit more in front, what does that mean exactly?
The reviewer also mentioned sibilance, the "ssss", that worries me a bit to be honest.
It's this review:
If you can imagine a 3D sound space and the way a band is setup, the vocalist is normally in the front. When the reviewer, is saying the vocals are up front, he's saying that the vocals are pushed more in front of the band or they stand out more than the rest of the music. That could be the way the recording is mixed or it could be the way the headphone is tuned. In this case, I believe he is saying that the HP-3 has increase in the upper midrange causing the vocals to sound more forward.

As far as the sibilance, he stated the treble has a lot of presence. Depending on amp, the treble can be a little bright. I personally like the treble and I'm not getting any sibilance. That is probably because I listen to them on my Liquid Carbon amp, which is warm sounding amp. This feeds into what the reviewer is saying about amp pairings for the HP-3. Another way you can tame the treble with an all copper cable. In the end, the reviewer stated he really enjoyed the headphone for it's musical qualities. I tend to agree with him

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #71 of 621
If you can imagine a 3D sound space and the way a band is setup, the vocalist is normally in the front. When the reviewer, is saying the vocals are up front, he's saying that the vocals are pushed more in front of the band or they stand out more than the rest of the music. That could be the way the recording is mixed or it could be the way the headphone is tuned. In this case, I believe he is saying that the HP-3 has increase in the upper midrange causing the vocals to sound more forward.

As far as the sibilance, he stated the treble has a lot of presence. Depending on amp, the treble can be a little bright. I personally like the treble and I'm not getting any sibilance. That is probably because I listen to them on my Liquid Carbon amp, which is warm sounding amp. This feeds into what the reviewer is saying about amp pairings for the HP-3. Another way you can tame the treble with an all copper cable. In the end, the reviewer stated he really enjoyed the headphone for it's musical qualities. I tend to agree with him
Thank you for the explaination.

Which all copper cable should I get? Preferable 1.2m or 1.4m. I have the Meze 99 cables 3.5mm.

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #72 of 621
Thank you for the explaination.

Which all copper cable should I get? Preferable 1.2m or 1.4m. I have the Meze 99 cables 3.5mm.
There are plenty of aftermarket cable companies. But good and inexpensive one is Forza Audioworks. If the Meze cable works with the HP-3’s and it’s all copper then go with it.

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #73 of 621
Just ordered a pair :) For a new pair, they only seem to be available in ebony right now (in Canada at least). My first choice would be in walnut. Mostly for aesthetic preference. But possibly for sound? Does anyone know: are there any sonic differences between the wood finishes? I would guess it's minimal, if at all. Unless someone with authority/experience comparing the three can say otherwise?

Another question: what metal is the stock cable made of?

Apr 22, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #74 of 621
Yeah, I had the impression they are very underrated. I'm from Netherlands. Amazon has blocked the shipping outside the US and I would end up paying 21% taxes because of higher than €149. But fortunately found EU eBay seller. I think that would be most safest and better option for me right now as this store here has sketchy ratings of 8,6 9,3 and 9,6 while most of the reviews (actually more than 90% it seems) are not positive.

It's this review:

I get it you gotta keep the wife happy but why doesn't she let you get the stuff you like/want? It's not like you're planning to get a very big Klipsch home theater to bother her when she's trying to sleep or concentrating on job at home. It's a headphone.
I’m exaggerating a bit, I just purchased Beyerdynamics T1.2 and an ifi Zen Dac so I’ll wait a bit before I splurge again.

Apr 22, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #75 of 621
I’m exaggerating a bit, I just purchased Beyerdynamics T1.2 and an ifi Zen Dac so I’ll wait a bit before I splurge again.
Exaggerating? Maybe me too haha. I have the Beyerdynamic T5p.2, Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless and Meze 99 Classics. From what I've experienced, any headphone has their own sound signature, even the Amirons sounds different from each other.

There are plenty of aftermarket cable companies. But good and inexpensive one is Forza Audioworks. If the Meze cable works with the HP-3’s and it’s all copper then go with it.
I just remembered I have the OCC 7N copper cable, unused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back