Klipsch HP-3
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #46 of 621
That's too bad, they are great phones and I love them .... but are they worth almost $1400? Not sure. I paid $850 new for mine about 2 months ago. At that price they were a good deal in my opinion. They are going to price themselves out of the game.
Same here, I think they are some of the best all around headphones out at the moment. I bought mine new at the original price and thought they were more than worth it then. Anything less than that is a steal. The HP-3's are very well balanced sounding headphones with a nice bass response. I guess since we already have them, anyone who is considering them will need to decide if the increase in price is worth it.

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #47 of 621
Apr 16, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #49 of 621
Apr 16, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #50 of 621
Thanks guys.

Apr 20, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #53 of 621
I have been looking for some, and can't find them anywhere except Italy - hence why another posted queried if they were discontinued. Might this have something to do with the Klipsch sale, and potential low volume / margin on these phones? Also looking for walnut, but not a total deal breaker.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #55 of 621
I hate this forum and I hate this hobby... The walnut and black looks very nice...and attractive too.

Okay, this one gets on the list too which headphones to get... How are the voices? Recessed or unnatural? And bass? Sibilance presence or piercing treble?

I'm writing on my phone at this moment so excuse my not so well written reply.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #56 of 621
I hate this forum and I hate this hobby... The walnut and black looks very nice...and attractive too.

Okay, this one gets on the list too which headphones to get... How are the voices? Recessed or unnatural? And bass? Sibilance presence or piercing treble?

I'm writing on my phone at this moment so excuse my not so well written reply.
It’s really hard to fault these headphones. The HP-3’s do everything extremely well. They are nicely balanced across the frequency range and they are very musical. The HP-3‘s are also very good all arounders. They sound good with all genres of music. The bass is slightly elevated, but it is tastefully done. Music sounds full-bodied and these are very easy to drive. The HP-3’s are a nice fit in my collection. They don’t try to be the most resolving or transparent headphones. They just delivery music...

Apr 22, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #57 of 621
I’m a huge Klipsch speaker fan, I have KLF-20’s as my main speakers for music and the reviews of these headphones have my drooling. I just bought Beyerdynamics T1.2 headphones and am on the looking for these speakers in oak as they’re dead sexy. I’m a sucker for retro styling so I’m sure I’ll get their DAC/amp as well over time. Btw, I’ve barely gotten into the headphone scene but I’m diving head first in. My wife will kill me but it. Probably be a better death than letting the pandemic get me.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #58 of 621
It’s really hard to fault these headphones. The HP-3’s do everything extremely well. They are nicely balanced across the frequency range and they are very musical. The HP-3‘s are also very good all arounders. They sound good with all genres of music. The bass is slightly elevated, but it is tastefully done. Music sounds full-bodied and these are very easy to drive. The HP-3’s are a nice fit in my collection. They don’t try to be the most resolving or transparent headphones. They just delivery music...
Thank you for your input, appreciate it. How is the treble? Relax or fatiguing? And wearing comfort? I no longer use my Beyerdynamic DT770/880 because of the piercing highs.

I’m a huge Klipsch speaker fan, I have KLF-20’s as my main speakers for music and the reviews of these headphones have my drooling. I just bought Beyerdynamics T1.2 headphones and am on the looking for these speakers in oak as they’re dead sexy. I’m a sucker for retro styling so I’m sure I’ll get their DAC/amp as well over time. Btw, I’ve barely gotten into the headphone scene but I’m diving head first in. My wife will kill me but it. Probably be a better death than letting the pandemic get me.
Me too, the black and walnut looks deadly sexy too. Having the Beyerdynamic T5p.2 and love it. But it's not enough to get many headphones, each got their own sound signature.

Watch out, maybe your wife will put poison in you favorite meal and if she one day is acting very nice, you know it.....

Apr 22, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #59 of 621
Thank you for your input, appreciate it. How is the treble? Relax or fatiguing? And wearing comfort? I no longer use my Beyerdynamic DT770/880 because of the piercing highs.

Me too, the black and walnut looks deadly sexy too. Having the Beyerdynamic T5p.2 and love it. But it's not enough to get many headphones, each got their own sound signature.

Watch out, maybe your wife will put poison in you favorite meal and if she one day is acting very nice, you know it.....
The treble is very detailed, with a lot of clarity and never sounds bright. It blends very well with the rest of the frequency response of the headphone.

Apr 22, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #60 of 621
The treble is very detailed, with a lot of clarity and never sounds bright. It blends very well with the rest of the frequency response of the headphone.
Sounds good. When I buy a new headphone, it must be an all arounder too. I'd like to use it for everything, even for movies/series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back