Kinera Earbud Thread
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #62 of 92
Our Kinera Freya review is now published :)

https://headfonics.com/kinera-freya-review/

1596797093201.png

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #63 of 92
K look forward to your impressions and review!
IMG_20200829_145022.jpg

finally came after a month of wait, just hear it out of the box for half a song not burned in.

the good news for you, the treble sound just fine, im using a bright DAP and it call for no sibilance, hiss or any inconvenience at high range, for my preference it leans to open sounding (thankfully), little bright , and accurate sounding.

the bad news for you, the somewhat bass bleed that give color to mid bass has gone. the mid bass is still there and came in too strong everytime it called, however it gave no warmth nor presence to midrange or vocal so it doesnt make lush sounding vocal like FiiO FH5 (unfortunately it was a good news for me since mid and vocal sounds more clean).

tbh i hate the bass because it was too boomy and only sounded too strong on a very specific area, therefore the transition between bass and vocal are lack in coherence and synergy just like Tin T2 Plus. just by listening it for a quick second you will know that this is a multi driver iem because the lower end and mid feels like it was played by different drivers.

i hope the bass can be fixed after burn in or tips rolling. Its pretty interesting because my impression adds another different assesment for this iem. will try to make a better review after it properly burned in. my initial impression for this iem sound quality is decent for its price, but the unboxing experience, the very beautiful appearance and and all accessory included what actually make this iem worth the price

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #65 of 92
And my review of the Freya (not sure about what version, but I suppose it's the final one)

nice, if you like the black final eartips try to use the transparent one, it reduce the midbass leak.

K look forward to your impressions and review!
after a day worth breaking in, i think you should get away from this. the single BA that responsible for high frequency produce a thin, dry and unrefined sound to compensate its presence getting overwhelmed by dual knowles at mid. tbh it's been quite a while since the last time i heard this kind of high frequency since the trend for modern chifi leaning to bright but smoothened sound. the treble extension is not the trouble, how rough it presented produce an unnatural timbre that most reviewers hate.

its not like i hate it, the lack of synergy and coherence is simply the worst part about this iem

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #70 of 92
I just ordered the BD005 Pro and looking forward to hearing it. It will be my first from Kinera and most likely 2nd iem overall, depending on when my BL03 arrives that is

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #71 of 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back