Kicking off 2016 with a Toronto / GTA meet on Saturday January 30th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #63 of 138
A friend gave me a set of xiaomi earbuds. They sound phenomenal for a $20 pair. It's not the um mentor but I haven't heard anything close to this quality in this price range.

I will bring them along.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #64 of 138

I have some super sexy interconnects to show off! :) A couple will be for sale. Seriously guys, buy some to fund this meet please. I don't want to charge for the event but if just a few get sold, is all covered.

Cardas 99.999% copper 18awg in Teflon and 26awg 99.9999% copper plated in pure silver in Teflon.

XLR will also be done.

I hope people bring some high impedance phones in add my new Bijou is meant to deliver for them.

Just as life would have it I am looking to make a set of rca cables. But since you already have it what's the point of building my own? How much are you looking for? Anything over 3 feet will work for me.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #65 of 138
Depends on the wire. The Cardas is $70, the 4 wire UPOCC is $140 as that wire is very pricey ($2.50/ft, 28 feet used for 3.5 ft cable, $70 just for wire, $30 for connectors, only $40 for the work). They're 1m long cables.

I'll also have Cardas XLRs for $80.

It would have been cheaper but the damn Canadian dollar is so bad that getting materials that are always in USD is that much more expensive. $1.45 CAD to USD. :frowning2:

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #66 of 138
If the best of luck is with me, I will be showing off 4 new additions to my collection!
1 : Secret, amplifier, you will be crying and wanting it. I've spent some time with it and your wallet will cry, you will cry, and I don't think I'll hold on to it for a custom build as the commercial costs are almost $600 more!
2 : Bijou, amplifier, I'm debugging it as one channel isn't working
3 : Secret 2, amplifier, something that has been around for a few years but not popular (for no reason as the design is amazing). Casework and parts are arriving 3 days before meet. I probably won't make it, but I'm trying.
4 : Elleven Acoustica Grado drivers in custom wood cups. I'm super excited to see these but I don't know when they'll arrive. Fingers crossed.

As I said, best case scenario, I'll have these done in time for the meet. :)

As stated above, I'll be selling a few custom cables at this meet to make up for the costs.

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #75 of 138
  New Head-Fi'er here... I'm in. I'll bring my Liquid Carbon and some PM-3s

Awesome - would love to compare the Liquid Carbon's sound to my Centrance HiFi-M8. What DAC do you pair your LC with?

As for address, I'll let Pavel respond with the exact particulars, but I think going off my memory of last year, it was a condo on Beecroft Ave just south of Yonge (1 block west of Yonge / Finch). 

In terms of space, the room was definitely big enough, although we may need more tables (I know last time Pavel hosted, we were a bit tight on tables) depending on numbers. And as usual, everyone should bring power bars / extension cords if they have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back