KG CFA3 headphone amp
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #917 of 1,806

Attachments

• IMG_1258 (1).jpg
    IMG_1258 (1).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #919 of 1,806
I can also vouch for Miroslav, impeccable work. A headamp unit will certainly have more cosmetically pleasing casework, but given that the headamp unit doesn't exist and probably won't anytime soon I'd go custom. Headamp has also had a totl e-stat amp that they officially announced years back that still hasn't come to fruition so I wouldn't wait around, they make great stuff but are historically not quick to do so. Ask me how many years it took to fulfill my bhse order lol.

Mar 31, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #920 of 1,806
Agreed. Headamp is good stuff. Well made, pretty, etc. But wait times are often long and little customability. Misralov is about personal service; custom ultra high end service, and superb products. I think his casing looks very respectable- but I agree that the headamp casing is a notch above; so if this issue is important to the buyer- go with Justin.

Mar 31, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #921 of 1,806
I heard a rumor about a month back about a potential release from Headamp of the CFA3 design as an upgrade/TOTL option over the GSX Mk2 and GSX Mini. Is there any credibility to this rumor and if so when is the potential timing of said release?

I'm currently looking to upgrade my SS chain so looking at Volot, Soloist 3GT, Oor+Hypsos, Holo Bliss (pending 2Q release) and a few more options. I'd be interested in a CFA3 that is not DIY and comes from Headamp. I personally am anti DIY (my preference) when it comes to everything (Pi hats, speakers, amps, etc..) so have a strong preference for products coming from an actual company and willing to pay the markup.
I haven't heard that one but Kerry/Eksonic has plans to release a CFA3 as well - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kerrys-got-a-new-co-eksonic.962153/page-5#post-16850418

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #922 of 1,806
Mar 31, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #923 of 1,806
Miroslav is an artist. KG is … KG :)

This thing sounds with the best headstage and separation I heard till now. My el34 tube amp has pretty much the same approach. Both Miles away from my old gsx mini.

What I love of cfa3 is its tonality balance especially on the mids and the highs . This is where the magic happens imho. Far superior even with my tube rolling sindrome with the el34

This amp can boldly push the tc where no one has gone before

2C0424DA-32A5-444B-9E0A-26A2691A1062.jpeg

Mar 31, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #924 of 1,806

This thing sounds with the best headstage and separation I heard till now. My el34 tube amp has pretty much the same approach. Both Miles away from my old gsx mini.

What I love of cfa3 is its tonality balance especially on the mids and the highs . This is where the magic happens imho. Far superior even with my tube rolling sindrome with the el34

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!!!

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #925 of 1,806
He recently completed a build that is about KGSSHV size.
As in a Birgir KGSSHV? In other words a little smaller than my Birgir Carbon?
If so that may work.......better than an Enleum

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #926 of 1,806
As in a Birgir KGSSHV? In other words a little smaller than my Birgir Carbon?
If so that may work.......better than an Enleum
As in a 3u Dissipante.

Mar 31, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #927 of 1,806

Super happy you're enjoying yourself.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #928 of 1,806
You should really consider balanced cable for your susvaras at least. It's a shame to have a balanced amp and only use half of it for SE duties. Might as well aim for a CFA2.

I can't hear any difference in sound quality between BAL and SE output even though some claim that BAL is superior. The bottom line is, practically, you can get away with using SE output with susvara/he6 on high gain. You would be somewhere around 12 o'clock on the volume knob with a moderate/high sound level.
I can attest to this statement. The amp on high gain with SE outputs or BAL on Low Gain has more than enough power for every headphone on the planet. 8 or so watts at 50 ohms is plenty of power. I found the CFA3 to work best on low gain with BAL headphones. It was the best sound I got from the CFA3.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #929 of 1,806
I heard a rumor about a month back about a potential release from Headamp of the CFA3 design as an upgrade/TOTL option over the GSX Mk2 and GSX Mini. Is there any credibility to this rumor and if so when is the potential timing of said release?

I'm currently looking to upgrade my SS chain so looking at Volot, Soloist 3GT, Oor+Hypsos, Holo Bliss (pending 2Q release) and a few more options. I'd be interested in a CFA3 that is not DIY and comes from Headamp. I personally am anti DIY (my preference) when it comes to everything (Pi hats, speakers, amps, etc..) so have a strong preference for products coming from an actual company and willing to pay the markup.
What is the Holo Bliss? Haven't heard of this amp yet?

Apr 1, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #930 of 1,806
Agreed. Headamp is good stuff. Well made, pretty, etc. But wait times are often long and little customability. Misralov is about personal service; custom ultra high end service, and superb products. I think his casing looks very respectable- but I agree that the headamp casing is a notch above; so if this issue is important to the buyer- go with Justin.

Justin's chassis work is pure sexy, almost worth to get it for the looks alone.

PXL_20210603_172152223.NIGHT (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back