KG CFA3 headphone amp
Dec 12, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #616 of 1,804
Just to clarify regarding setting the gain directly on the boards versus using a switch on the front. I have recommended for those that don't rotate gear that often to have a "gain module" inside. As decur points out, it has 3 settings but could have a 4th setting as well if all three pins are shorted. This will give the lowest gain out of all combinations.

For the ones rotating through gear often it would be a hassle to open/close the cover every time a different headphone/source is used. Hence the high/low switch on the front.

Dec 12, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #617 of 1,804
Just to clarify regarding setting the gain directly on the boards versus using a switch on the front. I have recommended for those that don't rotate gear that often to have a "gain module" inside. As decur points out, it has 3 settings but could have a 4th setting as well if all three pins are shorted. This will give the lowest gain out of all combinations.

For the ones rotating through gear often it would be a hassle to open/close the cover every time a different headphone/source is used. Hence the high/low switch on the front.
beautiful

Dec 12, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #618 of 1,804
Love it. Thanks for not assuming and taking the time to respond. I have read tons about both but have not heard either.

Are you digital only or using a turn table with your two channel set up?
Digital & analog
here is my palmer turntable with dynavector xx2 cart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #619 of 1,804
Digital & analog
here is my palmer turntable with dynavector xx2 cart
I have system envy! Your system sounds and looks amazing... So cool!

My CFA3 is hanging out in Cologne, Germany. I hope they get a good listen before sending it on. Maybe they can burn it a bit more while they are holding onto it. :xf_cool:

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #620 of 1,804
I have system envy! Your system sounds and looks amazing... So cool!

My CFA3 is hanging out in Cologne, Germany. I hope they get a good listen before sending it on. Maybe they can burn it a bit more while they are holding onto it. :xf_cool:
Next fed ex stop is meer,netherlands for a few days,then next stop is dulles,va usa
a bit of a bumpy ride from 0-48 hours break in
my unit is starting to settle down now

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #621 of 1,804
Next fed ex stop is meer,netherlands for a few days,then next stop is dulles,va usa
Can you give more details about the ”bumpy ride” you are referring to?

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #622 of 1,804
refering to the burn in process
going from a little congested,to some fatiguing highs and closed in,as the caps break in
at 50 hours things are settling in very nicely.
the treble has smoothed out,soundstage is opening up nicely,and congestion is gone…
also,my susvara’s headphone is really sounding great now with break in,and are equal to my ab1266 tc in synergy.
this amp is so very transparent,you really can hear good or how bad your upstream equiptment is….

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #624 of 1,804
Also,
during the 1st couple days,the bass impact came,went,then came back again
Thank you for the feedback. I look forward to listening to it all the way through burn in. I love to hear how it changes... Getting pretty excited~ Holidays = Shipping Nightmares.

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #625 of 1,804
Still in Cologne. Miroslav thinks there are work stoppages and protesting at these facilities inhibiting their ability to get products across the pond. Initially expected to receive today, now hoping it comes before the 25th. If I am being honest, it will most likely be after first of the year. Sitting with operational delays now for a week. Fun stuff. My current reference amp will have to do in the meantime. The CFA3 is going to shake some stuff up. Can’t wait!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #626 of 1,804
Still in Cologne. Miroslav thinks there are work stoppages and protesting at these facilities inhibiting their ability to get products across the pond. Initially expected to receive today, now hoping it comes before the 25th. If I am being honest, it will most likely be after first of the year. Sitting with operational delays now for a week. Fun stuff. My current reference amp will have to do in the meantime. The CFA3 is going to shake some stuff up. Can’t wait!
yes,
my cfa3 sat in the cologne fed ex facility for 7 days due to "operational delays" then transferred to meer,netherlands facility for 4 days
trust me,
it will be worth the waits cannot see how anyone could not love this amp.
it really is an incredible bargain, compared to most commercial amps I've heard...
what source are you planning on using with it?

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #628 of 1,804
yes,
my cfa3 sat in the cologne fed ex facility for 7 days due to "operational delays" then transferred to meer,netherlands facility for 4 days
trust me,
it will be worth the waits cannot see how anyone could not love this amp.
it really is an incredible bargain, compared to most commercial amps I've heard...
what source are you planning on using with it?
Oh, I am not worried. It will come when it comes. I agree it will be fantastic.

My source will be Roon Labs, a USBe Perfect from Core Technologies into a Denafrips Pontus II. I love this DAC.

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #629 of 1,804
Let's hope delivery picks up. I just placed an order from Jonkoping, Sweden and it's moving to the states without delay.

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #630 of 1,804
Let's hope delivery picks up. I just placed an order from Jonkoping, Sweden and it's moving to the states without delay.
I guess I don’t have your shipping karma!!! :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back