Keyboards?
May 17, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #91 of 235
I'm still running my old Wireless Desktop Elite. I like the features and the pleather handrest is nice but it's so noisy. Any chance there'll be a full-sized Apple wireless keyboard within the year?

May 19, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #92 of 235
Thanks to those, especially leftnose, in the Unicomp recommendations. Ordering a SpaceSaver (instead of Customizer - same internals - because of size). Matias folding keyboard going back. If you say you're going to use it for a Mac, they even send you extra keys to replace the Windows one.
wink.gif

May 19, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #93 of 235
Just picked up a apple aluminum keyboard(after I fried my g15, god I loved that keyboard), but I have to say this thing is a blast to type on. It feels really solid and has decent key spacing for such a small footprint, and is pretty dang quiet. I do have some issues with it though. I can't seem to get the function keys to work right, and the absence of a print screen key is rather annoying, but over all I'm pretty pleased with it.

May 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #94 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spilled things in it before, and used it a ton, and the only casualty is that the 5 on the num pad doesn't work that well... it doesn't 'click' anymore, so it's kinda weird to use.

Give Unicomp a call. They should be able to sell you a replacement key switch.

Online Store Home Page

May 19, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #95 of 235
I looked at Unicomp's selection and most of them are out of my price range, but I noticed the Value Plus and SK-720C models were significantly cheaper. Does anyone have experience with those, and are they worth buying over similarly-priced membrane keyboards in stores? Other models I'm considering are the Saitek Eclipse II and Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, if that makes a difference (and I know that these are very different keyboards).
wink.gif

May 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #97 of 235
Ah, the IBM keyboards. Sigh. I like switching boards between work and home, and I'm constantly searching for keyboard nirvana, considering that I loathe using a mouse and love All Things vim, for instance.

I'm currently using a Matias USB 2.0 at work, and sometimes I use a MS comfort curve. At home I currently have the original Apple BT board but I don't really like it -- it's just the best BT board I've found so far. I also don't particularly like typing on my MBP keyboard, though I really like (and miss) the Kensington SlimType board.

My favorite laptop board is definitely the Thinkpads without the touchpoint. Favorite desktop board to date ... gotta go with the IBMs but partially because nostalgia. Not really willing to pay more than ~$40 for a board these days, so I am currently looking to get another SlimType.

May 23, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #101 of 235
As I mentioned earlier I ordered a Unicomp SpaceSaver (over Customizer because of size) recently. It arrived today. After a 30 second disappointment at the plastic-ness of everything, and a little getting used to a non-ergonomic keyboard again, I have to say I've been in love the rest of the day. It's so nice to type on typewriter-like keys again. It's not the IBM Selectric-like feel, but it's the closest I've felt in a while (even more than the more expensive Matias Tactile Pro). Anyway, thanks again everyone.

May 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #102 of 235
glad you like it blessingx.

When you get accustomed to it, you will find that you do not have to depress the keys all the way to register a letter. The keyboard is designed this way and it lets you type better and is better for your fingers.

May 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #104 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just played around with the Das Keyboard, and I must say that I fell in love with it. I'm just waiting until I can/will justify the price.

Heh, me too. I just decided that if I somehow manage to get an extra 100 euros this summer from working I will buy this babe.
biggrin.gif

ETA: Hey, there's a Mark III coming! Just found out when I was checking the price at getDigital.de.

defrag it - metadot corporation's blog: Pre-announcing Das Keyboard III

Users who are viewing this thread

Back