Keyboards?
Mar 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 235

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
Was wondering what type of keyboards everyone here has...i've been thinking about getting this:

Logitech-diNovo-Edge.jpg

so what keyboard do you have?

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 235
1993 Vintage Model M IBM keyboard with detachable RJ47 to PS/2 connector, in spanish, when civilization ends, there will be cockroaches, Atari 2600 ET cartriges, and IBM model M keyboards,

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 235
ZepFloyd,

ive had that keyboard for a few months to go along with my music-center/media-pc. i love mine but i wouldnt use it on a primary computer, it has a few issues that would make it difficult to use as your only KB, like the size of the touch pad ia really really tiny, but the scrolling mechanics more than make up for the size
smily_headphones1.gif

(sorry if there are some typos, im writing this out on my blackjack)

Mar 11, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 235
I use the Logitech Wave. I have the cordless version that comes with a mouse but I think they also have a wired version that is just the keyboard only.

41F0XKX8YSL._SS400_.jpg

It has a somewhat unconventional design which makes it very comfortable to use. The wireless range is really good and the keys are quiet but provide a nice firm feeling under your fingers when pressed. It also has a lot of programmable keys but I haven't really used them yet. They are also geared more towards Vista.

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 235
Saitek Eclipse II. Just plug and play, and it's wired, so no random deaths of a battery while you're typing/playing a game.
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saitek Eclipse II. Just plug and play, and it's wired, so no random deaths of a battery while you're typing/playing a game.
cool.gif

the logitec edge's battery lasts for ages, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing, i've only had to charge mine twice, but the time between charges can take so long, that you could forget to charge it, and have it die at a crucial moment

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 235
the razer lycosa, an old school black ibm ps2 one, and a wireless one for my media server.

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 235
I had a Matias Half-Keyboard. Tempted by their 508 Keyboard (for speed not disability). Ordering their Folding Keyboard tomorrow for laptop use (dislike Apples).

hkb_375.jpg

FK205_FoldAngle2_4041_Web400.jpg

Mar 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofDoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
G15 Gen. 1 w/SirReal Plugin

G15.jpg

Same here, except I just had the foobar2k plugin. Looks like I'm going to have to try this sirreal plugin looks nice.

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #12 of 235
I recently replaced my older Apple Pro Keyboard with a new one, since the keys started to stick. I kept a second one (even the Pro Mouse!) after returning my first Power Mac G4 that had a logic board failure. If I were to buy a new one, I would go for the Matias USB 2.0 keyboard in white.

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #13 of 235
Two Matias TactilePros. Great keyboard with clickety-clack mechanical key action. I don't know how the 2.0 compares, according to the Matias stand at MacWorld SF '08, they are redesigning the keyswitch and should have a new version by mid-08.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #14 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here, except I just had the foobar2k plugin. Looks like I'm going to have to try this sirreal plugin looks nice.

Yep, I use that too.

It's a wonderful keyboard. After 2 1/2 years or so of use the keys are just beginning to wear off on the edges, however the inside looks dirty
frown.gif
I actually like the wearing, I'd only wish it was instant. I think it'd be really cool to have lit blue tagless keys, like a glowing blue Das Keyboard II.

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 235
It's all about the old Dell fullsize keyboard. IMO, Alps keyswitches are better than buckling springs, though both give that great tactile feedback and click. Ten bucks on eBay, and built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back