Keyboards?
Jun 16, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #106 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm liking my new Logitech Ultra X - cheap, laptop type keys in a full size layout.. cheap too. And Quiet! Those Microsoft ones have the noisiest space bar ever.

You will like it until you get a non responsive key... I've had two Ultra-X's that this happened to.

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #107 of 235
Anyone looking for a leather keyboard?

6-16-08-kazuharu_sakura_keyboard_a.jpg

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #111 of 235
Jul 31, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #112 of 235
I used to have a MS "Wireless Comfort 2.0" keyboard (actually, had two of them), but it seemed like after about 8 months, the function keys would fail, and it was a pain in the ass to clean. Much as I hate Apple, I went out and picked up one of their keyboards due to the very small footprint, simplicity, and very short key travel.

I think the USB ports would be more useful had they been facing the rear (just easier to plug things in that way), other than that I quite like it. Granted, it doesn't have 50 extra programmable buttons, but I'm a drafter by trade and used to letter shortcuts, so I just use those in games instead.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #113 of 235
Just out of curiosity, how comfy is that to type on? It looks uncomfortable.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #114 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity, how comfy is that to type on? It looks uncomfortable.

The Apple? Not bad at all. I got tired of ergo keyboards a while back - especially the goofy ones with the peak in the middle and the two sets of keys on each side all screwed around. Keys close together + short keystrokes mean it's great for stuff like drafting and playing games.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #117 of 235
I got mine for 35, and i love it.. i dont know how i lived without the backlight

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #118 of 235
I too have a Saitek eclipse but found it to have the mushiest keystroke of any kb I've used. The backlight is nice but mechanical keyswitch fans will be let down IMHO.. I even paid like $60 for it when it first came out
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #120 of 235
just today i got the Das Keyboard Ultimate...

it is a great keyboard. it truly does click, and it looks great being completely black with the high gloss trim. education discount made it, well, not affordable, but much cheaper than other mechanical spring keyboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back