Keyboards?
Mar 28, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #46 of 235
Just replaced my Logitech G15 with the Saitek Cyborg keyboard. It's easier to read the keys than the G15 and messing around with the colors and stuff is almost as much fun as playing games.
biggrin.gif

The G15 is much easier to program the extra keys, but I like the Cyborg programmable keys themselves better. Easier to use.

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #47 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardwired /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just replaced my Logitech G15 with the Saitek Cyborg keyboard. It's easier to read the keys than the G15 and messing around with the colors and stuff is almost as much fun as playing games.
biggrin.gif

Hmm... I could see lit colors being useful for audio engineers who switch between DAW programs, since they tend to use keyboards with colored keys and shortcuts anyway.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #50 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also using the Microsoft Natural 4000 Keyboard. One big perk of it is how it elevates and tilts your wrists. Almost like you're palming a ball with both hands, very comfortable. I've never gotten wrist strain while using this keyboard.

I've attached a few pictures below (excuse the quality, taken with my camera phone, my DSLR's at home)

+1 I love mine! Took a while to get used to the keys being seperated, but it feels nice now!

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #52 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then my mouse, MX518, is the best on the market IMO. I'd take it over a G5 or any other mouse any day. I really need a keyboard that at least works properly.

Oh my no. The MX and VX series trounce it completely. The VX Revolution is probably the best mouse out there.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #53 of 235
Neither of those mice are the best out there, but then again the best out there means nothing without clarification. Some judge on gaming. Gaming spurs the technology, but it's otherwise useless for me as it usually focuses incorrectly on natural hand movements. I judge on ergonomics, which others may have no use for when repeating firing against the enemy. Others may most appreciate programmable application shortcuts. Maybe it's best if we type a few more words with the best label no?

Best mainstream pointing devices I've seen using my above criteria - Microsoft Laser 6000, Evoluent VerticalMouse and Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball). I own the last two and recommend highly.

vm3_sm.jpg

K64325-17736.jpg

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #54 of 235
I would take the mx518 over those anyday because it is wired. The 518 benchmarks extremely well and it is one of best mice for low sensitivity gaming.

ESR - ESReality MouseScore 2007

I have had nothing but problems with the vx when I got and hate the size of the receiver.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #55 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would take the mx518 over those anyday because it is wired. The 518 benchmarks extremely well and it is one of best mice for low sensitivity gaming.

ESR - ESReality MouseScore 2007

I have had nothing but problems with the vx when I got and hate the size of the receiver.

Yep. QFT. A wireless mouse for FPS gaming makes me cry. The low DPS setting on the MX518 is great for specific games.

There are a few reasons I'd say it is better than the G5. The forward button on the left side of the mouse. I prefer a really light mouse and having extra weights in the G5 is worthless to me. I don't use the high DPS settings that often either so the extra 2000 dps setting isn't for me. Also, the price.

MX518 is just too good unless you need the super high DPS or weight adjustment.

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #56 of 235
I like my G5, it's pretty awesome and you said the price? It's like 10 bucks more than the 518 and has a nicer finish (satin vs gloss). I like how the middle button is raised more than my old MX500 plus I added some weight to it. A mouse that is only an epic failure? The Razer diamondback or whatever it is. I've gone through 3 of them, all of them died, biggest pieces of crap ever. The original one was awesome too, I got tired of paying for the shipping for replacements. I'd rather get the new G5 with 2 thumb buttons than waste more on any Razer product.

The other mouse I use is a Sun Crossbow (type 6) mouse, it's got a pretty high sensitivity, on par with my G5 at the half-way sensitivity mark.

I'm one of those binding whores, I have a binding for practically everything, raise/lower windows, minimize windows, popup menus, shade windows, etc.

People look at me strangely when I say I hate how apple laptops only have 1 mouse button, they reply "use the two finger click" ... doesn't help much when you need the middle mouse button.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #57 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like my G5, it's pretty awesome and you said the price? It's like 10 bucks more than the 518 and has a nicer finish (satin vs gloss). I like how the middle button is raised more than my old MX500 plus I added some weight to it. A mouse that is only an epic failure? The Razer diamondback or whatever it is. I've gone through 3 of them, all of them died, biggest pieces of crap ever. The original one was awesome too, I got tired of paying for the shipping for replacements. I'd rather get the new G5 with 2 thumb buttons than waste more on any Razer product.

Yeah, it's only $10 but why pay for it? Same buttons as the MX518, one more incredibly sensitive DPS setting, and a raised middle button that makes using mouse3 almost not worth it (unless there is some trick to it), and weight adjustmet. I'll take the MX518 and buy some food
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #58 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a few reasons I'd say it is better than the G5. The forward button on the left side of the mouse.

The latest revision has a forward button. The other points I agree with though. If you aren't going to use the extra features, don't buy the G5. Otherwise, it is great.

Isn't this supposed to be a keyboard thread? Bit off topic...

Anyway, I have a Logitech Media Elite, really cheap, great quality, nice to type on, and has all the extra buttons that I would need.

Mice, I have two, a Logitech MX1000 (had this for a couple of years, recently got a replacement, the old one was starting to die on me) and a G5 Rev 2.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #59 of 235
the old g5 didn't have the extra button and that influenced my decision. I have never had a diamond back die but a copper head died on me but still adore the leds and the finish on the mice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back