Keyboard-Fi
Jul 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #1,231 of 2,077
If you are going to swap in vintage black stems, you should either get one with blue or brown switches because it'll be cheaper.  The springs between the blue, brown and red are all the same. 
cool.gif

Looks good so far, are those keycaps from the QFR?  I'm on the GH60 team so I can't wait for the finalized version to arrive so I can have a 60% again!
Actually, on the poker they all cost the same... Will either get browns and swap stems or swap the stems plus springs... I really want something that's like half way in between them, but black springs are nice as well...

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,232 of 2,077
Quote:
Actually, on the poker they all cost the same... Will either get browns and swap stems or swap the stems plus springs... I really want something that's like half way in between them, but black springs are nice as well...

You'd have to find some custom Korean springs, but I agree.  I started with vintage blacks and tried just about everything until I arrived at 'ghetto reds' - I've tried all the tactile switches but I'm definitely a linear guy for sure.

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #1,233 of 2,077
You'd have to find some custom Korean springs, but I agree.  I started with vintage blacks and tried just about everything until I arrived at 'ghetto reds' - I've tried all the tactile switches but I'm definitely a linear guy for sure.
yeah, I think I want something like 67g springs... also, the only tactile switch I like a lot is light gray! :wink:

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #1,234 of 2,077
Quote:
damn, I could trade like 100 clear switches for 100 vintage blacks and I have lube and stuff already here... VERY tempted! But I think I don't have that many clears, especially after just recently trading a dozen for a doubleshot pbt (OMG!) stoner key...

That guy is also accepting blues...you could get a monoprice board to harvest switches and trade him for cheap vintage blacks! I really want a Krytox lubed 62g Ergo Clear ErgoDox, but that's not going to be cheap unfortunately.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,235 of 2,077
That guy is also accepting blues...you could get a monoprice board to harvest switches and trade him for cheap vintage blacks! I really want a Krytox lubed 62g Ergo Clear ErgoDox, but that's not going to be cheap unfortunately.
mwh, I harvested the clears off a $45 G80-8200 I got! :D I had 65 for the MX Black trade, 33 to sell for some price, 12 to buy a stoner cap, and 1 to complete a friends switch tester! :D

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,237 of 2,077
Woooooow....so lucky. I never score deals like those and miss all the Clack sales as well.
Same, I just saw this and was like "OH MAH GAWD! I'VE BEEN WANTING CLEARS!" Turns out clears aren't for me so I sold/traded them all! :D

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,239 of 2,077
You didn't like them even with spring swaps? Have you had a chance to try Topre either?
Haven't been able to try topre, also, I got a switch tester and I love blacks, as well as light gray... :wink: Only 2 I'm interested in now. Thinking a TKL board with the light grays and a 60% with the vintage blacks. :wink:

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,240 of 2,077
I still think I'm not done with my clicky quest, I hear that some of the alps switches have really nice clicky feel like simplified white, and I haven't gotten a chance to see what jailhouse blues feel like but I'd like to try vintage blacks and reds as well.

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #1,242 of 2,077
Quote:

Well, it markets itself as ergonomic and all the reviews I've seen rave about how it "fits right in the hand". Well, no, it's not ergonomic at all and it doesn't fit in the hand.

For example, there is no comfortable place for the ring finger. It lays on the edge right of the right button. That edge is really not comfortable or ergonomic. The finger ends up laying on the right button alongside the middle finger, making right clicks inefficient. 

And then there's the thumb buttons. In order to use them, you need to pulls back your hand so the thumb lines up with the buttons. It makes them unusable.

The scroll wheel does not stand high enough. Since the top of the mouse if angled, it is impossible to push the wheel to the right using your index finger. There simply isn't enough to push against.

I keep changing the position of my hand on the mouse simply because there is no natural position. That thing was designed for looks, not to fit in a hand.

Well it seems like all the YouTube reviews were lying to me.
Thanks will keep that in mind :D

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,244 of 2,077
Clicky switches ended at buckling springs for me.  They just have that perfect feel for tactility, it's not quite the same with ALPS and Cherry's tactile offerings.  They are enjoyable though for sure, but if I'm going to have a Cherry based board I prefer linear.  I think i'd like Topre, that's the one switch I've not tried yet that I have a feeling would be a good match for me.  One day I'll justify getting a Realforce...one day 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back