Keyboard-Fi
May 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1,216 of 2,079
Nooooooo moooore moneh... Spent $30 on a portal keycap set (16 for F row) and 65 on ANOTHER keyboard with 2 sets of PBT, 2 cases, and I'll take the ergo clears off it.

May 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #1,219 of 2,079
What 1/60 set? Didn't trade for the pure... :/

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #1,223 of 2,079
I do believe that greens sound the same as blues, they're just heavier. Y'know, when I tried blacks, I really liked them, they felt a lot better than reds, but I felt quite a bit of scratchiness after being spoiled with my Topre board so I'm looking to try vintage blacks. Those would be heavenly on an ErgoDox 
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,224 of 2,079
Quote:
I do believe that greens sound the same as blues, they're just heavier. Y'know, when I tried blacks, I really liked them, they felt a lot better than reds, but I felt quite a bit of scratchiness after being spoiled with my Topre board so I'm looking to try vintage blacks. Those would be heavenly on an ErgoDox 
biggrin.gif

Blasphemy! D=

Btw I ended getting a Logitech Performance MX. Totally overrated and overpriced. Too large for my hand too.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #1,225 of 2,079
biggrin.gif

How about some krytox treated vintage black stems with blue springs :wink: Now that is heavenly lol

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,226 of 2,079
How about some krytox treated vintage black stems with blue springs :wink: Now that is heavenly lol
damn, I could trade like 100 clear switches for 100 vintage blacks and I have lube and stuff already here... VERY tempted! But I think I don't have that many clears, especially after just recently trading a dozen for a doubleshot pbt (OMG!) stoner key...

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,228 of 2,079
Quote:
Overrated ?
Overpriced - I kinda agree

Well, it markets itself as ergonomic and all the reviews I've seen rave about how it "fits right in the hand". Well, no, it's not ergonomic at all and it doesn't fit in the hand.

For example, there is no comfortable place for the ring finger. It lays on the edge right of the right button. That edge is really not comfortable or ergonomic. The finger ends up laying on the right button alongside the middle finger, making right clicks inefficient. 

And then there's the thumb buttons. In order to use them, you need to pulls back your hand so the thumb lines up with the buttons. It makes them unusable.

The scroll wheel does not stand high enough. Since the top of the mouse if angled, it is impossible to push the wheel to the right using your index finger. There simply isn't enough to push against.

I keep changing the position of my hand on the mouse simply because there is no natural position. That thing was designed for looks, not to fit in a hand.

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,229 of 2,079
So I now have 65 Vintage MX Blacks coming to my house in exchange for 65 MX Clears! Also, Here's my main driver (Ducky DK9087)... I'm really looking at buying a Poker 2 with reds and replacing the red Switches with the vintage blacks! And here's the pics:

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,230 of 2,079
Quote:
So I now have 65 Vintage MX Blacks coming to my house in exchange for 65 MX Clears! Also, Here's my main driver (Ducky DK9087)... I'm really looking at buying a Poker 2 with reds and replacing the red Switches with the vintage blacks! And here's the pics:

If you are going to swap in vintage black stems, you should either get one with blue or brown switches because it'll be cheaper.  The springs between the blue, brown and red are all the same. 
cool.gif
  Looks good so far, are those keycaps from the QFR?  I'm on the GH60 team so I can't wait for the finalized version to arrive so I can have a 60% again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back