Keyboard-Fi
May 2, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #61 of 2,074
Got this baby for my wii:

8227-logitech_wii_keyboard.jpg

May 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #68 of 2,074
Nevermind

May 5, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #69 of 2,074
I just ran the typing speedtest site. Got 94wpm as my highest, with 83wpm being my average over 5 or 6 tries. I know I could type faster if the website would used actual sentences, and if the applet could keep up with the typing. It pauses when switching to the next word list.

Oh, and I don't use the standard touch-typing technique. I use my own personal technique.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #70 of 2,074
I have the logitech illuminated keyboard.  I just recently sold the iMac G5 that I used it with, so the keyboard is just sitting in the closet right now.  Once my post-graduation plans are fleshed out, I'll probably buy another desktop.

May 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #72 of 2,074
I'm using a Filco Majestouch Otaku with MX Cherry browns

And OMG, best $200 I've ever spent on my computer (got a wrist rest too)

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=filco_keyboards,majestouch_104key&pid=fkbn104mnpek

its. . .beautifful . . .

May 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #73 of 2,074
I was considering getting one of these tenkeyless, with blues - what in particular are you enjoying the most? 

Quote:
I'm using a Filco Majestouch Otaku with MX Cherry browns

And OMG, best $200 I've ever spent on my computer (got a wrist rest too)

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=filco_keyboards,majestouch_104key&pid=fkbn104mnpek

its. . .beautifful . . .

May 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #74 of 2,074

Quote:
I was considering getting one of these tenkeyless, with blues - what in particular are you enjoying the most? 

well I went with browns because I'm a gamer.  Blues are a little bit TOO clicky and tactile for me, plus they are so loud.  I think if i were going to go with blues, i would have gotten Das Keyboard though.  And I didnt go with blacks because i wanted SOME tactility.

But the subtle tactility of the browns is really nice, they still have that very uhh. . rewarding? . .  CLICKY CLICKY with each key press but it isnt overly loud.

the fact that every single key just feels perfectly uniform, and jumps right back up to meet my fingertips after being pressed.

I must say, after typing on my filco and then i went back to my logitech g110 and it was like typing in mud.  i will never waste my time on a dome keyboard again.

the keyboard is suprisingly heavy, and VERY sturdy.  it doesnt budge without me having to completely lift it up and reposition it

the texture and shape of the keys is quite nice as well. although the verticle side of the bottom row of keys has a kind of odd. . .dry. .texture to it

the only MILD complaint i have is the LED's for caps lock/num lock/scroll lock are particularly bright for some reason lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back