Keyboard-Fi
Apr 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 2,079
Das Keyboard Ultimate, blue Cherrys.
8396_das_keyboard.jpg

Clocked about 7 million key presses over the year I've had it.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #18 of 2,079
Whoa! Nice to see so many people using mechanical keyboards. But no IBM Model M users out there?

I'm really loving my Model M. The clicky noises and the tactile and aural feedback are just so pleasing.

Leon

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #20 of 2,079
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8396_das_keyboard.jpg

Remember to clean the gloss every 25 minutes.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #21 of 2,079
Just joined. Just got into the audiophile bizz after acquiring an AKG/Grado. That's my mini-introduction.

I have 3 keyboards, actually. I have a 6 year-old Saitek Eclipse (I, not II), Logitech DiNovo (not the Edge), and an Apple wireless mini keyboard. The Saitek has been the most reliable keyboard I've used. I've never had an issue with it. But after 6 years, the tactile response and dirt and grime (as well as the difficulty in cleaning it) between the keys are starting to really get to me. I'll most likely be upgrading to a G15 or Razer Lycosa.

The DiNovo and Apple keyboards are both wireless. I use the DiNovo when I'm not gaming and there's a ton of clutter on my desk, main keyboard for gaming and everything else, and the Apple for when I'm in bed or feel like stirring things up over IM, since it's the easiest to type with.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #22 of 2,079
I use an $8 crappy keyboard that doesn't always work all the time. I'm too cheap to get a nice keyboard but if I do it will be a Unicomp, which is the IBM Model M, just rebadged (Unicomp bought the rights off of IBM).

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #23 of 2,079
I'm using a Cherry G81-1800. I love the response!
Just give it a small tap and it response with a nice tactile feel (though some would probably call it mushy or heavy) and it must weight five or so pounds and could probably be used to defend myself. I like not having to feel like I'm pounding the keys like membrane keyboards.

I think it's great to see all the mechanical keyboard users in general!

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #24 of 2,079
Quote:

Originally Posted by flaming_june /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember to clean the gloss every 25 minutes.

I talk on skype a lot with friends, it gets so much spit on the gloss that I've had to wipe it down every day.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #25 of 2,079
I use a Unicomp Customizer 104at home where I don't worry about noise. This is basically a USB Model M with Windows keys.
pckeyboards_2097_627460

At work I use an MS Comfort Curve 2000 which is really an outstanding keyboard for $20.
s0120101_sc7

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #26 of 2,079
Trusty Logitech G15
biggrin.gif
Been great for the 2 or so years I've had it for. G19 looks nice though. When they came out they were $299, now $179 but I don't think I need it right now. All it is, is a G110 with a LCD screen for $90 more.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #29 of 2,079
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8396_das_keyboard.jpg

Same as mine! But mine is with printed characters. Because a lot of people won't be able to use my pc otherwise =/

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #30 of 2,079
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a Saitek Eclipse II. It was great for the first month, but the keys lost a lot of their elasticity and the flimsy wrist rest annoys me to no end. The back lighting is nice, though.

Of my three "summer upgrades", which were the Eclipse II, Razer DeathAdder, and Grado SR60i, the Eclipse II is by far my least favorite. I find it mediocre at best, probably not worth its $40 price tag at the time. I love the DeathAdder, very comfortable and accurate and I don't think I can live without a pair of thumb buttons anymore. The SR60i, of course, needs no explanation since I wouldn't be posting here without it.

My Saitek Eclipse II has never let me down... Sounds like you got a dodgy one. I have had mine for 2yrs without any faults at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back