Keyboard-Fi
May 31, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #78 of 2,079
one of those completely flat aluminum ones, with the flat chattery keys that only have 1mm of travel distance?  those are beyond crap - never before have I actually had such a bad typing experience that I actively disliked a keyboard

it was my experience on that keyboard that made me actively search out decent keyboards, until I came upon geekhack

Quote:
I finally made a jump to an iMac and it came w/ one of those tiny keyboards. Although I am giving it a try I will most likely get a different one, it is way too small and cramped.

May 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #79 of 2,079
I'm still using an Apple Pro Keyboard on my Win 7 laptop. I figure I should change it with Windows keys, but I might go back to OS X in the future.

May 31, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #80 of 2,079
My 2 year old Logitech G15 is still going well 
tongue_smile.gif
 Don't see any reason to buy a G19. 

May 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #82 of 2,079
May 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #84 of 2,079
May 31, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #87 of 2,079
Cherry is a manufacturer of key switches.  The color corresponds to the color of the "stem" in the keys.  Blues and Browns are similar in terms of their tactile response, travel distance, and pressure required to activate the keys - the blues "click", the browns do not

Quote:
I have a Das Keyboard.

When you guys talk about "Cherry Blues" or "Cherry Browns", what the hell are you talking about?

May 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #89 of 2,079

What he said.  For instance, your Das Keyboard uses MX Blues
Quote:
I have a Das Keyboard.

When you guys talk about "Cherry Blues" or "Cherry Browns", what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Cherry is a manufacturer of key switches.  The color corresponds to the color of the "stem" in the keys.  Blues and Browns are similar in terms of their tactile response, travel distance, and pressure required to activate the keys - the blues "click", the browns do not

May 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #90 of 2,079
+1 for the Unicomp Customizer 104 in black.

I love the click-click-click-click.  I love the retro-ness.  It's great to hear that click and absolutely positively know that the signal was sent.  It's great when I'm typing in long TrueCrypt passwords and don't have any other feedback as to whether I've actually hit a key or not. 

Keyboards are the only piece of computing equipment I can think of that have gotten worse over the years.  Any cheap POS computer you buy today will run circles around a legion of 10 year old PCs and come with a nigh-indestructible optical mouse, but an IBM Model M that has seen continuous service since before I was even born will still be superior to 99% of today's keyboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back