Kenwood KH-K1000
Aug 1, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #91 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Troy, have you received your Kenwood's? Any early impressions?

Thank you so much! (btw, I'm tagging along)

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I have gotten them a week ago. They are warm sounding with some midrange sparkle. I prefer the DX1000 to the Kenwoods though so I am selling them. The Kenwoods are more neutral but the JVCs are more fun sounding with their bottom end. However, the JVCs are slightly darker sounding but not to the Senneheiser extreme.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #92 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious Kees, what color are the earcups? In the pictures it looks like it's halfway between gold and silver, is that how it looks in real life as well?

Yes. I believe this colour is sometimes called "champaign" .

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #93 of 308
Kees,

Bass wise, how does the D2000 fair against the K1000's? I read your review/impressions; I'm curious.

How's the bass quality, quantity, speed and detail, comparing the two headphones?

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #94 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kees,

Bass wise, how does the D2000 fair against the K1000's? I read your review/impressions; I'm curious.

How's the bass quality, quantity, speed and detail, comparing the two headphones?

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

That is an easy question with a short answer: The Kenwood beat the D2000 bass in all departments. Easily, hands down. If you like dub with lots of bass: go Kenwood, they can't be beat. But accoustic bass also sounds really good. More body to it than the D2000.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #95 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is an easy question with a short answer: The Kenwood beat the D2000 bass in all departments. Easily, hands down. If you like dub with lots of bass: go Kenwood, they can't be beat. But accoustic bass also sounds really good. More body to it than the D2000.

Easily, huh? I believe the D2000's bass is damn near perfect, IMO. And I listen to classic rock and jazz, through a SS amp.

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #96 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which of the two (it and the DT990) have more bass slam, extension (go deeper), quantity (midbass), speed/fast transient response (bass, mid, highs specially for very fast music)?
How much is it forward compared with the AD2000s, in %??.
UPDATE: (you say in a previous page that it is more forward, but now you said that it is neutral...???)

The headstage* in this headphone is very big?, how big is it, compared to the DT990s?
*it is bigger than your DX1000?
*see, i don't refer to soundstage but to "out of the head stage"

UPDATE2: Which is darker?. the Denons of the kenwoods and the same but with the DX1000 vs it?
Thank you very much for your answers

The Kenwood beat the DT990 by a long shot imo. The only department the DT990 may be called better than the Kenwoods is "airy highs". I don't like (too) airy and I don't like the tinny highs of the DT990, but that is a matter of taste probably.
I am not familiar with "head stage" or "out of the head stage".
I do think the DX1000 sound more spacious (but the DX1000 are extreme, the Kenwood are by no means inadequate).

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #97 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you don't make this thread private then? (with the help of a moderator or if you have the enough privileges (that i don't known much about...)...), if you don't want to help to "ordinary" see ("") user as me....Ah, i known. your EGO is very big that it prevent you to help a head-fier as me for example.
....What lack of education/politeness is yours

I am sorry it took me so long to answer your questions.
I was because you are on my ignore list, caused by similar posts as the above.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #98 of 308
That is false, he ignored me at purpose without reason.
He answered to others the questions that they do, except me, period.
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your questions were probably overlooked by accident, as Kees isn't known for his ego. Why don't you simply re-post your original inquiries here and see if you get better results?

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #99 of 308
confused.gif
ignored list??? Why...?, what i did to you, since i post my first question here...
Well, i see your last post, i retire that i said then.
Quote:

I am sorry it took me so long to answer your questions.
I was because you are on my ignore list, caused by similar posts as the above.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #100 of 308
When i refer to headstage, i refer to the space and sounds that you perceive out of your head (as when you listen to speakers a few feet/meters away) and in all the angles.
Well, which is faster of the two then?. I need a headphone for music (specially that, that i like most).
I want at least the same PRAT/emotion that i got with my ex speakers [i had some decent Altec Lansing vs3151 (not audiophile quality, but A LOT of FUN and PRAT)] but with headphones; with a decent sized (well, medium sized or better) soundstage and headstage at least, and if it's closed is better.
Why the Kenwoods beat the DT990 for a long margin?. Can you give me a explanation please (What areas?)?. This headphones seem very interesting and possibly better than the Denons, and seem very well constructed.
Quote:

The Kenwood beat the DT990 by a long shot imo. The only department the DT990 may be called better than the Kenwoods is "airy highs". I don't like (too) airy and I don't like the tinny highs of the DT990, but that is a matter of taste probably.
I am not familiar with "head stage" or "out of the head stage".
I do think the DX1000 sound more spacious (but the DX1000 are extreme, the Kenwood are by no means inadequate).

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #101 of 308
Thanks for the great thread, and I'm anxiously awaiting for my K1000 to arrive
biggrin.gif

We all need and appreciate the heads-up on new cans!

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #102 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the great thread, and I'm anxiously awaiting for my K1000 to arrive
biggrin.gif

We all need and appreciate the heads-up on new cans!

atsmile.gif

Thanks.
Good of you to take the plunge!
I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #103 of 308
$380 on ebay now + shipping. Price gone up.

I was thinking about getting these. Not so sure now.

How do they sound with electronica I wonder?

I've been looking at Audio Technica ATH W1000 and these Kenwood headphones.

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #104 of 308
^^

Yeah up $64 in only a month's time. I guess that ebay seller sees the demand has risen.

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #105 of 308
Mine have shipped - hope to get them in 10 days or so. Glad i got them before the price went up
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back