Kenwood KH-K1000
Jul 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #76 of 308
Those Kenwood's seems the perfect closed cans to me.
Glad to read that my ears didn't fool me when I listened to the same D2000.

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #77 of 308
Okay -- I couldn't stand it any longer, and ordered a pair of these to try out.

They sound enticing for the price....

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #79 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT OTHER PHONES CAN I COMPARE THEM TO?
They are in my opinion in the same league as Sennheiser HD650 (single ended), AKG K701, ATH AD2000, Beyer DT880/990, Grodo RS1, AKG K340, PROline750/2500 and D2000.
It is a matter of taste which one you prefer. I personally prefer them to all of the above, with the exception of the HD650.

What do you like more about the HD650 than the KH-K1000?

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #81 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you like more about the HD650 than the KH-K1000?

The HD650 are more refined in the mids and highs. Better detail.
The Kenwood do have a sound signature that is pleasing in a similar manner as the HD650 though. But they have much more punch and are more forward (they rock better) than the Senns (without being in the least fatiguing).
I have to add that my single ended HD650 is RAL recabled and plugged into an Earmax Pro...

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #82 of 308
Kees,

Thanks so much for bringing this headphone to the attention of the Head-Fi community. Most are reticent to spend on an expensive unknown quantity, such as a slightly obscure headphone. As such, they remain obscure until someone like you goes the extra mile to try them, and write your impressions.

This kind of information sharing is one of the things I love most about Head-Fi.

Cheers buddy!

happy_face1.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #83 of 308
Jul 31, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #84 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree totally with Jpelg.

I have decided to get a pair, but Kees, do yours say "Sound Meister Edition"? Is this what all K1000's say?

As in, this is the exact thing:

Kenwood Dynamic type headphone KH-K1000 Sound Meister - eBay (item 150273686240 end time Aug-19-08 19:39:09 PDT)

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes. It says so on the box only, not on the phones itself.
This is the same store I bought them from.
I'll be impatiently waiting for your impressions.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #85 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kees,

Thanks so much for bringing this headphone to the attention of the Head-Fi community. Most are reticent to spend on an expensive unknown quantity, such as a slightly obscure headphone. As such, they remain obscure until someone like you goes the extra mile to try them, and write your impressions.

This kind of information sharing is one of the things I love most about Head-Fi.

Cheers buddy!

happy_face1.gif

Thanks.
My pleasure entirely.
darthsmile.gif
k701smile.gif
jecklinsmile.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #87 of 308
Why you don't make this thread private then? (with the help of a moderator or if you have the enough privileges (that i don't known much about...)...), if you don't want to help to "ordinary" see ("") user as me....Ah, i known. your EGO is very big that it prevent you to help a head-fier as me for example.
....What lack of education/politeness is yours

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #90 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you don't make this thread private then? (with the help of a moderator or if you have the enough privileges (that i don't known much about...)...), if you don't want to help to "ordinary" see ("") user as me....Ah, i known. your EGO is very big that it prevent you to help a head-fier as me for example.
....What lack of education/politeness is yours

Your questions were probably overlooked by accident, as Kees isn't known for his ego. Why don't you simply re-post your original inquiries here and see if you get better results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back