Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,122 of 10,023
I’m using Woo WA33 which has 10 watts of power on tap. This amp makes gh50 very resolving and detail is very good. No issue with bass hurting the resolution.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #3,123 of 10,023
I hope my amp doesn’t kill my GH 50. Lol

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #3,124 of 10,023
my humble review now up for anyone to view-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kennerton-magni-vs-gjallarhorn.24462/reviews#item-review-23900
Presentation1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #3,126 of 10,023
I read Bergamot's and eric65 's posts from 2019 about the Kennerton Jord but does anyone else have any experience or impressions with them? Seems like information on the Jord is rather sparse.
I was looking at the Jord’s for a portable solution but I can’t find much info on it either.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #3,128 of 10,023
The Jord seems to be not attractiv for the Kennerton's Fans who wants higher level Headphones
Kennerton Jord - it was our big mistake. We wanted to make audiophile headphones for outdoor use with the highest possible sound quality, with the most "unbreakable" design and aristocratic appearance. And we did it! But we made one mistake - these headphones were so cheap that their target audience did not pay attention to them. And we didn't earn anything from it. But, nevertheless, every Jord to the last pair was sold out. Mostly, thanks to exhibitions (especially thanks to CanJam exhibitions) - after listening to these headphones, most audiophiles wanted to have them! Perhaps the Kennerton Jord was one of the best "on-ear" closed-back headphones on the market. I am not aware of any other headphones of this form factor with a similar class of sound, no matter how much they cost. But they brought neither profit nor glory... Because they were very cheap for their extremely high class. And that was a big mistake. Unfortunately, wicked marketing very often replaces people's own ears... But we will definitely return to the release of this model later. It sounded amazing! And we must have this "small diamond" in our product range. And we will certainly correct the mistake of low pricing...
P.S. Sorry for my awful English...

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #3,129 of 10,023
I just made two changes (modifications) to my Gjhallarhorn headphones and need to do a completely new review reflecting the change- all I can say for now is wholly sh$t balls - this is the single best headphone I have ever heard in my life (all the can jams included) - Kennerton owner never thought of these small changes to the horn (so he said)- and he is testing now (I think) - if he doesnt take these mods seriously by offering them as standard I can say anyone can do the mod easily to achieve what I hear - this headphone is now at the very pinnacle of perfection - let this picture do some talking
Presentation1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #3,130 of 10,023
I just made two changes (modifications) to my Gjhallarhorn headphones and need to do a completely new review reflecting the change- all I can say for now is wholly sh$t balls - this is the single best headphone I have ever heard in my life (all the can jams included) - Kennerton owner never thought of these small changes to the horn (so he said)- and he is testing now (I think) - if he doesnt take these mods seriously by offering them as standard I can say anyone can do the mod easily to achieve what I hear - this headphone is now at the very pinnacle of perfection - let this picture do some talkingPresentation1.jpg

Very interested in this, good work John.
I wish kennerton did a low profile headband like the Sony MDR Z7/M2 and Z1R, big cups that I can wear in public/office. I might look at a diy on this.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #3,131 of 10,023
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,132 of 10,023
I love that Ghorn goes BAM!!!!!! I wish my 1266 TC did this I guess it dynamic vs planar.

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3,133 of 10,023
i hope that kennerton would mod the inner ciup foam as stock. :smiley:

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #3,134 of 10,023
Just today I have sent a note to Valentin (one of my all time favorite people in the world) to ask that very question.

At LSA we have this headphone which we call LSA HP-2 Ultra and we LOVE IT. Twenty more on the way tomorrow.

I asked Valentin if we can get this done - does he approve and will warranty be in place.

Waiting reply.

Thanks

Mark

Jul 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #3,135 of 10,023
Just today I have sent a note to Valentin (one of my all time favorite people in the world) to ask that very question.

At LSA we have this headphone which we call LSA HP-2 Ultra and we LOVE IT. Twenty more on the way tomorrow.

I asked Valentin if we can get this done - does he approve and will warranty be in place.

Waiting reply.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks Mark! Valentin has been great to talk to as a ordered my Thekk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back