Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 30, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #3,091 of 10,023
The Gjallarhorn vs Atticus with those going toe to toe. I've never heard the Atticus but owned Aeolus and didn't like them they felt congested dark. The Gjallarhorn is very clean and is more to my liking.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,093 of 10,023
I only had the VC for short time.

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,094 of 10,023
The Gjallarhorn has good resolution I can hear a lot of imperfections in music very easily. This I like as it doesn't hide anything. PRAT is excellent. for 900 bucks you cant go wrong with them. Gjallarhorn is one headphone I wont sell. Must remember I'm listening to dance and electronic music. Detail is amazing for $900 Now I'm using them on Woo WA33 tube amp that has 10 watts of power so my experience could differ from others. My amp has high end tubes in it.
The ZMF VC isn't going to have the same bass output but does out it by some. Everything sounds great on VC and VO. You need make decision if you want to spend extra money for that 10 % increase.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #3,095 of 10,023
The ZMF VÉRITÉ closed backs are $2500
they should be better in every way but they aren’t - they are no bargain at that price - but the Ghorns at $1100 are a super deal - and at $900 they are a flat out steal imho

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #3,096 of 10,023
With the money saved you could purchase something else like a nice DAC.

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,098 of 10,023
Jun 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3,100 of 10,023
The ZMF VÉRITÉ closed backs are $2500
they should be better in every way but they aren’t - they are no bargain at that price - but the Ghorns at $1100 are a super deal - and at $900 they are a flat out steal imho
It´s still hugely expensive. Kennerton Magni is cheaper so a better deal? Any reason to have both or are they to similar :)

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #3,101 of 10,023
It´s still hugely expensive. Kennerton Magni is cheaper so a better deal? Any reason to have both or are they to similar :)
I love love love the Magni they satisfy most every need for a closed back- the Gjallarhorn are something different but similar-more fun but not necessarily better- so I would say- either is a great first purchase to experience Kennerton- you certainly don't need both- no one needs two, three or even four headphones- but when you desire something different the Ghorns fit that bill- that is the spice of life- both similar but different. If you already have headphones that are boring you and you want some fun- try the Gjallarhorn instead- either one will satisfy - neither bad - they are quality through and through. No sibilant annoyances from either, no weird humps. Nice full body from both. The Magni's are versatile in most genres of music- female and male vocals, acoustic guitar, blues, jazz, pop, rock, and can do electronic very well. The Gjallarhorn are elevated by expanding the sound-stage through their horn shape- they sound a little more like a lively hall sound- compared to the Magni's which are more like a recording studio. Both give excellent bass, but the Gjallarhorn a little more mid bass and some more sub bass. The Ghorn is euphoric with electronic music- and look a little more elegant with their leather accent with Kennerton logo medallion in the center of each cup. The Magni's have a full realistic sound that satisfies and will not hide poorly recorded music- neither headphone will annoy you or fatigue you. Let's face it- closed backs can sound a little boring- if that's your thought at all then the Ghorn is your logical step to buy. I am in no way saying Magni is boring but rather refined. As I said like comparing a recording studio to a live hall. Hope this helps. I can say once adjusted as stated above with headband bend- the ear cups are very comfortable and because they are leather they can be worn for an entire album or two without feeling need to re-adjust due to sweat or heat. I tried the Dekoni elite hybrids (velour touching skin with lambskin surrounds and internal cups perforated lambskin) with them - they don't sound as good as stock ear pads- the Dekoni due to the memory foam - is too dense and don't compress against the skin like stock pads do- and the perforations inside cup cut dynamics on Dakoni- so again no need for me at least to change from stock - I will go over more in my video review....

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #3,105 of 10,023
How long is the Vali break in period, I assume the sound improves ?
I would think 75-100 hours As well -like the other headphones
I would definitely recommend making sure they fit for best sound
The kennerton band isn’t really all that sealing for the average person
Try bending them in as instructed above
Hope this helps
It did for me - I wasn’t happy until I made that custom change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back