Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 23, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3,061 of 10,023
How long did you wait to receive them?
I talked/emailed with the owner of Kennerton Audio- Valentin Kazanzhi - on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 and purchased same day by paypal - they came in to New York USA on Friday, June 19th! But I only received them from UPS today Tuesday 6-23-2020- UPS is back logged in NY- I was suppose to get them delivered Friday 19th, then that Monday on the 22nd- but UPS only just delivered today. I do not think it is at all normal to ship an item from Russia to USA in such short time- they may have been special delivery- customs took no time at all. Overall I would say 1-2 weeks of normal delivery expected- mine may have been expedited. I hope this helps to set expectations properly.

Right now I am listening a Redbook CD called The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld - on the Gjallarhorn through my PASS Class A amp and the Magni are playing on my OTL amp- as these headphones break in. Again- I will not do a review just yet - but so far I'm happy with both. I plan on doing a video review, unboxing already recorded. Will let you know as things loosen up in few days.

R-2384258-1280895521.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,062 of 10,023
Hi Arcamera,

Do you mind talking to me about the treble on the Vali? I understand that it is quite rolled off. The graph doesn't look too bad, but my concern is lack of detail.

Cheers

Sorry just getting back to this thread. Rolled off-- I don't know technically. Could be. For me though, it still has a striking amount of detail, but not an exaggerated detail. No treble shimmer, so it will definitely sound dark to some, or many. But it's not dull! But again, as much as I'm impressed by the Vali, I don't use it for all my music listening.

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #3,063 of 10,023
Got in touch with the owner and they’ll ship out tomorrow. Excited hope the bass blows me away. I wanted a closed back for a long time. See how they match up to what I got.

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #3,064 of 10,023
Ok after letting the Gjallarhorn and Magni break in playing non stop for a 75hrs+ - I still was unsatisfied with sound - I decided to try something that would transform these headphones into the unbelievable high performers they could be- you see their comfort while on my head was extremely comfortable in stock form (my head is large (62mm)) so I figured they were as they should be but - they were not tight enough I thought- if I press the headphones inward the bass and dynamics would increase tremendously- so I decided to bend the metal band by the left and right indicators on either side evenly- originally I tired bending on top and that made them tighter but look un symmetrical- so I reshaped the top back to original oval and bent it by the side burn area instead - see pictures. Yes it's extreme but like a suit that was off the rack I tailored these headphones like a bespoke custom suit- they now not only fit my head better than stock- but add a transformation to the sound and dynamics that is now addicting- I can't stop listening to the changes this small modification made- and they look completely normal on my head. They are not vice grip tight- they are still the most comfortable headphone I own - even compared to the HD600 with Dekoni custom hybrid velour/lambskin memory foam pads. I bought the same Dekoni ear pads for the Kennertons with velour and sheepskin but they don't sound as good as the stock Kennerton pads- the bend to make them tighter has a metamorphose effect- I absolutely love the way these headphones (both) sound. Full video review being done as we speak. For now I hope this will help those interested in making the most from these lovely addicting headphones- I am smitten.

thwqumbnail.jpg

thumddddbnail.jpg

I took full ownership of my lovely Gjallarhorn by customizing wood stain- and I abosluely love both the way the fit + feel on my head and of course the sound now with mod on headband - transforming bliss

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,065 of 10,023
Ok after letting the Gjallarhorn and Magni break in playing non stop for a 75hrs+ - I still was unsatisfied with sound - I decided to try something that would transform these headphones into the unbelievable high performers they could be- you see their comfort while on my head was extremely comfortable in stock form (my head is large (62mm) so I figured they were as they should be but - they were not tight enough I thought- if I press the headphones inward the bass and dynamics would increase tremendously- so I decided to bend the metal band by the left and right indicators on either side evenly- originally I tired bending on top and that made them tighter but look un symmetrical- so I reshaped the top to back to original oval and bent it by the side burn area instead - see pictures. Yes it's extreme but like a suit that was off the rack I tailored these headphones like a bespoke custom suit- they now not only fit my head better than stock- but add a transformation to the sound and dynamics that is now addicting- I can't stop listening to the changes this small modification made- and they look completely normal on my head. They are not vice grip tight- they are still the most comfortable headphone I own - even compared to the HD600 with Dekoni custom hybrid velour/lambskin memory foam pads. I bought the same Dekoni ear pads for the Kennertons with velour and sheepskin but they don't sound as good as the stock Kennerton pads- the bend to make them tighter has a metamorphose effect- I absolutely love the way these headphones (both) sound. Full video review being done as we speak. For now I hope this will help those interested in making the most from these lovely addicting headphones- I am smitten.

thwqumbnail.jpg

I too just got Gjallarhorn and Magni. I agree pressing them either side makes them sound better. Maybe we have narrow heads :-D

p.s. how come your Gjallarhorn are dark wood?

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #3,066 of 10,023
I too just got Gjallarhorn and Magni. I agree pressing them either side makes them sound better. Maybe we have narrow heads :-D

p.s. how come your Gjallarhorn are dark wood?
I am a wood worker so I customized my color- it took a few days but I love it! You like the color?
thumbn2ail.jpg
thum22bnail.jpg
1l.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #3,070 of 10,023
Yes play non stop music at moderate level while cups face down into a soft surface
It’s not getting used to sound as mentioned
It’s latterly softening up drivers with play time

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #3,072 of 10,023
Ok after letting the Gjallarhorn and Magni break in playing non stop for a 75hrs+ - I still was unsatisfied with sound - I decided to try something that would transform these headphones into the unbelievable high performers they could be- you see their comfort while on my head was extremely comfortable in stock form (my head is large (62mm)) so I figured they were as they should be but - they were not tight enough I thought- if I press the headphones inward the bass and dynamics would increase tremendously- so I decided to bend the metal band by the left and right indicators on either side evenly- originally I tired bending on top and that made them tighter but look un symmetrical- so I reshaped the top back to original oval and bent it by the side burn area instead - see pictures. Yes it's extreme but like a suit that was off the rack I tailored these headphones like a bespoke custom suit- they now not only fit my head better than stock- but add a transformation to the sound and dynamics that is now addicting- I can't stop listening to the changes this small modification made- and they look completely normal on my head. They are not vice grip tight- they are still the most comfortable headphone I own - even compared to the HD600 with Dekoni custom hybrid velour/lambskin memory foam pads. I bought the same Dekoni ear pads for the Kennertons with velour and sheepskin but they don't sound as good as the stock Kennerton pads- the bend to make them tighter has a metamorphose effect- I absolutely love the way these headphones (both) sound. Full video review being done as we speak. For now I hope this will help those interested in making the most from these lovely addicting headphones- I am smitten.

thwqumbnail.jpg

thumddddbnail.jpg
I took full ownership of my lovely Gjallarhorn by customizing wood stain- and I abosluely love both the way the fit + feel on my head and of course the sound now with mod on headband - transforming bliss
So before you bent them you where able to push the ear cups in and found the bass improved? My ghorn are coming tomorrow and wonder how they will be on my head which is round.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,073 of 10,023
So before you bent them you where able to push the ear cups in and found the bass improved? My ghorn are coming tomorrow and wonder how they will be on my head which is round.
I custom fit it to my head
See pic
I like a tight fit but they never feel like a vise or restrain any blood or comfort - like I said after you break yours in see what works best - you can always bend it back with careful attention
Plus there are two ports on each cup which you can play with to modify sound by adding or subtracting bass and sub mid bass - I’m still playing w ports and carpet BUT I would discuss with Val before attempting port play since you may void warranty
I am a tinker-er so I take things apart and put them back - some people don’t have the desire to see how thing work - I do / and I can tell you these headphones are very very high quality inside and out
I love my purchase and have zero regrets -

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,074 of 10,023
I custom fit it to my head
See pic
I like a tight fit but they never feel like a vise or restrain any blood or comfort - like I said after you break yours in see what works best - you can always bend it back with careful attention
Plus there are two ports on each cup which you can play with to modify sound by adding or subtracting bass and sub mid bass - I’m still playing w ports and carpet BUT I would discuss with Val before attempting port play since you may void warranty
I am a tinker-er so I take things apart and put them back - some people don’t have the desire to see how thing work - I do / and I can tell you these headphones are very very high quality inside and out
I love my purchase and have zero regrets -
I looked at the pics and can’t tell you bent them. So well done.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #3,075 of 10,023
See if this image helps to identify the bend I made on each side
3A745306-FBC5-4AA6-877B-5719D11C5093.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back