Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 28, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #7,651 of 10,053
The next thing would be to find an IEM that shares the Rognir's technical precision and musical timbre. Maybe some users have opinions? @Alexzander i think you mentioned the Traillii?
Yep, I own both, so here is the story.
Rognir (bass version non-perf pads) and Traillii share the same low end profile in terms of texture, presentation, quality and quantity.
You receive a lot of sub bass with more linear bass and no mid bass bleed. They do differ in mids and highs though.
Traillii is dryer and crispier sounding with more sparkle at the top end - I think it’s fair to call them a natural-analytical sounding IEM.
While Rognir is more musical one and with just a tad smoothed and a bit more dark high end.

In terms of technicalities and soundstage they are quite close.
While of course you get a more holographic immersive presentation and better sounds placement precision with Rognir as sounds reaches your ears from the outside and not being played straight inside your ear canals.

Mar 28, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #7,652 of 10,053
I would be more interested in Rognir dynamic for more dynamics and at a much better price of course. I don´t understand what I am paying for anymore though the prices has gone up so much the last years though.

As for DCA have not heard stealth but noire was very much as you described. Monitor accoustically dead booring sound though competent of course. Can just fault it for not being dynamic or musical enough.

I got the Ether C Flow and they are actually musical and certainly more capable then my Magni. Huge price difference though and of course not worth the money. Just curious if Rognir dynamic share similar traits to the magni or it´s tuning is entirely different. I tried the GH 50 JM and it was similar to the magni in tone when you really pressed the earpads to your ears.

I will be getting a DCA Stealth soon to compare against the Rognir.

Mar 29, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #7,654 of 10,053
I will be getting a DCA Stealth soon to compare against the Rognir.

For me the DCA Stealth's really opened up with a good quality full-tube amp. Highly recommend different amp pairings with that headphone.

The stealth certainly would be a good complimentary headphone to the Rognirs if you can justify keeping two closed-back cans.

Mar 30, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #7,657 of 10,053
My Gjallahorn-40 Baltic Sea. :)
Screenshot_2022-03-30-16-52-42-466_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Mar 30, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #7,658 of 10,053
Mar 30, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #7,659 of 10,053
Is that a reversible mod an owner can do himself, or does it have to be performed at Kennerton when ordered?

Removing the tubes is apparently not so simple. You need to open the housing and fiddle with the insides. I've been thinking about it but not sure I want to risk it.

I shared a simple mod a while ago that actually works quite well.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #7,660 of 10,053
Removing the tubes is apparently not so simple. You need to open the housing and fiddle with the insides. I've been thinking about it but not sure I want to risk it.

I shared a simple mod a while ago that actually works quite well.
Thanks. I'll search by your username and find the thread you posted...

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #7,662 of 10,053
Sad day, just got word that Kennerton accidently sold the Green Rognirs from under me :frowning2:
says they still have a couple on their website though

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #7,663 of 10,053
Sad day, just got word that Kennerton accidently sold the Green Rognirs from under me :frowning2:
The Rognirs are always greener on the other side…🤔🤪

Mar 31, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #7,665 of 10,053
I may have to violate my rule of only one headphone per driver / open versus closed category and get an Atrium.
Nope. Staying strong and not buying a shiny LTD Atrium... Besides I have something coming from @John Massaria which I’m more eager to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back