Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 17, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #6,571 of 10,026
I received the Hybrid universals/lambskin universal i put on the hybrids first suede is so nice on the skin :). I'm still unsure on the sound, the most immediate difference I think mid bass has been added in quantity and things are more intimate but instrument separation surprisingly didn't take a hit.

PS they sound a little warmer enough to remove some sharp treble(im not sensitive to treble though).

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #6,572 of 10,026
Well I have to say I never thought of that!! Awesome insight and truth - Wow! I need to switch back to the stock Kennerton flat non perforated pad - it does sound most natural with bass and better details- more even handed and a best balance experience- with the wider stage as well - thank you Valentin for the care to all the details - who knew!!
whats the model of this pad ?

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #6,573 of 10,026
The LSA can’t be upgraded to mk2 status because the back plate is flat like the Magni
The front mesh in only 25% of the upgrade most of it has to do with that back plate and inside the wood frame around the driver chamber
Hello. Does it mean that the LSA HP2 is an hybrid between Gjallarhorn and Magni?
Do they sound less than the Gjallarhorn?

EDIT : posts in the next pages answered some of my questions. Apparently, the flat back doesn't prevent the horn construction. That's good.
Too bad, we can't have MK2 upgrade in Europe :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #6,574 of 10,026
Has anyone in the UK bought a set of the Rögnir from a UK Dealer or have you ordered directly from the EU, or maybe directly from Kennerton? I just wondered what everyone is paying after taxes etc, I've been quoted £3000 delivered from a UK Dealer, (3,495 Euro!) I thought that was expensive but then the UK have just left the EU and have to pay the Import charges, etc. Any advice on a reputable source to purchase would be appreciated.
Did you manage to get any feedback? I’m also interested by this. I guess you have to add 20% VAT if you buy directly from Kennerton + customs (how much?)
Less clear what you have to pay if you order within EU after Brexit.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #6,577 of 10,026
Give audio emotion in fife a call.. I had some magnis from them, brilliant service
Thanks mate ! Happy with your Magnis? Not long ago, I was set on the Radiance which I was aiming at buying while in France for Christmas but then discovered Kennerton on these forums And the Magnis are a much cheaper option.
How do you find the cumfort? I have large ears (measured yesterd at 70cm high 😩) and the round earpad might be an issue for me…..

Dec 19, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #6,578 of 10,026
Thanks mate ! Happy with your Magnis? Not long ago, I was set on the Radiance which I was aiming at buying while in France for Christmas but then discovered Kennerton on these forums And the Magnis are a much cheaper option.
How do you find the cumfort? I have large ears (measured yesterd at 70cm high 😩) and the round earpad might be an issue for me…..
I actually moved them on due to a good opportunity for another make but I really enjoyed the magni. They do bass extremely well and were comfortable for me (it took a bit of adjustment).

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #6,579 of 10,026
You know, I was just thinking that it was a nice touch that Kennerton monogrammed my initials, RL, onto my headphones. That was really nice of them.:)

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #6,582 of 10,026
You know, I was just thinking that it was a nice touch that Kennerton monogrammed my initials, RL, onto my headphones. That was really nice of them.:)
I guess that the back of your amps are all monogrammed also…🤪….

Dec 21, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #6,583 of 10,026
Behold yet another new Kennerton's model: Rognir Dynamic. The best is just becoming better!

https://kennerton.org/shop/rognir-dynamic-baltic-sea/

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 13.48.07.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back