Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 13, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #6,556 of 10,023
Yup, I tried for a couple of times with ZMF. No problem with comfort, but overall clarity/transparency/speed seem to take a hit. Stock sound best to me.

BTW: @VKazanzhi if I give you my serial number, can you confirm that I have the "stock/non-bassy" tuning for my Rognir? I'm sure I have, but confirmation would be good.

Thanks.
That would be awesome, I would also like to know which tuning I got.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #6,557 of 10,023
Yup, I tried for a couple of times with ZMF. No problem with comfort, but overall clarity/transparency/speed seem to take a hit. Stock sound best to me.

BTW: @VKazanzhi if I give you my serial number, can you confirm that I have the "stock/non-bassy" tuning for my Rognir? I'm sure I have, but confirmation would be good.

Thanks.
It's a lot simpler than that. Just look at the holes in the back of the cups of your headphones. If you see a ring under the metal mesh (this is the end of the silicone tube) - then it is a neutral version. If you can't see anything under the mesh, it's the bass version. You can see examples in the pictures.

Attachments

• Rognir bass version.jpg
    Rognir bass version.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Rognir neutral version.jpg
    Rognir neutral version.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 13, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #6,558 of 10,023
It's a lot simpler than that. Just look at the holes in the back of the cups of your headphones. If you see a ring under the metal mesh (this is the end of the silicone tube) - then it is a neutral version. If you can't see anything under the mesh, it's the bass version. You can see examples in the pictures.
Thank you very much! Neutral it is :).

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #6,559 of 10,023
Thank you very much! Neutral it is :).
If you want to turn a neutral version into a more bassy one, there is a solution: angled ear cushions made of memory foam, in specially selected leather, with no holes. And there will be plenty of bass!

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 13, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #6,560 of 10,023
If you want to turn a neutral version into a more bassy one, there is a solution: angled ear cushions made of memory foam, in specially selected leather, with no holes. And there will be plenty of bass!
Are these only available from you directly or can all your distributors can get all your unlisted pad variations? Does this one have a ECL number?

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #6,561 of 10,023
I am very happy with the neutral tuning, although it would be lovely to adjust the tuning with other pads if necessary. How and where can I purchase these pads? Would it be possible to ship them to germany?

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #6,562 of 10,023
Thanks. I'm pleased to also identify as bass neutral. Would also be interested to try bass pads.

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #6,564 of 10,023
Does anybody know the start date of manufacturing for the v3 Magni ?

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #6,566 of 10,023
The first Magni V.3 began production in January 2020. The earliest 3 headphones were made during the New Year vacations and shipped to customers in the UK, Sweden and USA. All three pairs were ordered in the same wood - Zebrano.
Thank you,

I wasn't sure if mine were v3s, but I presume they are now, as they were made in June 2020.

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #6,567 of 10,023
Eye candies.

When I first commissioned the Starry Night Thror Novel customization, Valentin showed me a few boards of Karelian Birch and let me choose what I like. While I chose the board that eventually ended up being the Starry Night Thror, Valentin chose to stabilized the other boards and showed me the results anyway.

When I see the stabilized result, I found that one other board came out very interesting, so I asked Valentin to reserve that board for "future customization of Vali Neoteric".

If you saw the blue stabilized Karelian Birch Vali on Kennerton's FB page recently, that's the pair. And I finally received it. The headband was also upgraded to the leather-wrapped, Rognir-style headband.

"Starry Night Vali Neoteric"

DSC_8982.jpg

DSC_8986.jpg

DSC_8988.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #6,568 of 10,023
So, this was how my Kennerton obsession and acquisition started ... for me: The original Odin and the original Vali; Kennerton’s top planar and dynamic of the time.

DSC_0231.jpg

And this is what "End Game" looks like, for me: The Starry Night Thror Novel and Vali Neoteric; again, Kennerton’s top planar and dynamic of the current time.

DSC_9012.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #6,570 of 10,023
Amazing shots as usual. I know a question that is on the mind of a few: How do they sound? How is it compared to the older versions of Vali?
They sound pretty good. I have yet to do the A/B comparison with the original Vali (or to anything for that matter; just had a first listen last night).

However, I do have the measurement for this pair.

IMG_6718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back